Favorite Character Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^

1- Scorpius is probably my favorite sci-fi character period. He could be ruthless at times but never was he senseless. All of his violence and cruelty was motivated by purpose, a purpose that was ultimately a good and noble one. He was the sort of grey area villian you get only once in a while and the sort of character, not just villian, that a lot of shows could learn a lot from emulating. He was the main badguy and yet his character was arguably more complex and multi faceted than any other on the show, even the main hero John Crichton. He could be vicious and unforgiving in one scene and yet also naive and vulnerable in another. You just don't get complexity like that from most shows, especially not when it comes to villians.

2-Mele-On Grayza: Grayza felt a lot to me like a proto Scorpius in a lot of ways. That's to say she had the potential to grow to be very interesting had she been given more than just a few episodes spread over a single season to develop. There's a fascinating interview with Rebecca Riggs on one of the DVDs where she really goes into depth as to what Grayza was supposed to be all about. It really sucks that the series got canned just as the whole plot between her Scorpius and Braca was really starting to get interesting.

Those two were the stand outs for me, I always tend to be more fascinated by the badguys, but I didn't really dislike any of Farscape characters, even Jothee was able to suck less in PK wars. If I had to pick a least favorite though it would probably be late series "girlfriend Aeryn" but mainly only because pre girlfriend Aeryn was so awesome. Around season 4 though they softened her up and she started to just bore me badly with all the emotional nonsense between her and Crichton, then there was the baby and... uuugh no thanks.

Comment

My favorite character is Moya. But, as you did not include her, I went with Pilot. He and Moya are what drew me into the show.
      sigpic
      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

1. John Crichton ... I'm a sucker for blue eyes, and love the pop culture references!
        2. Scorpi / Harvey ... best villain ever; best comic relief ever

Without # 1 and # 2 there would not have been a Farscape beyond season 1.
        Those two made the show, IMO.

3. Aeryn Sun ... love watching Claudia Black act, especially when she was able to get out of character for AS (John Quixote, Won't Get Fooled Again)

4. Ka D'Argo ... the first time I saw and heard Anthony Simcoe, I thought "there's absolutely no way this is D'Argo, no way ..." What another great actor! And he's fun watching when he gets out of character for D'Argo as well. I especially love D'Argo in S1 where he hates everyone and everything, especially JC, and in S2 when he starts to buddy up to John and the others (at times).

5. Pilot (and Moya) ... I can't say this enough, Pilot's facial expressions speak volumes and his back story is as touching as anybody else's, and he's a puppet! That is something I am always in awe of, whenever watching Pilot's emotions change, like in The Way We Weren't.

6. Chiana ... what is it John said? She can "cry, kick, and kiss her way out of any situation!" That pretty much describes here, and loved watching her and D'Argo's relationship and her and John's relationship progress in Season 2. I even named my new cat "Pip".

7. Rygel ... I love how he became soooo useful to the others, even if most of the time it was against his will! What happened to him in Beware of Dog was a bit surprising though,
        Spoiler:
        though I will admit to thinking that something seemed a bit "off" during the ep, but didn't quite realize what it was until they found the real Rygel.
        Is it just me, or does the bad stuff always seem to happen to Rygel?

8. Zhaan ... wow! Big sister to the entire crew, though still struggles with being selfish like the rest. Love to see her and Rygel bicker though!!

I think that covers S1 and S2. I still haven't made up my mind about Stark, and haven't seen enough episodes to judge the rest of the gang ... Noranti, Jool, Sikozu, Crais, etc.

Comment

John Crichton's my all-time favorite Farscape character.
          sigpic

Sig by SamJackShipLover! Thanks!

Thanks to Vanity_killsxxx on LJ for my profile pic!

Comment

I voted Aeryn. It was very tough to choose between Aeryn and Chiana because I love them both I love John as well, but not as much as those two girls.

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
            ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

Eekk, I went with Aeryn, but it was more than a little tough to make that decision.

In the end I went with Aeryn because I think her character grew the most over the season. She really fulfilled John's promise of "You can be more." Don't get me wrong I think that all of the characters went through tremendous changes and growth, as well. Tough choice.

I think I'd put my top five like this:

Aeryn
              Crichton
              Chiana/D'Argo (can't choose between them)
              Scorpious
              Pilot

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
              "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

My fave is Moya, though Pilot comes in a close second.

Comment

Being a newbie, I decided to wait till I'd watched the first two seasons. I've just started the third so now I feel vaguely qualified to vote on a favourite character now.

Number one spot goes to Aeryn. I've admired Claudia for a while now so could be bias lol but I absolutely love the way she has evolved as Aeryn.

I could just eat Crichton so he's quite close. What I love is that I've 'bought' into the FarScape world so much that when he talks and goes all crazy human on us it's everyone else that seems normal and he is quite the alien.

Oh and feel I have to mention Pilot and Rygel whom I think are fantastic. I love the relationship between Pilot and Aeryn.

And D'Argo.. he makes me laugh.. a lot.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                    My favorite character is Moya. But, as you did not include her, I went with Pilot. He and Moya are what drew me into the show.
                    yeah, good point I would vote Moya aswell
                    Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
                    They had to fake the ratings
                    They had to fake the ratings.
                    Let it be known for all times there were once...

Comment

Such a great show with deep, rich and unique characters!. I gave Scorpius my vote but Crichton is a very close second. Aeryn was annoying at first but ended up loving her in the end. I also really enjoyed the relationship that Pilot and Moya shared. D'Argo and Zhaan kind of creeped me out. Rygel was hilarious. Chiana grew on me. Jool was kind of interesting.

Comment

it was hard to choose between john and aeryn, but i chose aeryn because she's such a strong character (not that john isn't)
                        thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

I didn't vote I'm just saying from what I feel from the bottom of my heart.

I love John, Aeryn, Chiana (even if she's a very controversial character), Crais (he's not a so bad guy and he proved he was a good one!), Scorpius (because he's one of the best villains I've seen on tv), D'Argo (because he's a great warrior and he's got a big heart) and Noranti because she's funny.

I love Zhaan too, because she made a huge sacrifice and she's not so selfish.

I want more Cam/Sam and Dala
                          Paul Mc Gillion back as regular in season 5!

We want Farscape on M6! 538 people signed! What about you?
                          March 19th 1999-March 19th 2008 : Happy Birthday Farscape !

Stargate cast members I would like to meet :
                          Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Paul Mc Gillion and Amanda Tapping

Comment

John
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

My favorite character always was Chrichton. It seems like that is true for alot of other people aswell.

Comment

Well, John is far above everyone else, no question there. I think he's one of the most sympathetic heroes I've ever seen on TV Here's my top 5:

1. John Crichton
                                2. Harvey/Scorpius
                                3. Aeryn Sun
                                4. D'Argo
                                5. Chiana

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X