Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thunderstorm
    Haven't watched some of these eps in awhile and I'm trying to watch again from the beginning. I am up to Season of Death.

So was Into the Lion's Den when
    Spoiler:
    Talyn and Crais Die as they blowup the command carrier

And a reason to get the DVD's is to listen to the commentaries. The ones with Ben, Claudia, and David Kemper are great. I did the one for Die Me Dichtomy yesterday and it's really interesting getting to know where some of these ideas come from. Lots of times the commentary ends about anything but that episode but it's fascinating anyway. Although if you haven't seen the whole series, I'd wait till you're done because they do spoil future eps.
    you are correct
    sigpic

Comment

Not going to be spoiled... not gonna be spoiled... I've got the next episode tomorrow morning on the WB for me... gotta get my Scape fix!
      Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
        Not going to be spoiled... not gonna be spoiled... I've got the next episode tomorrow morning on the WB for me... gotta get my Scape fix!
        Looked up the tv listings and it says the S2 ep this weekend is 'Won't Get Fooled Again'. If this is the ep you will be seeing then you are in for a treat. One of the weirder eps of the show.

Plus it has Ben doing, I think, the most angsty and heart breaking scene of the whole series.
        Spoiler:
        John crying when he has to relive his Mom dying and she's pleading to him

And some great lines like
        Spoiler:
        Crais saying
        You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney

And that whole scene in the operating room with Zhaan and Aeryn and Rygel in the leather
        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Yeah weird episode
          sigpic
          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

ohhhhh wont get fooled again... that eppy is so frellin funny *snerk*

Spoiler:

plus Crais in those red pumps is funny too
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO
              Spoiler:
              Hm, I would say, it has its funny parts like every ep of Farscape, but it was too heartbreaking watching him becoming more and more desperate in this insane sorrounding. And this scenes with his mother, I was glad to be alone, because I had to cry so hard.
              All his tries to get rid off this reality, killing all in the car, etc, the moment where all are in this bureau, where he shots at them and they pretend that there is nothing happening...not an ep I would see mainly as funny.
              Last edited by Gwin; 18 June 2006, 04:46 AM.
              That's all folks.

Comment

Originally posted by CKO

Spoiler:

plus Crais in those red pumps is funny too
                Funny, yes. But there are some powerful moments in that episode too.
                Spoiler:
                Watching Crichton descend into madness is quite disturbing at times.
                Definitely one of my favorite eps of Season 2.

Spoiler:
                One of my favorite moments is when Crichton throws Rygel, "his new boss", off that staircase. Very entertaining to watch. And Crais in the pumps, definitely very funny.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I find that I appreciate this show more in syndication than I did when it was current. Maybe it's all the summer reruns that have me anticipating Sunday nights on the WB, but whatever it is, I am enjoying it now more than in the past.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I just watched "Icarus Abides." in season 3....
                    Im must say it was very sad and my NON SCIFIGEEK sister even cried.....
                    Whoa was I shocked....
                    yet another reason why i love farscape

Comment

Originally posted by Gal-in-Black
                      I just watched "Icarus Abides." in season 3....
                      Im must say it was very sad and my NON SCIFIGEEK sister even cried.....
                      Whoa was I shocked....
                      yet another reason why i love farscape
                      Yep, that was one heck of an episode. But, what a way
                      Spoiler:
                      for that Crichton to go out, eh? Taking out that Scarran Dreadnought before he died.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I, too, shed a tear or two at the end of "Icarus Abides". Especially the part between Crichton and Crais. Every time I watch that, I can't help but to think of how the relationship between the two have changed since Season 1.

sigpic
                        "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                        Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

amen!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and the John Aeryn scene there at the end was so.....

Comment

Originally posted by McClance
                            I, too, shed a tear or two at the end of "Icarus Abides". Especially the part between Crichton and Crais. Every time I watch that, I can't help but to think of how the relationship between the two have changed since Season 1.

You can sure say that again. It was a real shame
                            Spoiler:
                            Crais went out like he did at the end of Season 3. He went out a real hero, but I would have liked to see where their relationship might have gone in Season 4.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

yeah last episodes of S3 just bring tears to our eyes. So many deaths , so many sacrifices , so many loose ends , so many what ifs ?

Spoiler:
                              and so many break ups. At te end of S4 , the moment Aeyrn rejected John famous coin toss and its effect on both John and Aeyrn ; was one the most powerful dramatic/emotional scenes I have ever seen in a sci-fi production

Comment

Indeed, the end of Season 3 was quite dramatic. A lot went on, to say the least. You know what though, I loved how they started Season 4. Personally, I thought "Crichton Kicks" was one of the funniest Farscape eps I'd ever seen. John had so many great lines in that one, you easily lose count.

One of my favorite quotes from that ep -

John - "A show of force, it's the only thing Klingons understand."

Not to mention, the entire scene where he was
                                Spoiler:
                                playing bait to that bloodhound.
                                Priceless!
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X