No announcement yet.

Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen the eps too many times on DVD to remember what they cut out on the tv version, but if I remember correctly there was 2-4 min of each ep on the dvd that wasn't on the original tv run and even more cut from syndication.
    sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Realy? I didn't know they had cut anything for TV but it does make sense because there is more commercial time in an hour show then there used to be 10 years ago.

I assume the streaming on NETFLIX is exactly what is on the DVDs.

Comment

Yeah, commercials may be vital, but they still suck.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I may one day, since I have the series on tape from the time of the SYFY reruns, watch We're So Screwed Part 1 off the tape and then off the DVD just to see if that was the only scene taken out.

Now for what I came to post. I just happened to look up the Saturn Awards to see if they were still around and it turned out Farscape is nominated for one in the category of Best Television Series Release. If they get it that would be Saturn Award number 8 for the series since Ben Browder won 2, Claudia Black one won and Farscape overall won 4 (3 for the series and 1 for the miniseries).

Link to nominations (Best Television Series Release is last on the list):
          http://www.saturnawards.org/nominations.html

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

That's great Hope they win! Much deserved so!
            sigpic

Comment

Yep, I've kept my fingers crossed for several months now... less than a month to go and I do hope they win the DVD release award. Dave Elsey has been nominated too (Best Make-Up).
              sigpic

Comment

I think I need to grab the US release of the complete series eventually, was not impressed that the Australian release of Season 1 of Farscape only had 8 audio commentaries instead of the 13 or 14 that the US has got.

I don't get why distributors do this! They completly frelled up the original Sanctuary Season One release in Australia, so they eventually re-released it a special edition about two years later.
                sigpic

Comment

That is great that Farscape could win yet another Saturn Award. Goes to show that it is still a relevant show even so many years after going off the air.

I don't ever see anything replacing this show as my all-time favorite.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

You know , with season 3 and 4 already on it's away to my house,I think Farscape in itself just beats every other sci-fi show that I have ever liked and watched. It just sat very well and the episodes are so far unique and cleverly devised. And you can't have a show without someone trying to sell you out (Rigel!)

I look forward to seeing season 3, but I am not looking forward to the loss of Zhann (all though that was beyond the creators control) as I love her. Fell in love with Zhann from the first episode. In a way I was sort of hoping her and Rigel would get together... lol Why not, everyone else did on Moira! lol
                    sigpic

Comment

It was sad they lost Zhaan, but her send off is very well written. One of my favorite eps of Farscape. Hope you continue to enjoy. S3 is my favorite season.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

The death of Zhaan was one of the saddest things I have ever seen on TV
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          The death of Zhaan was one of the saddest things I have ever seen on TV
                          You have to admit though, it was beautifully done.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I think her character was brilliant, but I must prepare myself her death. I hope it didn't go in vain though.

I think most shows can do death very tastefully provided that it's done to acknowledge the depth of the character. I could not imagine a more beautiful funeral for Aeryn at the end of season two after her death.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              You have to admit though, it was beautifully done.
                              If it wasn't beautifully done it would not have been sad. It would have been cringeworthy
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

I just watched her final two episodes tonight. Infact I watched the whole 4 eps off disc 1 and gotta say it was beautifully done. Definetly tense and dramatic and sad too. It wasn't overkill though. I really liked the fact that Aeryn was with Stark after keeping an eye on him.

I felt it was a fitting close for Zhann. Although she is definetly my favourite, I felt this was her destiny. She had grown alot in the 2 1/2 years we saw and I think her purpose was served well to guide John and the others. Specifically John in season one, which was great to see.

Jool - annoying - Is she "the replacement" for Zhann? I'll be interesting to see how she's interact with the characters for rest of the season, so I'm going to give her a chance. I am not sure if she's in it for the full season. Played by Tammy Macintosh (Australian actress) is a bonus for me!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X