Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
    That's what made the show so special (at least for me). All these really great characters getting imersed in adventure after adventure.

I'm a character person and here was a show that was all about the characters. And not just the main 1 or 2 characters, but all the various lifeforms on the show.
    The people behind this great show were definitely skilled in fleshing out their characters. Making you truly care what happened regarding them.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I am watching Farscape for the first time I am currently starting season 4 and I love the show it is great!! I am sad I didn't watch it when it aired..
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
        I am watching Farscape for the first time I am currently starting season 4 and I love the show it is great!! I am sad I didn't watch it when it aired..
        It is a great show and I am so happy they have re-released it. I started buying it just as they phased out the Starburst editions.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
          At least you are watching it now. It doesn't matter when you found this great show. All that matters is that you did find it. Don't forget to check out The Peacekeeper Wars after Season 4.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            At least you are watching it now. It doesn't matter when you found this great show. All that matters is that you did find it. Don't forget to check out The Peacekeeper Wars after Season 4.
            Spoiler:
            Or you will be screaming!!!!

I remember when I was getting them from Netflix and S2 ended with Die Me Dichotomy and I almost had a heart attack waiting for the next disc to come.

I think I would have gone crazy with the angst if I had to wait many months for the next season to start.
            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Spoiler:
              Or you will be screaming!!!!

I remember when I was getting them from Netflix and S2 ended with Die Me Dichotomy and I almost had a heart attack waiting for the next disc to come.

I think I would have gone crazy with the angst if I had to wait many months for the next season to start.
              As a fan who watched it live, believe me, it wasn't easy. This show always left you wanting more.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Heh. That was me. I had only just started watching Farscape on Skiffy at the very, very end of S2, (Granted I really didn't know what the hell was going on, but I was totally hooked) but then it ended with that episode, and I had to wait however long for S3 to start up.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

I'm still plodding along watching the show. Can someone tell me why they used up a show telling us Scorpy's back story? It was enough for me to know that he was half scarran/half sabbacean (sorry I don't know how to spell the species names) and that he was forced to choose one or the other and therefore had to prove himself to that faction. What's with the story? Trying to make him more sympathetic?
                  sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                    I'm still plodding along watching the show. Can someone tell me why they used up a show telling us Scorpy's back story? It was enough for me to know that he was half scarran/half sabbacean (sorry I don't know how to spell the species names) and that he was forced to choose one or the other and therefore had to prove himself to that faction. What's with the story? Trying to make him more sympathetic?
                    Well, if anything, I think it tries to give the viewers that much more info on what makes Scorpy tick.
                    I actually liked that episode, tho' not one I'd want to rewatch on its own (unlike, say, Crackers Don't Matter ).
                    Also, as with a lot of what happens in the series, it gets referred to later in the series.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, that's good to know. As far as I can tell they haven't wasted any bit of story. I'd hate for them to start now.
                      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                        Also, as with a lot of what happens in the series, it gets referred to later in the series.
                        That's one of my favorite things about the show. That almost everything matters and is referred to. Even my least favorite ep - Eat Me is important to later growth of the show (although I wish they would have found a better way to get to that development).
                        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

That's one of my favorite things about the show. That almost everything matters and is referred to. Even my least favorite ep - Eat Me is important to later growth of the show (although I wish they would have found a better way to get to that development).
                          This show was indeed good at connecting events, one thing leading to another later down the road.

While a lot of people seemed to not like "Eat Me", I personally thought it was a decent episode.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Eat Me wasn't all that great, but it was creepy. And Farscape didn't usually do creepy.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                              Eat Me wasn't all that great, but it was creepy. And Farscape didn't usually do creepy.
                              I didn't mind the creepy aspect of it. I like creepy movies, episodes, etc.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Just finished season 1 of Farscape! It was fantastic! Can't wait to continue on to season 2. Chiana is awesome and Scorpious is quite the interesting villain.

It was very intriguing to find out that Zhaan is...kinda a plant.

Comment

Working...
                                X