Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
    I'll stick around.....Can't resist.....I swore I wouldn't visit the Pro Ten thread once the season started and I'm still there.....

Anyway, watched Thank God It's Friday... Again for the second time, love that part where Rygel is frozen and Aeryn breaks off his whisker.

Actually, Aeryn playing scientist was just plain fun.
    I'm glad you'll stick around. The more the merrier.

"Thank God It's Friday Again" is a great episode. Just wait until you see the rest of Season 1 and start Season 2. Things just get better and better on the show.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Oh yeah Season 2s great, especially when...
      Spoiler:
      Stark finally joins them, gotta love Stark.

And might I add that the S2 finale "Die Me, Dichotomy" is a stroke of genius. One of the few times my eyes have gotten glassy while watching a TV show.
      sigpic
      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

nah leave it dead. PK Wars ended it nicely
        A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
          nah leave it dead. PK Wars ended it nicely
          I'll admit, PK Wars was a nice way to wrap things up if it was the end. But a lot of us feel that there are still good Farscape stories left to tell. As long as the same creative minds came back to work on it, and they got the cast to return, the quality of what we've seen in the past would be maintained. So why not tell more stories?
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I just don't see how the PK Wars could possibly be a resolution to Farscape.

Spoiler:
            Why wouldn't the galaxy slip back into war a week after the PK Wars? The Scarrans are still pissed at the PK's and Crichton, and they still outnumber the PK's 10 to 1. Crichton no longer has the wormhole knowledge. There's only one Eidelon with mediation powers. We don't even know if the other Eidelons can develop those powers or if they'll use those powers for peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
              I just don't see how the PK Wars could possibly be a resolution to Farscape.

Spoiler:
              Why wouldn't the galaxy slip back into war a week after the PK Wars? The Scarrans are still pissed at the PK's and Crichton, and they still outnumber the PK's 10 to 1. Crichton no longer has the wormhole knowledge. There's only one Eidelon with mediation powers. We don't even know if the other Eidelons can develop those powers or if they'll use those powers for peace.
              I agree there. Besides that though, there are other races out there that could still cause problems in the Farscape Universe. What about the Nebari? Remember, it
              Spoiler:
              was stated they had a plan for unleashing some contagion on the galaxy.
              Personally, I'd like to see what that was all about. PK Wars was great IMO, I'm just saying there could be more. And a lot of us would love that.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Anyway, watched Thank God It's Friday... Again for the second time, love that part where Rygel is frozen and Aeryn breaks off his whisker.

Actually, Aeryn playing scientist was just plain fun.
                Serendipity! I'm rewatching all my Farscape DVDs from the beginning again, and I just rewatched that episode yesterday. That episode is so cool because Aeryn is just beginning to see how she "can be more." It's one of my favorites for that reason.

If you want to enhance the fun of rewatching these episodes, there are also fun and snarky recaps of the episodes at TWoP for S1 and S2. I'm enjoying reading their recaps and then rewatching the episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAscended
                  Serendipity! I'm rewatching all my Farscape DVDs from the beginning again, and I just rewatched that episode yesterday. That episode is so cool because Aeryn is just beginning to see how she "can be more." It's one of my favorites for that reason.

If you want to enhance the fun of rewatching these episodes, there are also fun and snarky recaps of the episodes at TWoP for S1 and S2. I'm enjoying reading their recaps and then rewatching the episodes.
                  I've started rewatching Farscape again too. I'm just about ready to start Season 3 again. While I've seen all these episodes countless times already, they are still always enjoyable to watch. Just proves what a great show Farscape really was IMO. It never gets old.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

TWoP?

Comment

I'm watching "They've Got a Secret" for the third time now. Gotta love DRD superglue.

Comment

TWoP?
                        Television Without Pity (TWoP) is a fairly high profile entertainment-related website that is currently recapping all four seasons (and the mini-series too, I think) of Farscape. Scapers won over the TWoP administrators by winning several of TWoP's charity auctions.

The recaps are snarky and insightful and really worth a read if you like the show. My favourite recap so far being for A Human Reaction by Jacob.

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

Originally posted by Jades
                          Television Without Pity (TWoP) is a fairly high profile entertainment-related website that is currently recapping all four seasons (and the mini-series too, I think) of Farscape. Scapers won over the TWoP administrators by winning several of TWoP's charity auctions.

The recaps are snarky and insightful and really worth a read if you like the show. My favourite recap so far being for A Human Reaction by Jacob.
                          I'll check it out!

Comment

Reading the "A Human Reaction" one, I have to absolutly agree what the reviewer says about the rain scene outside the house. I think it will definitly remain one of the best moments of the series.

Comment

Just hopping in to say that I have watched my very first episode of Farscape today. The pilot episode.

I think I'll have to watch more to really get into it, but in the end I'll like it. It's definitely strange.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                                It's definitely strange.
                                Correct there.

Comment

Working...
                                X