Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    To me Scorpious stopped being the villian after S3.
    Why is that?
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yeah, I never really understood why they softened the portrayal of Scorpius. He was one of the best baddies out there and all of a sudden he wasn't so bad. Whaaat?
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I think I heard on one of the commentaries that it was one way of keeping him on the show?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
          Yeah, I never really understood why they softened the portrayal of Scorpius. He was one of the best baddies out there and all of a sudden he wasn't so bad. Whaaat?
          Overall, I still think he was a bada**. Even softened a little, he was still harder than almost any other TV show bad guy. On Farscape, they just decided to make him a well fleshed out character. We got to understand what motivated him to do the things he did.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            Overall, I still think he was a bada**. Even softened a little, he was still harder than almost any other TV show bad guy. On Farscape, they just decided to make him a well fleshed out character. We got to understand what motivated him to do the things he did.
            But Scorpious didn't really feel like a bad guy. He felt simliar to Crais from S2. He was gray ground of neither friend nor foe.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

But Scorpious didn't really feel like a bad guy. He felt simliar to Crais from S2. He was gray ground of neither friend nor foe.
              Try telling that to the crew of Moya, John especially.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Try telling that to the crew of Moya, John especially.
                Thier fellings about Scorpious doesn't negate his actions
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Thier fellings about Scorpious doesn't negate his actions
                  He put a lot of them through hell for a very long time though.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

He put a lot of them through hell for a very long time though.
                    The same could be said of Crais who became a friend by the end
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Finally watched Peacekeeper Wars! Wow! It was quite....movielike. Can't say enough good things about PKW or the whole series for that matter!

More Luxans! Yes! I think the Luxans are wicked cool. Wasn't too big on Chiana's new eyes. But she is still awesome! I liked seeing more of Emperor Staleek and the Scarrans. Staleek is quite awesome. Neat seeing Einstein again too. The Wormhole Weapon! That was one amazing moment. I kinda felt satisfaction for John, as everyone realized there mistake in wanting the weapon.

I was a little puzzled in Pilot's slightly different voice and Jothee's drastic change at first but it in no way stopped my enjoyment. I wonder what is to happen of Sikozu?

What a perfect finale for this perfect show.

Spoiler:
                      D'Argo! Jool! Harvey! (yeah....I liked Harvey alot Very fun character)

Comment

The same could be said of Crais who became a friend by the end
                        I would call Crais an ally, not a friend really.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                          Finally watched Peacekeeper Wars! Wow! It was quite....movielike. Can't say enough good things about PKW or the whole series for that matter!

More Luxans! Yes! I think the Luxans are wicked cool. Wasn't too big on Chiana's new eyes. But she is still awesome! I liked seeing more of Emperor Staleek and the Scarrans. Staleek is quite awesome. Neat seeing Einstein again too. The Wormhole Weapon! That was one amazing moment. I kinda felt satisfaction for John, as everyone realized there mistake in wanting the weapon.

I was a little puzzled in Pilot's slightly different voice and Jothee's drastic change at first but it in no way stopped my enjoyment. I wonder what is to happen of Sikozu?

What a perfect finale for this perfect show.

Spoiler:
                          D'Argo! Jool! Harvey! (yeah....I liked Harvey alot Very fun character)
                          Check out the comics. You will find out what comes of her. And, what her motives truly were.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Check out the comics. You will find out what comes of her. And, what her motives truly were.
                            Awesome. I definitely plan on checking out the comics. Not sure how soon I will get to them but i'm hungry to see more adventures of Moya and its crew!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                              Awesome. I definitely plan on checking out the comics. Not sure how soon I will get to them but i'm hungry to see more adventures of Moya and its crew!
                              Whenever you do decide to check them out, I do not think you will be disappointed.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I would call Crais an ally, not a friend really.
                                Yeah, I agree with that. He was an ally.
                                sigpic
                                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Working...
                                X