No announcement yet.

Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woo-hoo! I just finished season 1! Now I need to make money to buy season 2. But I'm getting there, slowly but surely.

I have to say that when Scorpius came on the scene, my appreciation for Ben Browder's acting went to a new level. Nerve and The Hidden Memory were awesome episodes. I liked John well enough earlier in the season, but he was very intense and interesting to me the last few episodes of season 1. From what I hear, he gets darker, but I'm just going to have to wait and see . . .
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RoryJ
      Woo-hoo! I just finished season 1! Now I need to make money to buy season 2. But I'm getting there, slowly but surely.

I have to say that when Scorpius came on the scene, my appreciation for Ben Browder's acting went to a new level. Nerve and The Hidden Memory were awesome episodes. I liked John well enough earlier in the season, but he was very intense and interesting to me the last few episodes of season 1. From what I hear, he gets darker, but I'm just going to have to wait and see . . .
      Oh yeah, Season 2 and 3 are a lot darker. The Season 2 finale still gets me everytime.
      sigpic
      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by McClance
        I miss Pilot, too. And Rygel. And John. And Aeryn. And D'Argo. And Chiana.

And, let us not forget Moya. She had her own great part in making this series what it is.

PKW came in the mail today and I watched it. It was brilliant! Though, I exactly count it as a trade-off for another season--or several--it is a more honorable ending to the series and saves the audience from an indefinite cliffhanger after Season 4. And, it also provides a sparkle of hope for the future.

I now agree more than ever, too, that a trip to Hyneria is indeed a logical course.

I agree. PKWs does provide hope for the future of this show in one form or another.

Glad you feel as I do about the Hyneria storyline. I'd love to see Rygel reclaim his throne.

Another good future plot could involve the whole Nebari plot thing. You know, what they were planning to infect people with?
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by RoryJ

Awww well CONGRATS!!! yes the show gets tremendously darker...can't wait to see what you think...I LOVE how Wayne had this presence when he stepped in and did this all most snarl...makes me shiver EVERY SINGLE TIME....if I was Ben I'd been running for the hills, or that the prowler with my hands up over my head screaming bloody freaking murder!

Right now I'm now waiting for my copy of the starburst (sigh)

Comment

LOL! Yeah! Just like Bruce Dickenson (Maiden) "Ruunnttootheeehillls......duntdununu...duntdununu.....run for your lii-iife....duntdununu.....duntdununu..dunnn! Okay...Harvey is a creep, he reminds me of what I might find under a big rock, in a smelly swamp. Boy, I'm glaaad that I'm not his dentist either~!

Comment

Originally posted by Psi-fi/Steph
              LOL! Yeah! Just like Bruce Dickenson (Maiden) "Ruunnttootheeehillls......duntdununu...duntdununu.....run for your lii-iife....duntdununu.....duntdununu..dunnn! Okay...Harvey is a creep, he reminds me of what I might find under a big rock, in a smelly swamp. Boy, I'm glaaad that I'm not his dentist either~!
              That's what happens after years of neglecting your teeth.

Personally, I always loved the interactions between John and Harvey. It was always fun to watch the transformation of their relationship.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Yeah...I like the episode where they are dressed as 'Easter Bunnies' also the crash test dummy. I need to get the other box sets, $ is tight though. Which (Crichton/Harvey) episodes do you like?

Comment

Yeah...I like the episode where they are dressed as 'Easter Bunnies' also the crash test dummy. I need to get the other box sets, $ is tight though. Which (Crichton/Harvey) episodes do you like?
                  The bunny costumes were great. I also like the one where Harvey tells John, "I'll get back in the dumpster now." Or, when Harvey is smoking a cigarette, and John knocks it out of his hand and says, "Hey, no smoking in my head!"

Great stuff.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I always love the stuff they come up with for John/Harvey interactions!

Easter bunnies, crash dummies, the dumpster, roller coaster, the police station interrogation...

There was also that 2001 re-creation that they did very nicely.

sigpic
                    "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                    Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by McClance
                      I always love the stuff they come up with for John/Harvey interactions!

Easter bunnies, crash dummies, the dumpster, roller coaster, the police station interrogation...

There was also that 2001 re-creation that they did very nicely.

Without a doubt. Those scenes with the two of them always brought a smile to my face.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                        Without a doubt. Those scenes with the two of them always brought a smile to my face.
                        I loved some of Chritons one liners

(this may not be exact...sorry)

"this cowboy's comin' home...lock up the women and hide the fried chicken!"

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
                        hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
                        Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                        OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

Which (Crichton/Harvey) episodes do you like?
                          Wow, talk about a tough question there! That's like asking me what's my favorite shippy moment between John and Aeryn

I have to say, Crackers Don't Matter. That was...Just incase somebody still has yet to watch it

Spoiler:
                          The reason I picked that,..was that was the true indication that John was not all right in his head yet though it was very obvious he was fighting madness, Harvey first appears. I mean COME ON it's the Hawaiian shirt!"

Come on John Do it, then we can go to the beach. I know a place with naked sebacean girls and margarita shooters!

Shut up Scorpy, your not real!

I also loved D'argo and John, man those two by the end of it were squatting at each other like an old married couple, like just watched Lava's a Many Splendored Thing, and they are fighting about how to work the gun lol just love it!

Comment

lol, "Crackers Don't Matter" was definately my favorite episode that Season.
                            Spoiler:

John: "HUMANS ARE SUPERIOR!!!"
                            sigpic
                            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Yay! My copy of Starburst Edition 4.2 has arrived today! I just love listening to the episode commentaries. The one for Kansas on this volume by Claudia, Ben and David Kemper is really great.
                              T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
                                Yay! My copy of Starburst Edition 4.2 has arrived today! I just love listening to the episode commentaries. The one for Kansas on this volume by Claudia, Ben and David Kemper is really great.
                                I wanna have the Starburst Editions! Can't buy them!!
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X