Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dosed150
    i just ordered the 1.2 boxset when it comes ill have all of series 1 and 2 and 3 of series 3
    If your DVD player is multiregional, I recommend Region 1 (USA) new Starburst Edition. TONS of completely new stuff (interviews, episode commentaries, cool things from the Archive never released before, etc.) And it's the cheapest edition of all Farscape DVDs

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
      If your DVD player is multiregional, I recommend Region 1 (USA) new Starburst Edition. TONS of completely new stuff (interviews, episode commentaries, cool things from the Archive never released before, etc.) And it's the cheapest edition of all Farscape DVDs
      ill have to look for those in future for series 4 i got the one i just order for £10.95 and most of my others are preowned so even cheaper dunno if the drive in my pc is multi region but i have 2 dvd drives so i cud have one for region 1

Comment

Sad news in Farscape universe, I've just found out at one of Farscape related Yahoo groups that one of season 4 writers (Twice Shy and We're So Screwed: Fetal Attraction), David Peckinpah has died in Vancouver - http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.ph...4-090659-3602r

Comment

Ah man... that's so sad... but we can remember him by loving the show he wrote.

The "Way We Weren't"... right up there with "Family Ties." God I love Farscape...how was his show cancelled?!?!?!
          Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

That is sad news. His surname looked familiar to me, and it turns out that he was the nephew of the famous director Sam Peckinpah, who made hard-edged films like "The Wild Bunch" and "Convoy."
            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
              Sad news in Farscape universe, I've just found out at one of Farscape related Yahoo groups that one of season 4 writers (Twice Shy and We're So Screwed: Fetal Attraction), David Peckinpah has died in Vancouver - http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.ph...4-090659-3602r
              Sad news indeed. Thanks for that update though.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                Ah man... that's so sad... but we can remember him by loving the show he wrote.

The "Way We Weren't"... right up there with "Family Ties." God I love Farscape...how was his show cancelled?!?!?!
                Because the Sci-Fi Channel made a very stupid decision, that's why.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I finally watched all the series and peace keeper wars and all i can say is WOW i loved it sooooooo much, didn't like the end of series 4 and i think if i watched that not knowing that peacekeeper wars would follow i would have died lol.

I wish i'd have watched it when it was on TV tho would have loved to go to a con, but luckily for i'm going to a serenity con in sept and Gigi Edgley will be there

XXX

Comment

Originally posted by St@rbuck
                    I finally watched all the series and peace keeper wars and all i can say is WOW i loved it sooooooo much, didn't like the end of series 4 and i think if i watched that not knowing that peacekeeper wars would follow i would have died lol.

I wish i'd have watched it when it was on TV tho would have loved to go to a con, but luckily for i'm going to a serenity con in sept and Gigi Edgley will be there

XXX
                    Be sure to tell us EVERYTHING!!! And yes, SciFi made a dumb, dumb mistake. Farscape is SciFi crack!
                    Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

I shall

I keep thinking ohh i'l watch some farscape and expecting more to come coz i've litrally watched it all in about 3 weeks now i'm bored lol

I think i shall rewatch and just watch the shippy bits

XXX

Comment

Originally posted by St@rbuck

XXX
                        At least you've watched it now. Better late than never, I always say.

And yeah, the end of Season 4 really p***** me off. How they left us hanging like that at the end. I couldn't believe what I was seeing on the tv. I'll tell you, it was a long wait for The Peacekeeper Wars.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                          Be sure to tell us EVERYTHING!!! And yes, SciFi made a dumb, dumb mistake. Farscape is SciFi crack!
                          Actually both SciFi and Henson Company made dumb mistake. SciFi DID WANT to buy 13 episodes of season 5 (summer of 2002 was the time of SciFi's parent company at that time Vivendi - financial troubles, also Hensons' owner German EM-TV was at the edge of bancruptcy), but Henson wanted all 22 episodes secured. The answer was negative... and I will never forget September 6th 2002 - the day when info about Farscape cancellation spread around the net

Comment

At least we got PeaceKeeper Wars out of all of this. That was one hell of a mini-series. I just hope we see another Farscape project in the works someday. Afterall, there are still stories to tell - like Rygel reclaiming his throne, for example.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I don't want to see that. One Hynerian works great, but I remember this episode with the female Hynerian and it was horrible. After some time watching the show I had forgotten that Rygel was a puppet, but together with her it was the muppet show. And this would look worse with maybe hundreds of them.
                              That's all folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwin
                                I don't want to see that. One Hynerian works great, but I remember this episode with the female Hynerian and it was horrible. After some time watching the show I had forgotten that Rygel was a puppet, but together with her it was the muppet show. And this would look worse with maybe hundreds of them.
                                Well, I loved both Rygel and Pilot from the start and the Muppets connection didn't exist for me at all, even with female Hynerian in Fractures, actually I felt pity for poor Ryg being so terribly betrayed And after PKW visiting Hyneria is definitely one of the options for future Farscape project. Although they can as well go into the past, I'd love to see D'Argo again.

Comment

Working...
                                X