Can anyone help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
    It ended with them being gassesd in the reptile ship at 1 hour 32 min long. I am here in Australia, and I found part 2, so I got it all now thank goodness.
    Cool, glad you were able to find the rest. On the plus side, that version has more extra's than the one we got in Region 1 I believe.

Comment

I'm happy to hear that you got to see the rest of PKWs, Starrtom.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Thanks for every body's help, just one question though was the actor playing Dargo the same one as in the series? He just seems a little different.

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
          Thanks for every body's help, just one question though was the actor playing Dargo the same one as in the series? He just seems a little different.
          The same. Anthony Simcoe played D'Argo in both the series and in PKW. The actor playing Jothee, D'Argo's son, was different though in PKW.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
            The same. Anthony Simcoe played D'Argo in both the series and in PKW. The actor playing Jothee, D'Argo's son, was different though in PKW.
            Cool thanks

Comment

Wow, I didn't even notice Jothee was different. I think I was too focused on Pilot's different voice (even though it was still Lani) and the recurring nurse/Muoma.

Comment

I did notice something different about Jothee, but it still seemed like the same actor. Strange. D'Argo seemed the same to me though. Pilot's voice on the other hand was definitely different, apparently due to a different sound technician or something like that.

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
                The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

I've noticed, Pilot's voice almost always sounds different. In the episode "The Flax" he sounded bored to me, for some reason. I haven't watched PK Wars for ages. Should though.

Yep, it's the end of part 1. It looks like you got British release in Australia or Australian company released it exactly the same way as they did in UK.
                  Cool, glad you were able to find the rest. On the plus side, that version has more extra's than the one we got in Region 1 I believe.

It's not the Australian release. I have it. The Australian release has nothing but the movie on one disc. It doesn't have subtitles or extras or anything. It doesn't have the S at the end of war, either.

Comment

Originally posted by ./freelancer View Post
                    I did notice something different about Jothee, but it still seemed like the same actor. Strange.
                    Matt Newton, who played Jothee in the series, wasn't available at the time of filming PKW and they got another actor - Nathaniel Dean.

Comment

Originally posted by THe KiKO peRsON View Post
                      I've noticed, Pilot's voice almost always sounds different. In the episode "The Flax" he sounded bored to me, for some reason. I haven't watched PK Wars for ages. Should though.

It's not the Australian release. I have it. The Australian release has nothing but the movie on one disc. It doesn't have subtitles or extras or anything. It doesn't have the S at the end of war, either.
                      The "S" thing happened also elsewhere, when PKW was aired by Hallmark Channel in Poland (and probably it also happened in another countries where Hallmark aired it), the title also suffered from the lack of "S" at the end of "war".

If it's not the Australian release, then it obviously was import from UK. I have it and there are two separate disc, which can easily be presented in the shop as the two independent DVDs inside the hard cover, but not entirely closed, so it's very possible that somebody in the store just put the discs separately on the shelf. As for the subtitles - they are only present at Region 1 release. Contender UK didn't bother to add them to PKW DVDs or earlier to the series.

Last edited by Ladyinred; 22 August 2008, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
                        Matt Newton, who played Jothee in the series, wasn't available at the time of filming PKW and they got another actor - Nathaniel Dean.
                        Well, IMO at least, Dean did a good job in PKWs.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                        X