No announcement yet.

Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A video you all must watch because it is crazy amazing and the most amazing one I've seen. Encompasses John/Aeryn SO WELL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF4yaluRCUs

Comment

Originally posted by CaramelMonkey View Post
      A video you all must watch because it is crazy amazing and the most amazing one I've seen. Encompasses John/Aeryn SO WELL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF4yaluRCUs
      Very nice video and song.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Right now, it seems I can't stop my wife. She insisted we watch more Farscape tonight, so, we got through "Bringing Home the Beacon" and "A Constellation of Doubt". BHtB left her really upset and sad for John. After finally getting back together, John had lost Aeryn yet again.

As for ACoD, it was a different one for her. She said she loved the TV program feel of it, intermingled with what John was going through looking for Aeryn. She could not believe what he did at the end though. In her words, he had "Made a deal with the devil".

Only 5 episodes left in her journey, followed by PKWs.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Man, with only 5 episodes left anyway, I can't believe how many my wife and I watched today. Once one would end, she just wanted to keep going. We got through "Prayer", and all three parts of "We're So Screwed". She loved every single moment, constantly bugging me about what would happen next.

With only the series finale and PKWs left to watch, she freely admits to me that this is probably her all-time favorite show. And favorite love story. She really can't get over the chemistry Ben and Claudia had together as John and Aeryn.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            Man, with only 5 episodes left anyway, I can't believe how many my wife and I watched today. Once one would end, she just wanted to keep going. We got through "Prayer", and all three parts of "We're So Screwed". She loved every single moment, constantly bugging me about what would happen next.

With only the series finale and PKWs left to watch, she freely admits to me that this is probably her all-time favorite show. And favorite love story. She really can't get over the chemistry Ben and Claudia had together as John and Aeryn.
            Couldn't agree more with your wife, Ben's and Claudia's chemistry is/was incredibly good.

Have fun watching the last three parts of one the best shows ever
            sigpic
            My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
              Couldn't agree more with your wife, Ben's and Claudia's chemistry is/was incredibly good.

Have fun watching the last three parts of one the best shows ever
              Yeah, she is definitely in for a wild, emotionally-charged ending.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Well, tonight was the night. My wife wanted to watch "Bad Timing", so that is what we watched. She thought it was so good, until that ending. She couldn't believe they ended the series like that, on such a cliffhanger. John and Aeryn were finally so happy together, and then that happened.

At least she will get to see The Peacekeeper Wars within a few days. I told her to try and imagine not knowing if there would ever be a conclusion, like what those of us who watched Farscape in its first run went through. She replied that she would have gone completely out of her mind.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  Well, tonight was the night. My wife wanted to watch "Bad Timing", so that is what we watched. She thought it was so good, until that ending. She couldn't believe they ended the series like that, on such a cliffhanger. John and Aeryn were finally so happy together, and then that happened.

At least she will get to see The Peacekeeper Wars within a few days. I told her to try and imagine not knowing if there would ever be a conclusion, like what those of us who watched Farscape in its first run went through. She replied that she would have gone completely out of her mind.
                  Best cliffhanger of Farscape by far! I can only imagine how gutwrenching and hard it was to not even know the cliffhanger will ever be resolved...Fortunately, the Peacekeeper Wars was made.
                  sigpic
                  My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
                    Best cliffhanger of Farscape by far! I can only imagine how gutwrenching and hard it was to not even know the cliffhanger will ever be resolved...Fortunately, the Peacekeeper Wars was made.
                    I dunno. I still think the season 2 finale was a pretty strong cliffhanger, followed by the season 3 finale (season 1, too...tho' I think the level of 'attachment' w/ the characters isn't as great as in the later seasons). I mean, Farscape could have ended at the season 4 finale...and still be 'conclusive' (it would've been a TRAGIC ending, but it could have ended there ).

Of course, I do agree that it was fortunate that Peacekeeper Wars was made, as it wrapped up everything in a more epic manner.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                      I dunno. I still think the season 2 finale was a pretty strong cliffhanger, followed by the season 3 finale (season 1, too...tho' I think the level of 'attachment' w/ the characters isn't as great as in the later seasons). I mean, Farscape could have ended at the season 4 finale...and still be 'conclusive' (it would've been a TRAGIC ending, but it could have ended there ).

Of course, I do agree that it was fortunate that Peacekeeper Wars was made, as it wrapped up everything in a more epic manner.
                      Extremely epic, my friend.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Well, tonight was the night for my wife. This evening, her Farscape journey was completed as we watched The Peacekeeper Wars. I have to say, she was really blown away by it. She thought it was such a great way to wrap up this wonderful show. It was funny, emotional, and packed with action. Honestly, she said that she couldn't have envisioned a better ending for this show.

For me, this has been something very special. Getting to share this beloved show with her, seeing it anew through her eyes as she saw it for the first time. I am sad we are done.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Aw fifth, don't be sad. It's not like you two can't watch it again.
                          sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                            Aw fifth, don't be sad. It's not like you two can't watch it again.
                            True, but not for awhile. She told me today she can't believe we are actually done watching it. It really flew by for her.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Time to wait for the webisodes.
                              Gah. I really hope those push through...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                                Time to wait for the webisodes.
                                Gah. I really hope those push through...
                                Please do yourself a favor, do NOT hold your breath for the webisodes to be pushed through. They're having financial troubles - as in they're not having much luck getting funding to pay for them - so it will be quite a while longer before we hear anything on them happening.

There are the comics however.
                                sigpic
                                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X