• Show
Clear All

*giggles* oh thats nice
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MFA View Post
      THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Wow, that brought back memories ... "proximity alert" hahaha

Thanks, that's the commentary I was referring to earlier.
      :grin: It was totally no problem, I had so much fun listening.
      --I know, terrible hardship, listening to 50 minutes of those two, lol

Originally posted by CKO View Post
      *giggles* oh thats nice
      I had a ball listening to the commentary, I never realized how much more you get out of an episode from them..
      Renny Roo, the Keeper Of the Fruitcakes

sigpic
      Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Which eps did they do commentaries together? I'm eagerly awaiting three of the DVD's (Starburst ones) and can't decide which one to watch first... oh wait, who am I kidding. AHR, who does the commentary for that?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
          Which eps did they do commentaries together? I'm eagerly awaiting three of the DVD's (Starburst ones) and can't decide which one to watch first... oh wait, who am I kidding. AHR, who does the commentary for that?
          AHR is CB and BB, you'll love it. Nerve is also CB and BB. I'll need to look up the others, there is also a hidden one that is excaping me at the moment.....

Hidden one is in "Dog with Two Bones", David Kemper and Ben Browder
          Last edited by SciFiFan; 04 September 2007, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Odakota_Rose View Post
            :grin: It was totally no problem, I had so much fun listening.
            --I know, terrible hardship, listening to 50 minutes of those two, lol

I had a ball listening to the commentary, I never realized how much more you get out of an episode from them..

I love listening to commentaries, sometimes (as in this case) they are as good as the episode itself. And you get so many "inside" goodies and gain a new perspective and respect for the actors / directors / writers, etc.

Ben and Claudia are my favorites, though, I can only remember the one that I've heard so far. I hope they have some Ben/Claudia commentaries on the Netflix S3 DVDs. Unfortunately, they're not the Starburst editions - just the first ones that ADV put out.

Comment

I love listening to commentaries, sometimes (as in this case) they are as good as the episode itself. And you get so many "inside" goodies and gain a new perspective and respect for the actors / directors / writers, etc.

Ben and Claudia are my favorites, though, I can only remember the one that I've heard so far. I hope they have some Ben/Claudia commentaries on the Netflix S3 DVDs. Unfortunately, they're not the Starburst editions - just the first ones that ADV put out.
              Yeah, you know that's something else that hit me, they went through a lot to make this show as great as it was, and you never really find out quite how much until you watch the commentaries. I know I had a bunch of 'wow, they really care about this' moments..

I don't have the dvds yet, but I've gotten a couple commentaries from people and I'm having a blast with those..

sigpic
              Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Just finished Suns and Lovers and Season of Death.

In SoD - the J/A scene near the end ... "I love you" ... "I love you too" was a heart stopper. And when Aeryn put the brakes on? Wow ... talk about angst. But I guess she was right, she was not ready for that much of an emotional commitment.

And in S&L ... hehehe ... I thought Aeryn bringing up the discussion of bodily fluids well done - I know some have said it just seemed out of place and out of character for Aeryn, but I don't know, seemed to fit in very well for me. I mean, her speech about what peacekeepers do and how they have to relieve some of the tensions at times and all. And that whole exchange at the end, where they change sides and Aeryn is the one wanting to wait? CB seemed like she was having a hard time keeping a straight face.

Comment

yes SoD....
                  Spoiler:
                  those kisses are hot
                  and in SaL
                  Spoiler:
                  the whole talk of body fluids ect is nice, heheheh talk bout some major flirtin in that ep
                  sigpic

Comment

I got my Starburst DVD's of those eps two days ago!!! Has anyone else listened to the commentary for The Locket???
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
                      Someone put together a nice page of which dvd's have which commentaries. The 1st column is the original ADV release - probably what comes from Netflix.

http://www.karlsweb.com/DVD_Summary.htm

Originally posted by Odakota_Rose View Post
                      Yeah, you know that's something else that hit me, they went through a lot to make this show as great as it was, and you never really find out quite how much until you watch the commentaries. I know I had a bunch of 'wow, they really care about this' moments.
                      Yes. That's what's made me an even bigger fan. The people involved loved this show as much as we did and tried there best to give us a great product.
                      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                        Someone put together a nice page of which dvd's have which commentaries. The 1st column is the original ADV release - probably what comes from Netflix.

http://www.karlsweb.com/DVD_Summary.htm
                        Doing a happy dance ... thanks for the info, cool. And what's cooler - Season 3 DVD's from Netflix are STARBURST!!! (I enjoyed the commentary by CB on Self Inflicted Wounds Pt 2). I wasn't sure, but was hoping as they did have a TON of additional features. Maybe now I won't run into a problem of getting bad DVD's like I have a couple of times already .

Yes. That's what's made me an even bigger fan. The people involved loved this show as much as we did and tried there best to give us a great product.

Me to! And the fact that they seem so "down to earth" and care about the fans and what the fans say and how they feel about the show.

Comment

Me to! And the fact that they seem so "down to earth" and care about the fans and what the fans say and how they feel about the show.
                          Definitely! My only regret is that I didn't have the chance to watch during the original run, I hear it was a wild ride

I went on a season one mini-marathon tonight.. and was hit once again by just how much the chair changed John..

sigpic
                          Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

yea it did
                            sigpic

Comment

One of the things I like most about these commentaries is that they notice and comment on the same scenes the fans pick out to be faves or comment on. They are fans too.
                              And Ben is an admitted shipper.

Comment

Lol, gottal ove actors who are shippers

Hey, anybody got ideas on how we can get this thread active?

sigpic
                                Sig by Odakota_Rose

Comment

Working...
                                X