No announcement yet.

Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is imperative to the fandome of sci-fi t.v. for the renewing or restoring of this & other intellectually inclined series. Keep 'em comin' Rockne & Sci-fi channel! Smart men, make Smarter moves. It's never too late for a GREAT move. As we are undergoing changes, (on our shows) we can embark on changing certatin habits, to fit the needs for our sci-fi desires. Challenges that we face can sharpen us. But, the result of our capabilities & efforts will abandon our own wants. If decision making from other resources leads us astray. Finding our own limits & capabilities, create smarter choices with less wasted thinking. Benefiting, everyone who stems from the accomplishments that we persue, endevour & dare to overcome as well as acheive. Quoted by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Psi-fi/Steph
      It is imperative to the fandome of sci-fi t.v. for the renewing or restoring of this & other intellectually inclined series. Keep 'em comin' Rockne & Sci-fi channel! Smart men, make Smarter moves. It's never too late for a GREAT move. As we are undergoing changes, (on our shows) we can embark on changing certatin habits, to fit the needs for our sci-fi desires. Challenges that we face can sharpen us. But, the result of our capabilities & efforts will abandon our own wants. If decision making from other resources leads us astray. Finding our own limits & capabilities, create smarter choices with less wasted thinking. Benefiting, everyone who stems from the accomplishments that we persue, endevour & dare to overcome as well as acheive. Quoted by ME.
      Great post, I must say. You really put a lot of thought into it. I do agree, we need more quality Science Fiction shows along the lines of Farscape. Sadly though, with the moves Sci-Fi Channel has been making lately, we may need another station to start airing them. Sci-Fi, IMO, is heading down a very dark road. One that many Science Fiction fans may not want to head down (what's with all the wrestling??). I fear for any good show that appears on that channel in the future.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

You know something I was thinking of the other day? I would have loved, if the show had gone on longer, if we'd seen an episode dealing with Pilot when he wasn't joined with Moya yet. Yes, I know we saw him on his homeworld in Season 2's "The Way We Weren't" briefly, but I would have liked an ep dealing with him in his past. Just a thought.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

i went to best buy and couldnt find any episodes on DVD.

i recorded an episode on my "magic box", and let me just say.....its weird.

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Gambit

That was my initial reaction.....I especially HATED the theme music, but now I LOVE it.....it's a show where you need to see several episodes to really get it.....personally I'm addicted now.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
              That's unfortunately true. Still, I think we still could get another mini-series someday. Stranger things have happened.
              *waves* hi!

Stranger things... Including Serenity...

Well, I watched the first 2 season of Farscape when they were on. Then I don't think it was ever on after that. Today, however, I hired the first season . So guess what I'm watching :cam: I love the theme msic. Even the music reminds me how much I liked it!
              sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
              "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
              My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                That was my initial reaction.....I especially HATED the theme music, but now I LOVE it.....it's a show where you need to see several episodes to really get it.....personally I'm addicted now.
                Welcome to the madness! How many episodes have you seen so far?
                T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
                  Welcome to the madness! How many episodes have you seen so far?
                  I've seen eighteen episodes (sixteen from season one, two from season two)- some of them twice.
                  I'd have to say my favourites so far are "Back and Back and Back to the Future", "They've Got a Secret", "The Flax", and "A Human Reaction". I love that music that they played at the end of "A Human Reaction", so pretty.

Comment

Welcome to 'Scaperverse'! Prepare yourself for thrills and spills...pain and gain....action and attraction! This sought-after Australian blend of comedy/sci-fi/drama/action, ingages the 'utmost itellect' with it's flavorful mix of Great CGI, Spectacular costumes and Superp stroylines. Adrift....Crichton searches for his way home...in 'Technicolor'. Along the way...somoning emotions, that bring him to the brink of insanity will he go wayword? Plagued by the half cebation /half scaren hybrid knawing through his swiss cheese brain, (Scorpious). Tortured, spent, and always on the edge of a nervous breakdown. John hides, scavenges, stoops to new lows, and brings to life an ecstasy of radiant humanesk sensuality, mental acutacy and heartfelt level-headedness to the 'Uncharted Territories'. Bringing a 'Peace' to the 'Caos'.The Microbes have translated... Welcome New Fellow Farscaper. And Kalenal!
                    Last edited by Psi-fi/Steph; 29 August 2006, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Gambit

Initially, that's the reaction a lot of people have. Watch a few more at least. Trust me, Farscape has a way of realing growing on you. It was a very different type of Science Fiction show. Very original IMO on how it was done. That's part of what I loved so much about it.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I've seen eighteen episodes (sixteen from season one, two from season two)- some of them twice.
                        I'd have to say my favourites so far are "Back and Back and Back to the Future", "They've Got a Secret", "The Flax", and "A Human Reaction". I love that music that they played at the end of "A Human Reaction", so pretty.
                        Ah, "The Flax" was my personal favorite from Season One (aside from Family Ties). Maybe it was the whole Aeryn/John/Death factor in all of it, I dunno.

Trust me, once you watch "Family Ties", you'll wonder why in the frelling world this show got cancelled.
                        sigpic
                        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                          Ah, "The Flax" was my personal favorite from Season One (aside from Family Ties). Maybe it was the whole Aeryn/John/Death factor in all of it, I dunno.

Trust me, once you watch "Family Ties", you'll wonder why in the frelling world this show got cancelled.
                          Ooh, can't wait! I'll probably get a hold of that last disc in a couple weeks.

I'm thinking of spamming my library to get seasons three and four.

Comment

Ooh, can't wait! I'll probably get a hold of that last disc in a couple weeks.

I'm thinking of spamming my library to get seasons three and four.
                            Spam your library to get Starburst Edition (btw, are you watching season 1 & 2 Starburst Edition or the first release?). The additional extras, especially episode commentaries are just frelling brilliant.
                            T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
                              Spam your library to get Starburst Edition (btw, are you watching season 1 & 2 Starburst Edition or the first release?). The additional extras, especially episode commentaries are just frelling brilliant.
                              Nope, not the Starburst edition (actually, I think they might have two different editions of the eps.....but it doesn't say whether they're Starburst of not, might try requesting the other one to see)- hopefully one day I'll get my hands on those.

The other sets seem to have only two eps each- are these the Starbursts, or could it just be a larger set in which all of the individual discs were split up? There's not much info- they haven't been processed into the system yet.

Comment

I enjoy watching (1st seasons'):1) "Throne for a loss" 2) "Rhapsody in Blue" 3) "Thank God it's Friday...Again."4)"The Flax" 5) "Jeremiah Crichton" 6)" Human Reaction" 7) "Through the looking glass" 8)"A Bug's Life"9) "The Nerve" 10)" Hidden Memory" 11) "Bone to be wild"

*********Pilot, as well as the other characters could have done with their own episodes. Unwinding each history of their origins as well as, species and personal interests (Planetary, family, derivinations etc.).

>>>>>>>>>>>Hey what ever happened to those 'Save Farscape Guys' anyway? Someone send out the Beckon!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
                                Last edited by Psi-fi/Steph; 30 August 2006, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X