Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by penguininablender View Post
    But we all have to be a little weird to watch Farscape...so you fit in just right
    Definitely not alone on this thread. But weird can be very good. And in the case of us Farscape fans, it is very good.

SWEET, WE JUST PASSED THE 3000 POST MARK! Thanks to everyone for continuing to make this little thread of mine not so little.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

But we all have to be a little weird to watch Farscape...so you fit in just right
      Indeed

Imagine a world where no one was weird? Imagine if everyone always knew what you were saying with no confusing and often humourous misunderstandings?

I prefer it this way. Ah... son of a hazmot!

*eta* 3000 posts? Whoo hoo! Hopefully I will contribute more to the next 3000
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

lol...exactly. Or the one that made diet coke come out of my nose when I first watched it

Spoiler:
        Aeryn:she gives me a woody
        John: What?!
        Aeryn:A woody, you say it when something is strange or...
        John: The willies aeryn...the willies *shakes head*
        lol ... I laughed so hard I cried and had to stop the episode to collect myself on that one ... It's classic Farscape to be sure.

Yay for 3000 posts of Farscape goodness!!

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
        "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          *eta* 3000 posts? Whoo hoo! Hopefully I will contribute more to the next 3000
          I'm sure you will. That's definitely the right attitude to have, I'll give you that.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            I could totally be wrong, but I thought the translator microbes allowed you to hear them speak in a tongue you could understand. Like in the first episode, when John is first injected with the microbes by the DRD. For a little while, you hear D'Argo and Zhaan speaking in their native languages. Once the microbes took effect, their words came out in English (at least to John).

So while the people are still speaking their own language, you end up hearing your own. Like I said though, I could be wrong.
            I always assumed that to be true as well. (lol.. I say always like I hadn't just started watching the series two weeks ago LMAO!!)

Anyways, ya... they talk in their own language, but you hear it in your own. And, like any translation, some stuff gets lost like:

lol...exactly. Or the one that made diet coke come out of my nose when I first watched it

Spoiler:
            Aeryn:she gives me a woody
            John: What?!
            Aeryn:A woody, you say it when something is strange or...
            John: The willies aeryn...the willies *shakes head*
            That one killed me too! LOVED IT!

Just how it is with my International friends

...and some of my Kiwi friends. OK, maybe I'm just weird.
            Lol, I have trouble with language with my international friends sometimes too lol.

Yay to 3k posts! And Yay to the fact that I just got Season 2 today!!! Just watched 'Mind the Baby'. Great epi, nice season opener. A few lines killed me...

Spoiler:
            "How many times have we been 'close'?"..."Umm.. well, only the once....oh, you didn't mean that kind of close did you?"

"I love you aeryn"
            "What?"
            "I love you"
            *leaps up* "oh.. wow.. yes, I did hear you right the first time...well, I.. umm.."

Those were great.

Also wondering if anyone had caps of the ending sequence when John and Aeryn were cuddling below Pilot. Loved that scene, so tender... Lol... yup, I'm a sap apparently.

EDIT: That wasn't much of a recap of the epi from me, but it's 11:30pm and I actually have to get up and go to work tomorrow morning

Boo to having to work Canada Day weekend!!!
            Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

OK, maybe.
              NZNeep - dahlin' you just need to accept and embrace your weirdness. Don't say "maybe I'm weird" Say it loud and proud I AM WEIRD!

I'm sure you mean that in the nicest way possible, of course.
              NZNeep knows exactly how I mean it.

*tosses in a N I G E L L A for good measure...

*watches as NZNeep falls to the floor in her own puddle of drool
              sigpic
              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                NZNeep - dahlin' you just need to accept and embrace your weirdness. Don't say "maybe I'm weird" Say it loud and proud I AM WEIRD!

NZNeep knows exactly how I mean it.

*tosses in a N I G E L L A for good measure...

*watches as NZNeep falls to the floor in her own puddle of drool
                Hehe, I admit it! I admit it!

Hey, for anyone who has watched Farscape and Sanctuary...

Spoiler:
                In the first wep when Helen says, "your power is driving you mad, John" was anyone else reminded of Zhaan for some reason?
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

One of my fave lines from Farscape comes from Meltdown. There were some great funny moments in that ep.

J: "Hi! I got some control back. Let me show you."

A: "I love it when you take control."

J:"That's the Drexim talking."

A: "No it isn't. I can manually prime the cannon."

J: "I'd love to see that."

A: "Talyn's cannon."

J: "I'm stoked, not stupid. Do it!"
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sun'shyne View Post
                    Just watched 'Mind the Baby'. Great epi, nice season opener. A few lines killed me...

Spoiler:
                    "How many times have we been 'close'?"..."Umm.. well, only the once....oh, you didn't mean that kind of close did you?"

"I love you aeryn"
                    "What?"
                    "I love you"
                    *leaps up* "oh.. wow.. yes, I did hear you right the first time...well, I.. umm.."

Those were great.

Also wondering if anyone had caps of the ending sequence when John and Aeryn were cuddling below Pilot. Loved that scene, so tender... Lol... yup, I'm a sap apparently.

EDIT: That wasn't much of a recap of the epi from me, but it's 11:30pm and I actually have to get up and go to work tomorrow morning

Boo to having to work Canada Day weekend!!!

I am at work ("lunch" break) and about ready to shoot the computer (it's slooooow) and I'm actually looking forward to getting home and back on dial-up which seems to be faster at the moment (this is ridiculous).

As for MtB, loved that EP. Saw it in syndication a while back and the DVD from Netflix is sitting on my kitchen table waiting for me to watch. Don't remember the "I love you" bit but definitely remember their "we're close" conversation. Great scene there and at the end as well! (I'm a sap too!)

As for favorite scenes / lines - Crichton Kicks, where John is trying to lure "Kujo" into a trap and he's "goat bait" ... maaaa maaaa ... "grade A American prime beef" hehe ...

Happy Canada Day weekend ... don't work too hard!

Comment

Definitely not alone on this thread. But weird can be very good. And in the case of us Farscape fans, it is very good.

SWEET, WE JUST PASSED THE 3000 POST MARK! Thanks to everyone for continuing to make this little thread of mine not so little.
                      YIPEEE ... 3000 posts!!!

And I definitely qualify as weird also ... and not just because I like FS - amateur radio operator, and my family thinks I'm nutz, but in a good way! :-)

Comment

yay for 3000! We talk a whole bunch! yay!

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
                        hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
                        Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                        OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

Hehe, I admit it! I admit it!

Hey, for anyone who has watched Farscape and Sanctuary...

Spoiler:
                          In the first wep when Helen says, "your power is driving you mad, John" was anyone else reminded of Zhaan for some reason?
                          Can't say as I was. Since
                          Spoiler:
                          John Crichton didn't really have any powers to speak of...except the power of pop culture.
                          sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Some interesting, albeit older news, I found out was that Sony has acquired the season 1 rights to Farscape, so maybe there will be some more affordable season releases in the future and maybe it is a good sign for more Scape in the future.

A good take on it part way down the page here: http://www.farscapecanada.com/index.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by MFA View Post
                              I am at work ("lunch" break) and about ready to shoot the computer (it's slooooow) and I'm actually looking forward to getting home and back on dial-up which seems to be faster at the moment (this is ridiculous).

As for MtB, loved that EP. Saw it in syndication a while back and the DVD from Netflix is sitting on my kitchen table waiting for me to watch. Don't remember the "I love you" bit but definitely remember their "we're close" conversation. Great scene there and at the end as well! (I'm a sap too!)

As for favorite scenes / lines - Crichton Kicks, where John is trying to lure "Kujo" into a trap and he's "goat bait" ... maaaa maaaa ... "grade A American prime beef" hehe ...

Happy Canada Day weekend ... don't work too hard!

The 'I love you' bit was Zhaan and Aeryn lol

Just watched 2.02 (Vitas-something lol). I'm watching it on the laptop with earphones, and my parents are watching 'The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly' and at the end when John walks into D'Argo's room and just stares at the bed, the theme from TGTB&TU started playing... it made me giggle...

Anyways, another good epi, I go interuptted in the middle of it by company, but it was good overall!

Goodnight my FS friends, and Happy Canada Day!! (in 2hrs...)
                              Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

yay for 3000! We talk a whole bunch! yay!
                                With a show as good as Farscape was, there's a lot to talk about.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X