Farscape returns in Web-based series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
    He did say it would be a surprise. And they definately left it open so that he could easily be brought back.
    Sweet, that would be great. Does anyone think they are going to keep going with the Peacekeepers and Scarans or bring in another new races as the main players.

TheChosen1

Comment

Hmm...I want to be very excited about this but I think I'm going to hold back until we get more details.

If they can't get BB and CB back, it's not going to be something I'll really be looking forward to. Loved the show but they were my main reason for watching.

It'll be interesting to see how all this works out though (actors, writers, etc.) and if anything more comes from this web series. *crosses fingers*
      IMO always implied.

Comment

I'm with most other people, as much as I love the idea of a Farscape revival I'm going to wait for some more information before I get my hopes up too high.

But I've got my fingers and toes crossed that they don't stuff it up
        "But I want to do community service, I want to teach the handicapped how to yodel"

Comment

Originally posted by katTheBird View Post
          But I've got my fingers and toes crossed that they don't stuff it up
          Truthfully, that is really all any of us can do.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Four years and a mini-series was not enough. Hope they find a way to have all the main characters even D'argo. It's science fiction.
            Spoiler:
            The dead can rise again.

Banner made by Tanya Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by StargateDanielJackson View Post
              Four years and a mini-series was not enough. Hope they find a way to have all the main characters even D'argo. It's science fiction.
              Spoiler:
              The dead can rise again.
              If not all the characters, hopefully at least most of them.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I dunno if this was already posted but it seems SciFi has confirmed that the episodes will only be a few minutes long. Bummer.

Source : http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....pes-unlik.html

Comment

Originally posted by StargateDanielJackson View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  The dead can rise again.
                  hehe oh so true, I always like D'argo
                  "But I want to do community service, I want to teach the handicapped how to yodel"

Comment

'Farscape's' unlikely but welcome return
                    On Sunday at the TCA press tour, Sci Fi announced that the late, lamented outer-space series "Farscape" would be resurrected as an online entity.

The new live-action content will "revive and expand the beloved 'Farscape' universe," according to the channel's press release. According to Sci Fi general manager Dave Howe, the current thinking is that each of the 10 segments will be few minutes long.

The Web series will be executive produced by Brian Henson and Robert Halmi Jr and produced by the Jim Henson Company in association with RHI Entertainment.

“In terms of what part of that [‘Farscape’] universe it encompasses, I don’t know,” said Mark Stern, executive vice president of original programming for Sci Fi, who added that the deal for the online series had just been closed days ago, so very little was known about the new venture.

Stern also didn’t know who’d be starring in the series, but he did say that “Farscape” star Ben Browder was “just finishing up the ‘Stargate [SG-1]’ movies, so he’s available.”

Browder, like “Farscape” co-star Claudia Black, were series regulars on “Stargate SG-1,” which just finished up its run for good.

I asked if the online “Farscape” content might possibly end up in Sci Fi’s on-air schedule.

“I would love to see that happen,” Stern said. “That would be really interesting, wouldn’t it, if it found a whole new life online and then we could put them on air,” possibly all in one single broadcast.

Browder has another project to keep him occupied, at least part of the time: Sci Fi also announced that it had picked up “Going Homer,” a miniseries he developed with “Farscape” director Andrew Prowse.

Here’s Sci Fi’s description of the project: “Greek and Roman deities walk among us, but only 12 year old Homer Ulysses Jones can see them for what they truly are. When Homer and his father are forced to flee a custody battle that would likely separate them, they journey from Los Angeles to the home of their ancestors – in Ithaca, N.Y. As they travel through the heart of Americana, Homer’s eyes will be opened to a mystical landscape of capricious Gods; some will help our heroes, some will divert them and others will try to kill them to prevent them from reaching their ultimate goal – home.”

“We’re really in early days,” with that project, Stern said. “We’ve bought the concept we’re going to be attaching a writer to work with him and we’re going to see where it’s going to go. It’s probably going to be a 6-hour miniseries. He and his partner have a full on story and an outline of where they want to go,” but the script has yet to be written, so there’s no projected air date for the miniseries.

UPDATE: Because there is a lot of speculation about this, I double checked with Sci Fi, and the network confirmed that each episode of the "Farscape" Web series is projected to be a few minutes long. They are not going to do 10 full, 44-minute episodes for the Web. Each episode will be a few minutes long.

Well that blows, so much for me caring about this, pretty stupid if you ask me, almost like that clone wars stuff Star Wars did that was like 5 mins each. Its like Scifi is just again rubing it in our faces , bad enough they got rid of Farscape, then SG1 and now give us maybe 15mins of probably side stories with characters we no nothing or care about.

And watch them try and charge for this too, i mean really why would they do all of this for free?
                    LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

Yah, well it sucks. But at least something Farscape is coming that could always grow to be something bigger and better. It's more than we had a few days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sweet Guy View Post
                        Yah, well it sucks. But at least something Farscape is coming that could always grow to be something bigger and better. It's more than we had a few days ago.
                        I totally agree. They aren't doing this for no reason at all. They have to be testing the waters for a possible return of the show. That's how I'm seeing this.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

So disappointed that they episodes are only going to be a few minutes long. They will have to be story driven without the Character development that they had in Farscape. I loved the characters.

Comment

Originally posted by farscapegatter View Post
                            So disappointed that they episodes are only going to be a few minutes long. They will have to be story driven without the Character development that they had in Farscape. I loved the characters.
                            Put together though, these webisodes should just about equal one whole episode. And hopefully, lead to more very soon (as in, back on TV).
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by boxvic View Post
                              It is about time the Scifi Channel realizes and does something sci-fi-ish.

Now, in respect to the money side of it, yeah it is impossible to make money off of just internet broadcasting, because everything eventually ends up on youtube. But if they where to shoot episodes of shows like this, then go back in editing and insert at certain time points advertisements for show sponsors then I don't see any reason this couldn't work. Because to remove those sponsors someone would have to actually take the time to edit the entire show before reposting it to a media sharing site. If they don't remove the sponsors then that is even more viewership the sponsors would pay for.

Seriously, something like Farscape might never reach one million views on the Scifi Channel, but will probably reach one million unique views on the internet within a day or so. You couple that with an eventual TV run, if not an actual rebirth of the show and you begin to see why sci-fi fans matter!

To be honest, I think every TV studio that considers canceling a sci-fi show needs to sell internet advertising for the show and release the episodes for download at the same time they are shown on television. I have a feeling no sci-fi show would ever get canceled if they did that.
                              Who owns the rights to the Farscape franchise these days ?
                              Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
                              They had to fake the ratings
                              They had to fake the ratings.
                              Let it be known for all times there were once...

Comment

PKW got ratings as good as or better than anything else The SciFi Channel airs. I think it got a 1.7 or so- which is about 2 million viewers. And our reward for this? 10 or 12 webisodes 3 frelling years after PKW aired.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X