Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
    I think SciFi still has the rights to it. And considering the hardball they are playing with the Stargate tv rights, I doubt they'll let this loose until they are legally obligated to.
    Just another example of what huge jack-a**** Sci-Fi is. They always have to make things so freaking difficult.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Truskawka View Post
      Heads up for Amercians! SciFi is airing Peacekeeper Wars at night tonight - 1:00 am the first part and at 3:00 am the second part. Set your TiVOs and VCRs!

Hi Truskawka!

Yep, I recorded it and was a couch potato for about 4 hours last night when I got home from work. Neglected a gazillion things I should have been doing instead, but we gotta keep our priorities in order!! It's probably a good idea I don't have the DVD's ... of course, I have two more FS DVD's coming from Netflix today or tomorrow, so guess what I'll be doing???

My favorite line is still John telling Aeryn, "you better have my supper ready when I get on that ship" with a southern/country accent. Knowing the story behind the line makes it even better :-)

I couldn't help but think while watching it though, this could have been season 5 ... this could have been season 5 ... this would have made a GREAT season 5!

Comment

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
        Is anyone planning on attending the Burbank Scape con in November this year? If so would you be interested in having a banner to add to your sigs?

Would love to go, but based on the response I get from my husband when asking about going to Hamfests, I'm not even going to bring up going to a convention Maybe if they had a convention in B'ham or Meridian or Memphis or somewhere relatively close, I might could go with a co-worker and call it a girls day out ...

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
          I think SciFi still has the rights to it. And considering the hardball they are playing with the Stargate tv rights, I doubt they'll let this loose until they are legally obligated to.
          But, FOX is already showing FarScape--and both Stargate series.
          sigpic
          "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
          Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
            But, FOX is already showing FarScape--and both Stargate series.
            Right, but Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars mini-series is actually a separate entity from Farscape the series, it was produced in 2004, SciFi has exclusive rights to it at the moment and unfortunately we didn't hear anything about it going to syndication so far

Comment

Right, but Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars mini-series is actually a separate entity from Farscape the series, it was produced in 2004, SciFi has exclusive rights to it at the moment and unfortunately we didn't hear anything about it going to syndication so far

*sighs* Numbwits...
              sigpic
              "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:

Comment

Anyone going to the Farscape Con in Burbank in November 07 here's a banner made by Nathan. Feel free to snurch.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                  *sighs* Numbwits...
                  I think you're being too nice to them with that reply.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Hey everyone! *Waves*
                    I just wanted to drop by, say hi and let you all know that I love Farscape!
                    Yes, you heard me correct! LOVE!
                    I miss it though
                    sigpic

Comment

id like to ask your advice please most estemed of treads.....

i want to get the series on dvd but dunno wether to get the season box sets the entire lot in one boxset or the starburst editions......

any advice to be had????
                      sigpic

Comment

Get the starburst sets, they are cheaper and I believe they have more extras/commentaries.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          I think you're being too nice to them with that reply.
                          *gasps* You're right! You're absolutely right!

Frelling dren-for-brains...

There. Is that better?
                          sigpic

My Books:

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                            Get the starburst sets, they are cheaper and I believe they have more extras/commentaries.
                            That's right, but there're (still unofficial) news that the new and MAJOR distributor for Farscape DVDs will enter the stage in the near future. So perhaps it would be the best idea to wait for completely new release of Farscape in which we'll get perhaps even more extra features?

Comment

now im confused......#
                              lol
                              sigpic

Comment

That's right, but there're (still unofficial) news that the new and MAJOR distributor for Farscape DVDs will enter the stage in the near future. So perhaps it would be the best idea to wait for completely new release of Farscape in which we'll get perhaps even more extra features?
                                That's good news...well irrelevant for me I guess, as I wouldn't upgrade my current set, but I think ADV was pretty crappy so Farscape could use an upgrade in DVD presentation. Hopefully they will have better picture quality.
                                So ya, waiting could be good, but probably not that great of an idea to wait for a possible upgrade. Hopefully if they get picked up by a more mainstream company they get smart and release season sets at a reasonable price, like 30$ and then Farscape love can grow. (there is really no reason for Farscape seasons to take up 12 dvd's each, so much wasted space)

Comment

Working...
                                X