Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
    Scraper? That doesn't sound like much fun!
    Descent meant Scaper of course
    T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
      Urr, yes thats what I meant. Scraper, scaper.
      sigpic
      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Just couldn't pass up an oppertunity like that.....

Comment

Always nice to have more brought into the scaper fold.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
            Always nice to have more brought into the scaper fold.
            Definitely. I'm very happy seeign more and more new Scapers joining TERRA FIRMA almost every day
            T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Definitely. I'm very happy seeign more and more new Scapers joining TERRA FIRMA almost every day
              Cool forum, I'll join once I've seen all of Season 4.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                Cool forum, I'll join once I've seen all of Season 4.
                Yeah, you definitely should. It's a pretty cool place. I'm not there nearly as much as here, but still, it is a great forum.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  Also, it was so sad when they all came to the realization
                  Spoiler:
                  Talyn had to be shut down.
                  That was indeed very sad. Especially when they showed

Spoiler:
                  Moya shaking in distress

I always shed a tear during those moments.
                  sigpic
                  "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                  Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

This is my first post on this thread. I don't know why I've never been here before. I literally fell in love with Farscape, from the minute it started. I was hooked, and I was never disappointed. An episode never ended, without me either laughing or crying or screaming in frustration. Ben Browder was phenomenal as Creichton, he made that character literally come to life, for me. And what I say about Claudia Black? As Aeryn Sun, her power was almost palpable, so completely different from Vala. Virginia Hey, Anthony Simcoe, everyone, was perfect.

When I heard, that SciFi had cancelled the series, in mid-season 4, I refused to watch any more of the episodes, because I didn't want to see it end. I knew there was no way to end the show that would have made sense. It had more stories to tell, more places to visit, Moya wasn't ready to be left alone, with just Pilot.

So, I never did see the last half of season 4, until the week before Sciffy ran the Peace Keeper Wars. They had a marathon and I watched every episode again, from the first, to the last, and when I saw the last scene....well, let's just say, my reaction was not a happy one. And although I thoroughly enjoyed the mini-series, it just wasn't enough.
                    Spoiler:
                    I also had a very hard time dealing with the loss of D'Argo.

Whoa, sorry, didn't mean to babble. I kinda got carried away. Farscape came at a special time in my life and since it ended, my own life changed drastically, so perhaps I subconsciously associate the two. And now I definitely will shut up and go to sleep. I have much work to do, and little time to do it.

Thank you for letting me blather on.
                    Last edited by Lida; 05 September 2006, 10:34 PM.
                    On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Spoiler tags...are your friend.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                        This is my first post on this thread. I don't know why I've never been here before. I literally fell in love with Farscape, from the minute it started. I was hooked, and I was never disappointed. An episode never ended, without me either laughing or crying or screaming in frustration. Ben Browder was phenomenal as Creichton, he made that character literally come to life, for me. And what I say about Claudia Black? As Aeryn Sun, her power was almost palpable, so completely different from Vala. Virginia Hey, Anthony Simcoe, everyone, was perfect.

When I heard, that SciFi had cancelled the series, in mid-season 4, I refused to watch any more of the episodes, because I didn't want to see it end. I knew there was no way to end the show that would have made sense. It had more stories to tell, more places to visit, Moya wasn't ready to be left alone, with just Pilot.

So, I never did see the last half of season 4, until the week before Sciffy ran the Peace Keeper Wars. They had a marathon and I watched every episode again, from the first, to the last, and when I saw the last scene....well, let's just say, my reaction was not a happy one. And although I thoroughly enjoyed the mini-series, it just wasn't enough.
                        Spoiler:
                        I also had a very hard time dealing with the loss of D'Argo.

Whoa, sorry, didn't mean to babble. I kinda got carried away. Farscape came at a special time in my life and since it ended, my own life changed drastically, so perhaps I subconsciously associate the two. And now I definitely will shut up and go to sleep. I have much work to do, and little time to do it.

Thank you for letting me blather on.
                        It wasn't blathering at all. Thanks for posting in here. I hope you'll come back from time to time. All scapers are welcome here. The more the merrier IMO. That's why I started this thread in the first place. For all of us who appreciated this awesome, tragically short-lived show to come together and discuss it.
                        Last edited by the fifth man; 06 September 2006, 10:08 PM.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I am soooooooooooo sorry, I will go put in spoiler tags, post haste!
                          Thank you for the gentle reminder......sorry.

OK, I just went back and re-read what I wrote and I don't really see the need for hardly any spoiler tags. Mostly I was blathering about the characters, not any real plot points. If you disagree, please let me know. I don't wish to spoil the show for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. I guess since it's been off the air for some time now, I just assume people know about it, and what happened, and I guess it's really not a good thing to assume anything, right?
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                            I am soooooooooooo sorry, I will go put in spoiler tags, post haste!
                            Thank you for the gentle reminder......sorry.
                            Its okay, just remember to be more careful next time. Not all of us here have seen all of what Farscape has to offer.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                              Its okay, just remember to be more careful next time. Not all of us here have seen all of what Farscape has to offer.
                              Yeah.....was spoiled on what was in that message long time ago though (wasn't here, somewhere else).

But spoilers are never as good as the real thing anyway.

Welcome Lida!

Comment

I, for one, had never watched Farscape before until a week ago. It has never even aired on Belgian TV.

I did know a little about it, but well not so much since every episode I watch is another pleasant surprise.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X