No announcement yet.

Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got into farscape because of stargate. i was watching stargate one night with my mom, and she was like "ben browder use to be on this fantastic show i use to watch, but i don't remember what it was called." i checked it out on the internet like ten minutes later, found out it was called farscape and then i searched the episodes online. i just got completely hooked.
    thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      I have a couple questions for all of you Farscape fans. What got you into this show? What was the first episode you saw?
      Mine was Premiere. And after 5 minutes I was totally hooked. The rest is history BTW, it was about 8 years ago, back in 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
        Mine was Premiere. And after 5 minutes I was totally hooked. The rest is history BTW, it was about 8 years ago, back in 2000.
        It didn't take me long to get hooked either.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Here's a question for all of you -

Which episode of Farscape have you probably watched the most times? Why that particular episode?
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Probably "DNA Mad Scientist" and "They've Got A Secret" are the two episodes I've watched the most. Whenever I watch the first I also usually watch the second, too, as they're on the same tape together.

They were among the first six episodes of FarScape I ever bought. And, they each focus on my two top favorite characters--Pilot and Moya.
            sigpic
            "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
            Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Here's a question for all of you -

Which episode of Farscape have you probably watched the most times? Why that particular episode?
              Crackers Don't Matter. Everything about that episode was just fantastic, especially whenever Scorpy popped up.
              River Tam: My food is problematic.

Comment

Probably Crackers Don't Matter...or Out of Their Minds, or Don Quixote...

Comment

Crackers Don't Matter

Why?

1) it's one of a handful of episodes I have recorded
                  2) it is just a fun episode to watch
                  3) it still makes me laugh, even though I know it by heart

What would be on the list if I had the DVD? (actually, I did watch those DVD's over and over and over again before returning to Netflix, and have even read the episode transcripts over and over and over again)

Crichton Kicks
                  Scratch 'n Sniff

Comment

The two episodes of Farscape I've seen the most times are Season 2's "Won't Get Fooled Again", and Season 4's "Crichton Kicks".

Both episodes have amazing funny moments in them. And, both episodes told very good stories in the end. Two of Farscape's best IMO.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

It's really great that so many people seem to have discovered this great show through BB and CB being on SG-1. We long-time Scapers welcome you all. It's great to see the FS fanbase continue to grow.
                      I completely agree.

Now, to answer the questions, I got hooked on Farscape during the back half of its fourth and final season. I wasn't yet knowledgeable about the show past what I saw on my television at the time, and when the final episode came on with the Save Farscape Campaign's advertisement about getting involved, my jaw dropped in recognition that it was canceled and immediately hopped onboard. I was there for a long while, up until and past when the miniseries premiered, and then I've recently returned in hopes of getting people involved in promoting the webisodes once we have more information on them and a clearer release date. I've seen every episode of the series at least twice since getting involved, and I'm looking to do so again now.

I can't say with absolute certainty what my most-watched episodes are, but I'd lean toward such gems as the Liars, Guns and Money trilogy, the Infinite Possibilities duology, The Choice and the final four episodes, and the miniseries. I know for certain, at least, that my most watched season is the third; overall, I thought it was the best.
                      If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                        I know for certain, at least, that my most watched season is the third; overall, I thought it was the best.
                        Farscape's 3rd Season was huge. A lot of major events for our characters took place in that season.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Farscape's 3rd Season was huge. A lot of major events for our characters took place in that season.
                          gotta agree with you guys, s3 was the best! it was a pretty clever move to clone John and then let them be stuck on different ships. that's one of the reasons s3 was so amazing imo
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                            gotta agree with you guys, s3 was the best! it was a pretty clever move to clone John and then let them be stuck on different ships. that's one of the reasons s3 was so amazing imo
                            LoL... I have been rewatching S3 these last couple of days and that bit where they seperate was good I really enjoy revisiting Farscape when I get the chance

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                              LoL... I have been rewatching S3 these last couple of days and that bit where they seperate was good I really enjoy revisiting Farscape when I get the chance
                              dude you're everywhere I remember when I first watched that part I wasn't sure about it. but it turned out great, especially the people on Talyn had very interesting stories imo
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

dude you're everywhere

I remember when I first watched that part I wasn't sure about it. but it turned out great, especially the people on Talyn had very interesting stories imo
                                Yeah it did seem abit strange the first time round... I realy like how it all played out though, I think it was twists like that that really made Farscape different in a way from other sci-fi series I've seen, It definately played a part in making S3 great

Comment

Working...
                                X