No announcement yet.

Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone here picked up Starburst 4.2 yet? If so what do you think of the special features disc? Alas I dont' have DVD spending money right now... damn silly things like... science text books i have to buy for the fall

Comment

Frell... Now that I finished FarScape, I'm going to start feeling the effects of having no more new episodes in the immediate future.

It's interesting, too... For the first two nights following my first viewing of "Bad Timing", I've had FarScape dreams.

In the first, I saw Pilot's eye transparent against space, and Moya with another Leviathan (exactly like Moya, except much smaller--like Talyn when he's first born), which was waving one of her "flippers" at the larger Moya like a dolphin (on watching the second episode, "I, E.T.", I made the observation that Moya looked like a whale).

I forgot what the second dream was about. All I remember is that Pilot was in it.
      sigpic
      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
        Has anyone here picked up Starburst 4.2 yet? If so what do you think of the special features disc? Alas I dont' have DVD spending money right now... damn silly things like... science text books i have to buy for the fall
        What the difference between the Starburst and the box set?

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato
          What the difference between the Starburst and the box set?
          Starburst, as I understand, has more episodes per disk, more special features, and they're less expensive.
          sigpic
          "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:

Comment

Originally posted by McClance
            Starburst, as I understand, has more episodes per disk, more special features, and they're less expensive.
            Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe
              Exactly.
              Would Starbust contains more extras that the box set with all the all the episodes of a season? thx.

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by McClance
                They are a third of a season per volume (1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2.1, 2.2, ect), four discs with two or three episodes per disc on the first three discs in each volume and the fourth disc is all special features. My undersatnding is that they have more commentary tracks on them (you can tell some of them were recorded concurrent with the seasons and some were done well after the fact) and they run about $20 each volume in the states. 4.2 was released tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato
                  Would Starbust contains more extras that the box set with all the all the episodes of a season? thx.
                  The Starburst editions do contain more extras than the box sets with all the episodes and they are less expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe
                    The Starburst editions do contain more extras than the box sets with all the episodes and they are less expensive.
                    Damn me and my having to buy school books but my Historical Geology text book was higher on my priority list this week than the next volume so I was hoping someone here had gotten it.

I watch most of my TV these days on DVD and went through the first three and a third seasons in a five day period all compressed. It's taking all my willpower not to go out and buy the next one. Because I decided to get into the series in the last two months it seemed to me that the Starburst editions were a better deal than the season sets.

Comment

I'm curious. Does StarBurst 4.1 still have the bloopers that are on the standard set 4.1 disk?

I was going to go for buying the StarBurst sets, but I really wanted those bloopers.
                      sigpic

My Books:

Comment

No, they do not have them but they have the on youtube (sigh) I looooove the bloopers and it drives me insane there not on the Starburst collection.

So I thought Best Buy would have the next one 4.2 but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo because they had the other one why dare have the other one. So today I Finally bought it from Amazon (sigh) take till Monday to get it I even paid 3 dollars extra to get it for me in 2 days hahah I guess if I have yet to seen the other episodes then I can be patient about these a little more

Comment

All I can say is thank god for the Starburst Editions. The regular season sets were just way too expensive in the past.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The only bloopers I've seen so far in the Starburst editions is a ten minute reel on one of the season 2 volumes which has bloopers from season 1 and season 2. That is unless there are easter eggs on these things. I only found one easter egg and that's the second Dog with Two Bones commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                              The only bloopers I've seen so far in the Starburst editions is a ten minute reel on one of the season 2 volumes which has bloopers from season 1 and season 2. That is unless there are easter eggs on these things. I only found one easter egg and that's the second Dog with Two Bones commentary.
                              well I'll be damn, I never saw the bloopers on the second season do not ask me how I missed seeing those I must of just been to focused watching the episodes hahah I feel like a complete idiot now! P.S. your banner is just awsome hahah I miss my muppets!

the fifth man most DEFINITELY thank god for the Farscape Starburst collection! I'd be lost if I'd have to buy the actual set in one blow

Comment

I think they should include the complete bloopers thing (seasons 1 - 3, as there're no bloopers from season 4 as far as I know) in 4.3.
                                T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Working...
                                X