Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
    Just hopping in to say that I have watched my very first episode of Farscape today. The pilot episode.

I think I'll have to watch more to really get into it, but in the end I'll like it. It's definitely strange.
    Welcome to the Scaper Community!
    Spoiler:

Comment

Frellin' Fabulous! In the end...you'll want more. Like a German Chocolate piece of cake. (DRROOOLLL). Please, encourage all viewers of SG to indulge in a bit of 'Farscape' pie with whip cream, don't forget the cherry on top! I would have liked to have seen..Scorpious dressed in wings or drag. OOOPPPSS! I think I forgot my milk, with my pie!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
        Just hopping in to say that I have watched my very first episode of Farscape today. The pilot episode.

I think I'll have to watch more to really get into it, but in the end I'll like it. It's definitely strange.
        Most people seem to think it's a little strange at first. But that's just part of what's great about it. It isn't your normal old Science Fiction space show. It's something all by itself. Trust me, after watching a few episodes, most people really get into it. Enjoy!!
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
          Most people seem to think it's a little strange at first. But that's just part of what's great about it. It isn't your normal old Science Fiction space show. It's something all by itself. Trust me, after watching a few episodes, most people really get into it. Enjoy!!
          If they allow themselves to get past the puppets, that is. I know a few folks who refused to watch it because of the puppets. Frellnicks if you ask me.
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
            If they allow themselves to get past the puppets, that is. I know a few folks who refused to watch it because of the puppets. Frellnicks if you ask me.
            I agree with you there. After not too long at all, I totally forgot I was watching puppets. They were just so full of life as characters, it was easy for me to accept them.

People who decide not to watch for that reason alone don't know what a great ride they're missing out on.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
              I like the puppets. When I first started watching I was like 12 or 13 and I didn't even realise Pilot was a puppet. I knew Rigel was, but not Pilot. I just didn't realise. I love Pilot.

I'm rewatching the episodes, and I just saw...DNA Mad Scientist again and I almost cried when
              Spoiler:
              Zhaan and D'Argo cut off Pilots arm.
              He's just so animated, and very much a 'real' character that you actually feel for him. Rigel's kinda the same, he's just so annoying and you totally feel that about him.

I love the puppets.
              sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
              "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
              My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                I agree with you there. After not too long at all, I totally forgot I was watching puppets. They were just so full of life as characters, it was easy for me to accept them.
                I feel the same way, Pilot and Rygel really are their own characters, not just puppets. When I see someone interacting with them, the word 'puppet' doesn't even come to my mind.
                sigpic
                "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                  I feel the same way, Pilot and Rygel really are their own characters, not just puppets. When I see someone interacting with them, the word 'puppet' doesn't even come to my mind.
                  Exactly! And that's a hard thing for a show to pull off IMO. But Farscape was able to do it brilliantly.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I always forget that they are puppets! Especially Rygel, with the range of facial expression that guy shows. The Jim Hensen shop certainly doesn't hold anything back!

On another note, there's a very nice piece of music that plays at the end of "They've Got a Secret" and is again repeated at the end of "A Human Reaction" when Crichton is heading back through the doorway, if anyone knows what I'm talking about, do you know where I might aquire it? I'm absolutly in love with it.

Comment

No idea unfortunately. I'm still wondering what the music track was that was constantly played in "Family Ties" (like in the Chiana and John scene). The very nice low key one.
                      sigpic
                      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Just saw this posted at the TWoP forums, if anyone here is interested:

Just a heads up, ADV is holding a Labor Day Sale from today until September 5th. The Farscape Starburst Editions are $13.00 US for Seasons 1 through 3 ($36.00 US per season), and $20.00 US per edition for Season 4 (not all of which has been released yet).
                        You can also buy Season 4 (vol. 10, 11, 12) Starburst Editions at Deep Discount DVD for around $16.60.

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

Puppet? What the frell is a puppet? Space is Vast, and there are NO room for Puppets. Only alien life-forms, that can manuver without strings or people up and under them. The trivial-minded, cannot open their imaginative pandoras' box. That suppresses their current way of close minded thinking. Enableing themselves to experience the 'FULL RIDE' of the adventure. They need a Nebary mind cleanse...to help with the blocking of fun. Some one get me the 'Eye Needle', and let's strap 'em in. But, seriously.....At first glance, one (if allowed) would think of the characters as non-living. ***Did anyone ever hear about 'Farscape' being based on the 'Novels' about Micheal Crichton? That's what I've heard...when 'Farscape' was still being made.

Comment

I don't mind the puppets. It's actually quite funny to see puppets as aliens in a modern day show. I mean with all the great make-up techniques and CGI we have these days, they still do it old school and I kinda like that.

I think Rygel is extremely funny. He reminds me of one of characters in the Halo-games. And he farts helium .
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

And you can never go wrong with farting helium.

Comment

LOL!! Yeah...& Pee FIRE in some instances. Now that's what I call a Really bad case of ants in the pants! Or just a urinary infection, Aeryn gets to play Dr. in that same ep. Maybe, rygels' floating ability has somthing to do w/ the whole 'helium' thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X