Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McClance View Post
    I know.

I was just implying that weird is in FarScape's ingredients. Its weirdness is one of the things I love about the series.
    I know you were. Farscape did weird in a really great way. No other show could ever re-create that.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I need to re-watch Farscape again.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
        I need to re-watch Farscape again.
        Always a good decision.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          Always a good decision.
          It is.
          sigpic

Comment

I think another of my favourite villains is Durka. However, his end was kinda lame. The Epic story iseacekeeper Captain Durka tortured Rygel a long time ago. Later, his ship was defeated, Durka escaped and faked his death, but he was captured and mind-cleansed by the Nebari. He came to Moya where, because of Rygel, his mind-cleansing suddenly broke and he captured Rygel and Aeryn. Durka, however was forced to escape and because of Crichton, was caught in the Flax and of course, he is expected to one day, make an epic return. He became the leader of the controllers of the Flax:the Zenetan Pirates and became their Captain. The Lame Story:He captures Rygel in the Flax and when he goes to torture him, the Zenetan Pirates electrocute him because they liked Rygel's plan, Rygel cuts his head off and puts it on a staff and that's it?
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Rygel finally got his revenge. Personally, I liked that ending.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Piking heads has a very long and grand history.
                sigpic

Comment

Durka's rather 'abrupt' end actually made it memorable, IMHO.
                  There he was, looking smug, and you, the audience, would, at that point, probably think that he's going to do something to affect the crew of Moya or something...and then WHAM! Dead. Head on a stick.

Farscape is awesome.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                    Durka's rather 'abrupt' end actually made it memorable, IMHO.
                    There he was, looking smug, and you, the audience, would, at that point, probably think that he's going to do something to affect the crew of Moya or something...and then WHAM! Dead. Head on a stick.

Farscape is awesome.
                    I totally agree with that. Such a Farscape way of handling that kind of situation.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I like Rygel's response to Rorf when he asks about the head-on-a-stick:

"He's an old enemy. I like that he doesn't talk back."
                      sigpic
                      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                        I like Rygel's response to Rorf when he asks about the head-on-a-stick:

"He's an old enemy. I like that he doesn't talk back."
                        One of Rygel's many great lines over the years.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I really giggled at that. Rygel had some of the best lines

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

Originally posted by ktebid View Post
                            I really giggled at that. Rygel had some of the best lines
                            He really was one of my favorite characters. You loved him at times, and hated him at times. That made him very real to me. And IMO, the good outweighed the bad with him in the end.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              Rygel finally got his revenge. Personally, I liked that ending.
                              Yeah, but it would have been cooler if Durka would have last longer. He could have narrowly escape the Zenetan Pirates, maybe even join Scorpius and just continue the hunt. Or after Scorpy joined the good guys, could have become the Main Antagonist. He'd fit in the role.

Peacekeeper Captain Bialar Crais
                              Sebacean/Scarran hybrid Scorpius
                              100 cycles overdue to death legendary Peacekeeper captain Selto Durka.
                              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                                Yeah, but it would have been cooler if Durka would have last longer. He could have narrowly escape the Zenetan Pirates, maybe even join Scorpius and just continue the hunt. Or after Scorpy joined the good guys, could have become the Main Antagonist. He'd fit in the role.

Peacekeeper Captain Bialar Crais
                                Sebacean/Scarran hybrid Scorpius
                                100 cycles overdue to death legendary Peacekeeper captain Selto Durka.
                                Scorpy never really joined the good guys. He was always looking out for number one. If he worked with the good guys it's because he needed them to help him in his quest/plan.

Durka would have crapped his pants in front of Scorpy. Durka was a little kid compared to Scorpy. Besides, Bracka was a much better sidekick for Scorpy, imho.

Durka lasted long enough for Rygel to get his revenge and I'm good with that. Then they brought in the BIG BAD Scorpy.
                                sigpic
                                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X