No announcement yet.

Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She had a lot of makeup on and some of that had to absorb through the skin. I know for me iron which is used in reds and purples makes the skin on my eyelids flake off and become red and irritated.
    sigpic

Comment

It is still such a shame we had to lose such a great character like Zhaan. Even though her death had a lot of meaning, and was really well done.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Loss can be terribly real sometimes... Jonathan Hardy, the man who gave life to our beloved Dominar Rygel XVI, has passed away...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Geryalex View Post
          Loss can be terribly real sometimes... Jonathan Hardy, the man who gave life to our beloved Dominar Rygel XVI, has passed away...
          That is very sad. May he rest in peace. My prayers go out to his entire family.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

RIP John Hardy you were awesome
            sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                RIP John Hardy you were awesome
                Yes he was. He really brought the character of Rygel to life.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  Virginia is the only one I have really heard of. Maybe because her reaction to the makeup was so severe.
                  Melissa Jaffer (Noranti) also had problems with make-up, I understand. That's why she didn't have much to do in The Peacekeeper Wars.

==============

Sorry to hear about Jonathan Hardy. Yotz (I had to say it), and only 71. The first of the regulars to go, as far as I know.
                  Last edited by McClance; 05 August 2012, 11:43 PM.
                  sigpic
                  "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                  Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                    Melissa Jaffer (Noranti) also had problems with make-up, I understand. That's why she didn't have much to do in The Peacekeeper Wars.

==============

Sorry to hear about Jonathan Hardy. Yotz (I had to say it), and only 71. The first of the regulars to go, as far as I know.
                    Really? I had never heard that.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Geryalex View Post
                      RIP Dominar Rygel XVI, ruler of over six billion subjects and beloved sovereign.
                      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Farscape didn't win the Saturn Award for Best Television Series Release. That went to Spartacus: Gods of the Arena.

RIP Jonathan Hardy. Rygel was my third favorite Farscape character.

Farscape is on a poll for the ultimate Sci-fi series. Others on the poll include TNG, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise, SG-1 and SGA just to name a few.

Here's the link:
                        http://www.scifiheaven.net/2012/07/w...v-series-ever/

It was hard choice, and I really wanted to vote for Farscape, but I had to go with another of my favorites DS9.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                          Farscape didn't win the Saturn Award for Best Television Series Release. That went to Spartacus: Gods of the Arena.

RIP Jonathan Hardy. Rygel was my third favorite Farscape character.

Farscape is on a poll for the ultimate Sci-fi series. Others on the poll include TNG, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise, SG-1 and SGA just to name a few.

Here's the link:
                          http://www.scifiheaven.net/2012/07/w...v-series-ever/

It was hard choice, and I really wanted to vote for Farscape, but I had to go with another of my favorites DS9.
                          SGU's not on the list?????
                          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

For me, it will always be a toss-up between Farscape and Stargate SG-1. Both shows will always be near and dear to me.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              For me, it will always be a toss-up between Farscape and Stargate SG-1. Both shows will always be near and dear to me.

Comment

Both shows are fantastic, I tend to lean towards more of Farscape because of how complex and well written the characters are and how easily I can identify myself to their shortcummings. For example - Rygel's food addiction - well I had a weight problem for a few years ago and I would stuff anything into mouth as I was depressed about my situation back then, with John I was often niave about certain things and argued to the point things had to be my way or the high way without accepting of the conesquences. Stuff like that.

I never got that with SG-1 don't find the characters relatable at all but I really like them all, as they each bring their own personality and skill to SG-1.

Both shows are fantastic, but to get me to vote - I'd be voting for Farscape hands down each time!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X