No announcement yet.

Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i rewatched infinite possibilities part 2 yesterday am i the only one who still finds that episode really sad?
    sigpic
    The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

No. Even though I've probably seen it a dozen times.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

I adore this show! After having seen 8 episodes so far, it's definitely becoming a firm favorite. I love the anarchy in it, the way they dare to show and do things that wouldn't be accepted by American TV networks, and would even have trouble on premium cable...
        sigpic

Comment

Finished Season Three last night. Fantastic! What a cliffhanger! Two big shocks after another!

"Into the Lions Den" is one of the finest two parters I've seen on TV in a long time.
          Spoiler:
          Especially the moment onward when Scorpius and Crichton returned from the wormhole, the entire episode(Part 2) from that moment on was just awesome and tense with the Command Carrier imploding. I loved the moment when Crichton and Scorpius stood across from each other with the gap of fire in the middle. Great Stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
            Finished Season Three last night. Fantastic! What a cliffhanger! Two big shocks after another!
            Dog With Two Bones is one of my favorite episodes of the whole series.

When you are done with the whole series you should go back and listen to the commentaries for this episode (there are 2, one listed and one not). Ben and Claudia go into detail about the coin toss scene.
            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
              Dog With Two Bones is one of my favorite episodes of the whole series.

When you are done with the whole series you should go back and listen to the commentaries for this episode (there are 2, one listed and one not). Ben and Claudia go into detail about the coin toss scene.
              I definitely plan on listening to all the commentaries once I am finished as well as the special features. I need to get Peacekeepers Wars immediately. I have a feeling I will finish Season 4 too quick! I'm trying to go slow and not watch it all at once but sometimes I cant help it....

Comment

I'm the exact opposite. I didn't care for Dog With Two Bones. At this point I had thought they had gone way overboard with John/Aeryn and I just couldn't take another one. It dulled me. Glad they toned it down a little in S4.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                  No. Even though I've probably seen it a dozen times.
                  I think I've seen it even more than that. I still find it very sad at the end. Really well done though.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Finally got the box set.
                    But it only has 24 commentaries.
                    I can't win. sigh.

Comment

Started Season 4! Love how the credits and Crichton's story changes slightly. At the end of the first disc now, paused on "Lava's a Many Splendored Thing." (This show has such intriguing episode titles. )
                      Spoiler:
                      It was neat seeing Crichton with a beard...again in "Crichton Kicks". As I think in Season One's "Jeremiah Crichton" he had a beard. I dunno why but I find it fun to see characters looking different for a while. I love how the Harvey thing is still going. "What Was Lost" was great. Another Peacekeeper crazy to track down Crichton! First Crais, then Scorpius, and now Grayza? I think is the name of the crazy chick? I'm confused on how Braca betrayed Scorpius easily. I thought he was loyal...maybe more so to the Peacekeeper "cause" I guess. I really started to like Jool and then she leaves?!

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      I'm the exact opposite. I didn't care for Dog With Two Bones. At this point I had thought they had gone way overboard with John/Aeryn and I just couldn't take another one. It dulled me. Glad they toned it down a little in S4.
                      I really enjoyed Season 3, but I found myself more looking forward to the Moya episodes than the Talyn ones. And that might of been because of the John/Aeryn thing or just that I liked the character combo on Moya more. I'm not into heave shipping stuff, i'm not much of a "shipper."

Comment

I didn't really enjoy the whole "split" storyline with the two ships. I preferred all the ones set on Moya. Talyn was a neat idea but I didn't enjoy the cramped sets and such. I missed Moya and Pilot.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CheekyBeckett View Post
                          I didn't really enjoy the whole "split" storyline with the two ships. I preferred all the ones set on Moya. Talyn was a neat idea but I didn't enjoy the cramped sets and such. I missed Moya and Pilot.
                          During Season 3, I actually didn't mind the switching between Moya and Talyn. I think they pulled it off rather well.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            During Season 3, I actually didn't mind the switching between Moya and Talyn. I think they pulled it off rather well.
                            I liked the switching too. But I just liked the Moya stories more and found them to be the more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              agreed
                              Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                              I liked the switching too. But I just liked the Moya stories more and found them to be the more interesting.
                              i must be the strange one then as i prefered the talyn stories (but then i am a john/aeryn shipper).
                              sigpic
                              The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

I really didn't prefer one to the other. With Farscape, it is very hard for me to choose favorites sometimes.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X