Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Descent View Post
    I thought this year was going to be the last one. Thanks for telling.

That's what most other fans thought, myself included, but Cretin said otherwise. Then we got our programs at the con and it lists next year as the FINAL one.

As to where it's held, in Burbank, CA. Check the Cretin site for more information: http://www.creationent.com
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
      That's what most other fans thought, myself included, but Cretin said otherwise. Then we got our programs at the con and it lists next year as the FINAL one.

As to where it's held, in Burbank, CA. Check the Cretin site for more information: http://www.creationent.com
      You know what's bugging me...? I was out there in Southern Calif last weekend, jetted in to catch some auto races, and when I planned the trip I never gave a thought about the con, could've easily stayed over an extra day and dropped in. D'oh! I feel about as low as BSG's ratings!! On the bright side, it gives me an excuse to go back next year......CB, Gigi, Virginia, I'll see you guys next year, we have a date, right?

Bill K

Comment

Originally posted by Bill K View Post
        You know what's bugging me...? I was out there in Southern Calif last weekend, jetted in to catch some auto races, and when I planned the trip I never gave a thought about the con, could've easily stayed over an extra day and dropped in. D'oh! I feel about as low as BSG's ratings!! On the bright side, it gives me an excuse to go back next year......CB, Gigi, Virginia, I'll see you guys next year, we have a date, right?

Bill K
        Claudia didn't attend this year's con, let's hope she'll be able to do this next year, especially if it's REALLY going to be THE LAST Farscape con. But, as an European, I'd be more than happy if ANY con organizer flied her to England. I haven't been to London for almost 3 years now...
        T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

If it will be the last one next year, hopefully as many actors as possible will try to attend.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I had another FarScape dream last night!

This time, it was kind of a take on "Liars, Guns, and Money" with those Flax pirates and those bloodhounds from "Til the Blood Runs Clear". I think Durka was there too--or maybe it was just...

Spoiler:
            ...his head on Rygel's scepter.

They were sitting around a table playing something like poker (or another such game involving betting). Chiana was smoking a cigarrette, and Christopher Lloyd was cast as D'Argo with his Klingon mustache and goatee from Star Trek III. And D'Argo told John something about Chulak--that Jaffa world in SG1.
            sigpic
            "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
            Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

I got a couple hundred dollars for my birthday so far and I smell some starburst editions in my near future! *skips*

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
              hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
              Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
              OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

My Farscape collection will be complete this Christmas.
                sigpic
                "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  If it will be the last one next year, hopefully as many actors as possible will try to attend.

It will be the last one, period. As to who will be there...it will all depend on ticket sales, especially the Gold tickets. It will also depend on what the actors have going on at that time of the year.

I'd LOVE for all the actors from the show to be there for the last one, but I'm not holding my breath.
                  sigpic
                  I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

The network executives were kind this weekend and put the remastered Star Trek on Saturday night. So, I got to watch "John Quixote" last night.

There was one line in that episode that had me grinning (actually, there were dozens of lines that had me laughing). But, one in particular that's probably nothing more than a coinsidence:

Spoiler:
                    On John's first trip down the elevator, Elevator John notes Real John's sword and asks if he named it "Cameron" (I think it was "Cameron"). Those of you who've followed Ben's character on SG1 will know what I mean.
                    sigpic
                    "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                    Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      On John's first trip down the elevator, Elevator John notes Real John's sword and asks if he named it "Cameron" (I think it was "Cameron"). Those of you who've followed Ben's character on SG1 will know what I mean.
                      Spoiler:
                      Heh, I never thought of that, because its meant to be Cameron Diaz, so it was always that for me.
                      Not anymore I fear.
                      That's all folks.

Comment

I didn't know this thread existed.

I'd like to chime in with my appreciation. This is my favorite show --ever. Three years after cancellation, I'm still obsessed.

My favorite character: Aeryn.

I hear that next year will likely be the last FS Con...if so, I hope CB joins in the festivities.

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post

I'd like to chime in with my appreciation. This is my favorite show --ever. Three years after cancellation, I'm still obsessed.

I hear that next year will likely be the last FS Con...if so, I hope CB joins in the festivities.
                          Welcome esoap524. It's wonderful that you can join the rest of us Farscape Fans

I think Farscape is one of the most creative and original shows out there.
                          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post

Well, I'm glad you found my thread. Welcome, and I hope you frequent it from time to time. We love all the Farscape conversation we can get around here.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Gwin View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              Heh, I never thought of that, because its meant to be Cameron Diaz, so it was always that for me.
                              Not anymore I fear.
                              Spoiler:
                              I didn't know he meant Cameron Diaz from the quote. He says Cameron or Uma so or guess that was supposed to mean Uma Thurman.

I'm watching a little farther along in S4. Couldn't wait till the syndicated eps to come along (Plus they moved it to 3am ) Don't have the DVD's but have taped some of the eps back when SciFi did the marathon and I'm watching the 'We're so Screwed' Trilogy (Don't you just love those titles ). My favorite John line
                              Spoiler:
                              It's beer o'clock. Now where the hell is my riot!

And welcome esoap524!!
                              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                I didn't know he meant Cameron Diaz from the quote. He says Cameron or Uma so or guess that was supposed to mean Uma Thurman.

I'm watching a little farther along in S4. Couldn't wait till the syndicated eps to come along (Plus they moved it to 3am ) Don't have the DVD's but have taped some of the eps back when SciFi did the marathon and I'm watching the 'We're so Screwed' Trilogy (Don't you just love those titles ). My favorite John line
                                Spoiler:
                                It's beer o'clock. Now where the hell is my riot!

And welcome esoap524!!
                                There are so many lines from this show that I love, it's crazy. Farscape was always great for awesome one-liners and jokes.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X