Favorite Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Season?

Sorry, I couldn't find another thread of this. I'm interested in seeing how everyone ranks the seasons of Farscape. Here's mine:

1. Season 3 (This just built to such a crescendo, fantastic and heartbreaking)
    2. Season 2 (Great final 4 Episodes!, The Way we Weren't...Crackers don't Matter... Awesome)
    3. Season 1 (all in all, a great beginning)
    4. Season 4 (some of my favorite episodes, but also some of my least favorite)

Anyway, what do you all think?

Again, sorry if this exists already.

If I must....

S3
    S2
    S4
    S1

I think Season 3 is a pretty easy choice for my favorite, but Season 2 is a very very close second.

It is more difficult for me to place 1 and 4. I used to rank 1 ahead of 4 because when I first saw season 4 back when it originally aired, I just didn't like it near as much as Season 3. So because it followed my much loved S3, it felt like a let down for me because I didn't think S4 started off that strong and especially because there were a couple of episodes that I just didn't like that much. In fact it probably has my two least favorite eps of Farscape...Lava's A Many Splendid Thing and Coup By Clam.

But having just recently purchased season 4 and rewatched it, I do appreciate Season 4 much more than I used to. It was actually better than I remembered. So I only put S4 ahead of S1 now because it has been forever since I've seen S1 so it's hard to compare the two because the first season is not fresh in my mind even though I can generally remember many of the eps. *kicks self for not buying S1 back when I had the chance* But I still think even if I could get my hands on Season 1 dvds to refresh my memory, I'd probably still put Season 4 ahead of it.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

I hate ranking the seasons, because I really believe I enjoyed all of them equally, but each for their own unique reasons. But, tentatively, I guess I would place them like this -

1)Season 3
      2)Season 4
      3)Season 2
      4)Season 1
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
        If I must....

S3
        S2
        S4
        S1

I think Season 3 is a pretty easy choice for my favorite, but Season 2 is a very very close second.

It is more difficult for me to place 1 and 4. I used to rank 1 ahead of 4 because when I first saw season 4 back when it originally aired, I just didn't like it near as much as Season 3. So because it followed my much loved S3, it felt like a let down for me because I didn't think S4 started off that strong and especially because there were a couple of episodes that I just didn't like that much. In fact it probably has my two least favorite eps of Farscape...Lava's A Many Splendid Thing and Coup By Clam.

But having just recently purchased season 4 and rewatched it, I do appreciate Season 4 much more than I used to. It was actually better than I remembered. So I only put S4 ahead of S1 now because it has been forever since I've seen S1 so it's hard to compare the two because the first season is not fresh in my mind even though I can generally remember many of the eps. *kicks self for not buying S1 back when I had the chance* But I still think even if I could get my hands on Season 1 dvds to refresh my memory, I'd probably still put Season 4 ahead of it.
        I think you summed up my feelings perfectly (even if we swapped 4 and 1).

And yeah Fifth Man, ranking is pretty pointless (like I said in the appreciation thread) but I just wanted to kick out a possible conversation stimulator. Sorry you don't have season 1 Lonestar. That sucks. Come on Sony, help Scapers out.

Comment

S4 is a bit iffy. The last 6 eps are killers and among the best of the show. So that part would be at or near the top. The rest of the season has some decent eps and some not so good. So that makes the season really hard to rank as a whole.
          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

s3
            s2
            s4
            s1
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Yeah I have to agree.

4 has some really pivotal episodes that rank up there with my favorite Farscape episodes from the series, but it has too many other eps, that while good (and better than most anything else on tv), are not ranked as high on my favorite ep list so it does tend to drag the season down for me.

I just really enjoyed the storytelling in Season 3. I thought the way they split the crew was interesting and worked quite well. Then the end of the season was just kick ass. And emotionally that season packs the biggest punch for me.

If we really wanted to get crazy, we should try to rank every episode of Farscape. Hey I've ranked all 214 eps of Stargate SG-1 before.
              Last edited by LoneStar1836; 14 October 2008, 04:29 PM.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                If we really wanted to get crazy, we should try to rank every episode of Farscape. Hey I've ranked all 214 eps of Stargate SG-1 before.
                you should try to rank all 726 eps of ST
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                  you should try to rank all 726 eps of ST
                  Now that would just be insane.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

I will tell you right now, there is no way I could even attempt to rank all of SG-1 or ST. My head would literally explode.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Honestly I loved everything ever produced from Farscape including The Peacekeeper Wars.

The first season was hit and miss but decent enough to set-up the rest of the series

The second season was better but still alot of hit and miss episodes.

The third season was epic and one of the best scifi seasons from any series.

The fourth season was also chalk full of greatness.

The Peacekeeper Wars was a fine conclusion to the story. That being said, I would have preferred a fifth season, but at least we got this
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Season 3, without a second of doubt, has to be the best. Two Crichtons for the price of one. Fantastic!

Peacekeeper wars was disappointing. I wanted large scale WAR as promised by the title. Nothing was forthcoming
                        sigpic
                        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Season three, most definitely. Had the chance to watch it again on terrestrial telly a few months ago. Good times.
                          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Season Three. I just got it on DVD. I also liked quite a bit of the second season. It had such fabulous episodes like "Crackers Don't Matter", "The Way We Weren't" and of course "Die Me Dichotomy". The fourth season was not that great IMO. It had some really, really great episodes but also quite a few that were missed chances. In the first season, everyone was just getting a feel for the characters and the series itself. On the whole the four seasons of Farscape easily beat the five from Stargate Atlantis....I love both shows but SGA will never hold a candle compared to "Farscape"
                            He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                            He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                            And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                              Honestly I loved everything ever produced from Farscape including The Peacekeeper Wars.

The first season was hit and miss but decent enough to set-up the rest of the series

The second season was better but still alot of hit and miss episodes.

The third season was epic and one of the best scifi seasons from any series.

The fourth season was also chalk full of greatness.

The Peacekeeper Wars was a fine conclusion to the story. That being said, I would have preferred a fifth season, but at least we got this
                              Great list brother Fifth Race. I pretty much agree with most everyone on here - S3 and S4 were epic. I did rather enjoy the S1 a little more than most - I enjoyed the wonderful use of mild camp in the first two seasons. The Peacekeeper Wars was decent enough, and it was better than nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X