No announcement yet.

Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rygel and John were probably my two favorite characters. They were all great though.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Aeryn's also my favourite (again, probably biased ).
      IMHO, she had the best character development in the entire series, followed only by Crichton. Scorpius was quite interesting, too.
      sigpic

Comment

I like Aeryn a lot too. Crichton reminds me very much of Mitchell.
        sigpic
        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

My favorite characters have always been Pilot and Moya. I'm still amazed at how well they brought the ship to life. The puppets, too, but the ship, I think, was the greatest feat of all. With the puppets, at least the actors had something to act to. With the ship, all they had to work with were the sets and the lighting.
          sigpic
          "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
          Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Crichton was my favourite, and shall always be that, that nut. Scorpius and Harvey come in close second, with everybody else in third place.

Crichton reminds me very much of Mitchell.
            I saw Ben as Mitchell first too, but Ben in my mind is now always Crichton - the original and the best. Much as I love Stargate, I could almost feel the writing for Mitchell being lesser and not as great as Crichton's development into that awesome nutso.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post

I saw Ben as Mitchell first too, but Ben in my mind is now always Crichton - the original and the best. Much as I love Stargate, I could almost feel the writing for Mitchell being lesser and not as great as Crichton's development into that awesome nutso.
              I'm only in season 1, it's a little early to judge that now.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                Ben in my mind is now always Crichton - the original and the best. Much as I love Stargate, I could almost feel the writing for Mitchell being lesser and not as great as Crichton's development into that awesome nutso.
                I concur! :-)

Comment

You see, I saw Ben as Crichton before he ever joined Stargate. So, in my mind, he will always be John Crichton first. Mitchell was great though.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    You see, I saw Ben as Crichton before he ever joined Stargate. So, in my mind, he will always be John Crichton first. Mitchell was great though.
                    That makes me wish I saw Farscape when it was first on.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                      That makes me wish I saw Farscape when it was first on.
                      Honestly, better late than never. Besides, it wasn't always easy going being a fan of it while it was still in its first-run.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I am in the middle of season 3 and the writers of SG should watch this series from beginning to end to see a few things how to write off a character how to write ship and how to use humor and how to have sentient aliens without CGI

Jool is not as annoying to me as I watch it this time
                        sigpic
                        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                          I am in the middle of season 3 and the writers of SG should watch this series from beginning to end to see a few things how to write off a character how to write ship and how to use humor and how to have sentient aliens without CGI

Jool is not as annoying to me as I watch it this time
                          Many shows could have learned how to do things properly by watching Farscape. This show really had a lot to offer.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I am starting season 2 tomorrow.
                            sigpic

Comment

Aeryn's also my favourite too Claudia is just brilliant at what she does.

The other thing I really liked about farscape was, as far as I know, that it was the first proper scifi show, I don't count Zena as that was more fantasy than scifi, to have so many Australians and Kiwis working on it. Up until then the genre was either Americans or Brits.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                                I am starting season 2 tomorrow.
                                Congrats, and enjoy Season 2. Did you have a favorite episode from Season 1?
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X