Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I try to get a lot of my friends to watch and they get turned off because its "too weird". They too also said they could only watch about 5 minutes of it.
    "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
      I try to get a lot of my friends to watch and they get turned off because its "too weird". They too also said they could only watch about 5 minutes of it.
      Some people have no taste.

Comment

Why did SCI-FI skip over "Kansas" and the next two episodes today? That ticked me as I'am a new Scaper (starting watching when they started showing the monthly blocks) and with the mini-series approaching I wanted to get caught up. Sure I got up to the series finale today, but still that ticked me off as I wanted to see Crichton on Earth. Frelling Sci-Fi!

Comment

i never watched farscape, mostly cos in uK it was shown on bbc2 at kiddie hour (cos only kids watch sci-fi) and hence was cut to pieces. but a friend lent me the dvds about a year ago..and it was amazing! the pop culture references, the brilliant aliens, innovative plots, aeryn soon (just for being aeryn soon) and more than a few ships. ships that actually worked and fitted into the plotlines. i didn't know about the ending until i saw it, a month ago. i couldn't believe it. i screamed at the screen. there were swear words involved. on the one hand, it was a brilliant way to end (hey, i'm a big fan of the kill them all endings, one of my first fave sci-fi shows was blake's seven), but on the other hand..relieved to know there was a mini-series coming up.

and that's my farscape babble done with.
          Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
            i never watched farscape, mostly cos in uK it was shown on bbc2 at kiddie hour (cos only kids watch sci-fi) and hence was cut to pieces. but a friend lent me the dvds about a year ago..and it was amazing! the pop culture references, the brilliant aliens, innovative plots, aeryn soon (just for being aeryn soon) and more than a few ships. ships that actually worked and fitted into the plotlines. i didn't know about the ending until i saw it, a month ago. i couldn't believe it. i screamed at the screen. there were swear words involved. on the one hand, it was a brilliant way to end (hey, i'm a big fan of the kill them all endings, one of my first fave sci-fi shows was blake's seven), but on the other hand..relieved to know there was a mini-series coming up.
            If you didn't know in advance that it was going to end with a cliffhanger I can understand you being a little upset.

Back before the mini series was confirmed I had the last DVD sitting on my shelf for at least two months before I finally gave in and watched that last episode, knowing that it would end in a cliffhanger. Thank god that there is going to be a resolution.

Oh, and it's Aeryn Sun, btw.

Comment

Way to many good shows get cancelled before their time and Farscape is a prime example of this. The series was getting really good again after a lack luster first half of season 4 and seemed set to give us very good things, but typically the execs pull the plug

How is it that crap like Voyager can get seven season but a series like Farscape gets only four? There just isn´t any justice in the world.

Comment

Hell Yeah!

I wasn't always a Farscape fan. I found Stargate first and then when I came online to find out more about that show I heard people talking about Farscape. I caught part of an episode (I later found out it was "Incubator") and thought it was the dumbest thing I'd ever seen. All the characters seemed to be running around like crazy all the time, puppets out of control, there was a weird guy dressed in a bad Cher outfit who had a roto-rooter in his head - it was strange and I felt kind of lost.

Then later I caught "Out of Their Minds" in one of Scifi's mini-marathons. I was intrigued. The characters all seemed interesting in this one - people I wanted to find out more about. I got the season 1 DVD's and started from the beginning - I think the only way to really appreciate Farscape. By "Hidden Memory" and "Nerve" I was totally hooked.

I fell in love with the characters and I really loved John and Aeryn's relationship. Probably the only scifi ship in recent memory I've really been excited about. The show had an interesting feel to it - the mix of Australian accents and the outstanding work from Henson's Creature Shop made it seem more exotic than most scifi shows.

Is it a perfect show? No, not even close. The writers sometimes seem to like weirdness for weirdness sake. They take chances on long-term story arcs that don't always work and drop others that have promise. I do give them credit for taking risks that a lot of writers won't.

I think they totally went off course in the first half of season 4 and I almost stopped watching. But they pulled it back together in the last half (well mostly) and I was very sad to see the show end. When Farscape is hitting on all cylinders it's a unique scifi experience that grabs you and doesn't let go. When it falls on its face it makes you cringe.

I could have lived with the end we had at season 4 - it was very "Farscape", but I'm thrilled we're getting the mini-series because there was a lot of the story left to tell. In fact I think a mini-series may be the ideal format for Farscape because that show works best when you have time to really immerse yourself in the characters and the story.

October 17th - one month from today. Yay!

Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                  I think they totally went off course in the first half of season 4 and I almost stopped watching. But they pulled it back together in the last half (well mostly) and I was very sad to see the show end. When Farscape is hitting on all cylinders it's a unique scifi experience that grabs you and doesn't let go. When it falls on its face it makes you cringe.
                  That's putting it very succinctly. It did work more often then it failed, but, yeah, when it failed it did so spectacularly

Comment

Ah, Farscape.

Actually, I had much of the same reactions as Kes did, when I first watched the show, in regards to the 'weirdness'. It definitely took some getting used to. I watched it from the first episode (although after it had been cancelled, I might add) but there was still a lot of "What the heck *is* this?" from my side. Then came "Nerve/A Hidden Memory" and I was completely hooked.

It's not a show for everyone and I can understand people who have reservations towards it, because of the weirdness and the puppets (hey, I was one of them ), but once I got past my initial reactions and let the stories and the characters draw me in, there was just something very special going on, that I couldn't let go off.

I watched Won't Get Fooled Again and I could not get over what an absolutely amazing actor Ben Browder is. He brought me to tears in that episode (and that wasn't the only one). Claudia Black did the exact same thing in The Choice. By the end of Infinite Possibilites I had given up hope of ever being able to stop crying.
                    Remarkable, remarkable actors.

The relationship between Aeryn and Crichton and the conflict that Scorpius brings to it, is one of the strongest, most passionate I have ever seen on the screen.

So, in conclusion: Hell Yeah!
                    Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
                      yeah, that happened to me, too. it's one of those things where you either love it because it's weird or hate it because it's weird.

i haven't seen any of season 4, but i've seen all of 1 and 2 and most of 3, and i really like it. it has great characters and storylines, and unlike other sci-fi shows where the aliens look pretty much like humans, the aliens are creative and original. true, some of the stuff doesn't work, but most of it is spectacular.

Comment

Originally posted by Greesha
                        i haven't seen any of season 4, ...
                        Do watch it, but you may want to have a paperback or a jigsaw or something on hand during the early s4 eps. I'll agree with what others have said about s4, it starts off pretty poorly. Then halfway through it really picks up, and there are some absolute classics.

Madeleine

Comment

IE: Bad Timing. Great episode.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                            Do watch it, but you may want to have a paperback or a jigsaw or something on hand during the early s4 eps.
                            That is awful advice. The problem with most of those early S4 eps is that you have to pay real close attention or else the plot isn't going to make any sense.

Comment

I liked all the episodes in it. The great thing I feel about this show is that it was top quality from Start to finish and in a way it's good that it will be remembered as a show with many great stories and few weak ones.

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
                              from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

Some reviews are popping up for the Farscape miniseries - Peacekeeper Wars.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=18275

I didn't read that one too closely because it had some minor spoilers. Basically if you're a fan of the show you should love the miniseries. People who've never watched Farscape are probably going to be lost.

Another review.....

http://www.genreonline.net/Farscape_...ars_SCIFI.html

A few pics from the miniseries are included but no plot points are revealed.

Very much a rave review....A small snippet...

The script by Rockne S. O’Bannon and David Kemper is nothing short of excellent. Fans will find out things they never even thought would ever be addressed and the miniseries is so satisfying that I think it will leave all viewers of the series with a sense that they have witnessed something truly wondrous and obviously fans will want more, but if nothing should ever follow, this is the ending I think “Farscape” deserved and I applaud everyone involved with making this come to fruition because believe me “Farscape” would be a lesser sci-fi TV franchise without it.

Hell Yeah!

Last edited by keshou; 23 September 2004, 11:40 AM.
                                Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                                X