Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
    I think anything FS related with or without the original cast will be AWESOME. I fear the more people (no offense) like you voice the "If Ben & Claudia aren't involved" attitude, the chances are we won't get anything more from the FS creators since so many fans (again, no offense) seem to think that FS is all about Ben and Claudia's characters. It never was for me. For me it was about John's journey, with Aeryn and the REST OF THE GANG by his side. Trying their best to do the right thing and not always succeeding.
    As do I. Although, I would prefer at least some of the original cast. I would even be up for giving a show a chance that followed little Deke's adventures as he got older.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
      I think anything FS related with or without the original cast will be AWESOME. I fear the more people (no offense) like you voice the "If Ben & Claudia aren't involved" attitude, the chances are we won't get anything more from the FS creators since so many fans (again, no offense) seem to think that FS is all about Ben and Claudia's characters. It never was for me. For me it was about John's journey, with Aeryn and the REST OF THE GANG by his side. Trying their best to do the right thing and not always succeeding.
      Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      As do I. Although, I would prefer at least some of the original cast. I would even be up for giving a show a chance that followed little Deke's adventures as he got older.
      And so do I..... As much as I love the John and Aeryn love story.....the thing that drew me to the show in the first place was the interpersonal stories that developed for the other characters........and the fact that even though they are not of our species they strugle with the same hopes and fears as the rest of us......
      CARTER:
      You spent seven years on MacGyver......and you can't figure this one out.......

We've got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum.........build a Neucliar Reactor for crying out loud.......

You used to be MacGyver........MacGadjet.........MacGimmic........Now your Mr MacUseless.......

Dear God............I'm stuck on a glacier with MacGyver.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PdY3...eature=related

Comment

Ohh. Clarification. When I said I wanted Ben and Claudia in it, I meant I didn't want anyone else playing John or Aeryn... if they completely change it, with Deke on an adventure, I'd totally watch it.

I care about the rest of the cast too! It's just that since D'argo and Chiana and such are in costume, they could get someone else to play them pretty easily (well maybe not Chiana) but...y'know. It's easier to replace them than it is to replace Ben and Claudia. I care about them! I didn't realize how wrong my comment came off. >.<

Comment

Originally posted by CaramelMonkey View Post
          Ohh. Clarification. When I said I wanted Ben and Claudia in it, I meant I didn't want anyone else playing John or Aeryn... if they completely change it, with Deke on an adventure, I'd totally watch it.

I care about the rest of the cast too! It's just that since D'argo and Chiana and such are in costume, they could get someone else to play them pretty easily (well maybe not Chiana) but...y'know. It's easier to replace them than it is to replace Ben and Claudia. I care about them! I didn't realize how wrong my comment came off. >.<
          It's okay CM. As for me, NONE of the characters especially the main ones like John, Aeryn, D'Argo, China, Pilot, Rygel, Crais or Scorpy can be so easily replaced by other actors. Same goes for Sikozu and even Zhaan. I would rather see Little D's (sorry can't stand Deke or whatever you all are calling him) adventures rather than seeing my beloved gang recast.
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Agreed. Oh, ok. I'll call him...little D. Hahha.

Comment

Just calling "Little D" D'Argo can get confusing is all. That is why I went with Deke.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Just calling "Little D" D'Argo can get confusing is all. That is why I went with Deke.
                That's why I call him Little D.
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

If they do end up having him be the central character at some point, I guess we will have to get used to just calling him D'Argo. You can't call a grown man Deke or Little D.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

It's ok to call an adult Deke, I think. Just...not little D. I don't think they are gonna start calling him D'argo...unless the rest of the cast completely disappears and they have a Deke/Little D/D'argo centered series...

Comment

man iv been out of the farscape forum for wa while....good to be back though!i personally would love for them to bring everyone back and keep it going(even Big D should come back somehow) but id settle for little D or Deke as my boy fifth calls him would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                        man iv been out of the farscape forum for wa while....good to be back though!i personally would love for them to bring everyone back and keep it going(even Big D should come back somehow) but id settle for little D or Deke as my boy fifth calls him would be great!
                        I just think that is the next logical step, if they can't get the original gang back together. You know, like a Farscape TNG. Moya and Pilot could even still be a part of the series.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I just think that is the next logical step, if they can't get the original gang back together. You know, like a Farscape TNG. Moya and Pilot could even still be a part of the series.
                          I'm not really sure how I'd feel about that. I'd really prefer the original gang (or as many of them as possible) back together. And I'm always a little skeptical about later stories that try to follow the original characters' kid(s). But if anyone could pull it off, it would be the Farscape crew. And I'd be happy to have any form of Farscape, really. Even if they did follow "Little D," I'm sure we would see some other familiar faces from time to time. Farscape was always good at bringing back all of their wonderful recurring characters.
                          Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                          Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
                            I'm not really sure how I'd feel about that. I'd really prefer the original gang (or as many of them as possible) back together. And I'm always a little skeptical about later stories that try to follow the original characters' kid(s). But if anyone could pull it off, it would be the Farscape crew. And I'd be happy to have any form of Farscape, really. Even if they did follow "Little D," I'm sure we would see some other familiar faces from time to time. Farscape was always good at bringing back all of their wonderful recurring characters.
                            Agreed. I guess I'd like the characters back once in a while. I would've actually really liked Little D to meet Zhaan. I think that would've been really sweet. Henson and the crew could totally pull off another series based on D if they got the chance.

Comment

i think his adventures on moya and pilot would make for an awesome series but i think they could probably get the original crew back togethor enough for the show to go abck to wat it was.

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                                i think his adventures on moya and pilot would make for an awesome series but i think they could probably get the original crew back togethor enough for the show to go abck to wat it was.
                                Really, either way works for me. I just want more on-screen adventures in the Farscape universe.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X