No announcement yet.

Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting to the end of both Stargate and Sanctuary so was looking for the next series to watch. Just watched S1 Ep1 of Farscape on IMDB, I'll have to give it another couple episodes, as much as I love anything to do with Henson, the puppets might be distracting for me. Anyone else feel the same way at first?

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
      I'm getting to the end of both Stargate and Sanctuary so was looking for the next series to watch. Just watched S1 Ep1 of Farscape on IMDB, I'll have to give it another couple episodes, as much as I love anything to do with Henson, the puppets might be distracting for me. Anyone else feel the same way at first?
      They grew on me very quickly. After a little while, at least for me, watching them on-screen was like watching any other actor-portrayed character. In the end, Rygel went down as one of my favorite characters on the show.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm pretty anti-puppet in general, but I got past that pretty fast on this show. There was so much else to love that it wasn't an issue.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          If given the chance, which 1 Farscape character would you like to have gone on an adventure/mission with?
          Harvey. DEFINITELY Harvey.
          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            If given the chance, which 1 Farscape character would you like to have gone on an adventure/mission with?
            Moya--and Pilot, since you can't really have one without the other.
            sigpic
            "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
            Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

The puppets were never a problem for me. In fact, from the start one of my favorite characters (Pilot) was a puppet.
              sigpic
              "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
              Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

I never even think of Pilot as a puppet. Maybe the clamshell gives him more of a CGI feel?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                  Moya--and Pilot, since you can't really have one without the other.
                  Ditto! Or Aeryn I suppose cause she bad a$$!
                  sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                  Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                  GateCon Vancouver 2011
                  Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

I'll admit I'm really liking it so far, just got a free trial of hulu so I can watch all of season 1 . Of course it's taking some getting used to seeing Mitchell and Vala together on something other than SG1.

Comment

I'll admit I'm really liking it so far, just got a free trial of hulu so I can watch all of season 1 . Of course it's taking some getting used to seeing Mitchell and Vala together on something other than SG1.
                      lol you like me saw SG-1 before Farscape you will really love Ben Browder & Claudia Black for their amazing acting talents BB really shines in FS and they did not give him enough to do on SG-1 in my opinion and after watching SG-1 then watching Farscape I am so a CB fan girl because she created some awesome characters that are so different from one another Vala, Qetesh & Aeryn I really hope she gets another series that is successful so I can see her again.
                      sigpic
                      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I am almost to the Princess Trilogy.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
                          I am almost to the Princess Trilogy.
                          A very good, strong set of episodes.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Just finished season 1 on Hulu.....must now wait for the DVD's I had to order....

Comment

Just finished season 1 on Hulu.....must now wait for the DVD's I had to order....
                              I hope you get them soon.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Just watched the episode that shows Aryn's past on Moya as a Peacekeeper......poor Pilot!!

Comment

Working...
                                X