Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Formerhost
    Hmm... let me check this. I got "Success" message and the link, so it looked like it should be OK. I'll check it.
    But if ValaMalduran was able to d/load and watch it, it seems like it's OK.
    Nope, I didn't d/load it. I checked if the title was the same and rewatched the version on the CD-ROM.

Wait a moment.....
    If I remember correctly, you said you'd re-edit it to replace the TV snippets of PKW with the DVD parts. Did you do that? Cause then I'll d/load the new version, of course.

A.
    VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

Originally posted by ValaMalduran
      Nope, I didn't d/load it. I checked if the title was the same and rewatched the version on the CD-ROM.

Wait a moment.....
      If I remember correctly, you said you'd re-edit it to replace the TV snippets of PKW with the DVD parts. Did you do that? Cause then I'll d/load the new version, of course.

A.
      Uhm... not yet. It's the old version.

Comment

Hmm... let me check this. I got "Success" message and the link, so it looked like it should be OK. I'll check it.
        But if ValaMalduran was able to d/load and watch it, it seems like it's OK.
        Hmm... I'll try it again... thanks for checking.
        Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
          Got a present for everyone... feel free to spread the link to other Farscape sites... 'tis a PeaceKeeper Wars vid... not my best, but I enjoy it.

Peacekeeper
          Sorry, I am laughing so hard, but... you are not serious about this, are you? LOLOLOL I mean..... aw man, I have never seen a vid this bad LOLOL I can count the scenes on my hands LOLOLOL Sorry, but.... LOLOLOL

Comment

Well, geeesss... I was fighting my video ripping program... making it next to impossible to pick little tidbits, then clipping them in WMM frequently caused the scenes to just freeze for several seconds... I don't know why...

You could at least give me a suggestion... BTW I happen to like those scenes..

Comment

Originally posted by jagwriter78
              Sorry, I am laughing so hard, but... you are not serious about this, are you? LOLOLOL I mean..... aw man, I have never seen a vid this bad LOLOL I can count the scenes on my hands LOLOLOL Sorry, but.... LOLOLOL
              Yep, can tell you're a newbie. Try and be a little less insulting next time, will ya.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by jagwriter78
                If you're going to criticise the time and effort that someone's put into creating something, at least make it CONSTRUCTIVE.
                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

You could at least give me a suggestion... BTW I happen to like those scenes..
                  Suggestions, okay. A) use the deinterlace filter. That's one click. b) I wouldn't consider putting scenes to music that make absolutely no sense put together a music video. c) even though you like those scenes, use more scenes. It's more appealing to the viewer, and not as boring. And maybe d) read a tutorial on vid making????

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  Yep, can tell you're a newbie. Try and be a little less insulting next time, will ya.
                  Aw man, first, I didn't call anyone any names. Second, how many more LOL do I need to add to my post so you get that I WAS JOKING!

Comment

*waves* Hiya, Jag...what's up? Let's talk in chat later.

It's constructive criticism y'all want? OK, I can oblige.

First off, have to agree with Jag on this one. Not nearly enough scenes used to tell the story you're trying to tell. And while the scenes you did choose are good ones, I don't see the connection between the clips & the lyrics. And definitely use the deinterlace filter, it's a wonderful little invention. You said you were fighting with your ripping program? Not sure which program you have but I suggest DVDShrink to rip & VirtualDub to compress. Now, as for WMM goes..in a nutshell, it sucks...but don't be in such a rush to get a vid done that you totally let quality fly out the window.

Now, as for the editing, as I stated before, you didn't use enough scenes..a vid tends to become boring if a scene is longer than 5 seconds...you may want to keep that in mind. Another suggestion is to use a different scene for each lyric, it makes more of an impact with the vid, not to mention it just looks better. Right now the only thing I can positively say about this vid is that you at least kept the aspect ratio, which irritates a lot of people to no end if the ratios don't match for each clip.

As Jag suggested, read a vid making tutorial, there are plenty out there, you just have to search for them.

Now, as for Jag being insulting...I didn't find her post insulting at all...it was honest & I like honesty in a person. Personally, I'd rather someone pick something apart & tell me what they really think other than getting a non-committal "It's great" when it's not. But that's just me cause I'm a masochist.

And why do you try to blame Jag's honesty on being a newbie? I just believe she had the guts to say the truth. Besides, post-count does not necessarily mean newbie, to me it just means a person doesn't post alot...for all you know a so-called "newbie" could have been lurking for a long time...maybe even longer than you've been posting. Think about that.
                    ~Belle~

Comment

Hmm... I'll try it again... thanks for checking.
                      I've just uploaded my vid once again. It's HERE Let's hope you can d/load it this time

Comment

Okay, here's my problem... I've seen parts of Season 1 and 2, but not Season 3 or 4, and PKWs... so I've only seen devious evil Crais... sorry...
                        Crais never was evil, but really furious about the death of his brother, but I know, what you mean.

I hated him for his decision in "That old black magic". He knew exactly, that it wasn't Johns fault, but he wanted to hate him, because John was in his opinion the reason why he lost everything.
                        Oh well, it was his own fault, he chased John and disobyed the orders of High Command, but with blaming John it was much easier.
                        With Talyn everything changed, and it is every time I watch it, wonderful to see, how Crais changes.
                        After while I began to hate Johns almost hysterical blaming and distrust of Crais. I mean, Crais wanted to hunt him down, thatd a big point, but the changes where obvious and John obviously didn't want to see that.

Spoiler for Season 3 "Infinite Possibilities- Icarus Abides" and "Into the Lion's Den - Wolf in Sheep's Clothing"
                        Spoiler:
                        I think, if TalynJohn hadn't died and Crais hadn't died so soon after, he and John could have become real allies or even friends. They are so similar with their stubbornness and their reluctance to accept changes.
                        That's all folks.

Comment

Okay, thanks... as for the deinterlace... I swear I had that on... because it's only when I'm ripping from PKWs that it seems to have problems... I'll have to take a look at it.

What I ended up having trouble with was that I couldn't play the movie as I searched for clips, the movie would stutter incoherently and skip randomly, making it impossible to find what I wanted... which is hard enough on a 3 hour DVD.

I have better luck with my SGA vids because XPMEG behaves for me during those... and I've just had more time to watch those. I done a number of videos.. some better than others, thanks for the constructive critism... I'll try and see if I can make it better.

Anyone got a better program for Movie editing, because all I get is a bunch of $1000 software version when I do it...

Crais never was evil, but really furious about the death of his brother, but I know, what you mean.

I hated him for his decision in "That old black magic". He knew exactly, that it wasn't Johns fault, but he wanted to hate him, because John was in his opinion the reason why he lost everything.
                          Oh well, it was his own fault, he chased John and disobyed the orders of High Command, but with blaming John it was much easier.
                          With Talyn everything changed, and it is every time I watch it, wonderful to see, how Crais changes.
                          After while I began to hate Johns almost hysterical blaming and distrust of Crais. I mean, Crais wanted to hunt him down, thatd a big point, but the changes where obvious and John obviously didn't want to see that.

Spoiler for Season 3 "Infinite Possibilities- Icarus Abides" and "Into the Lion's Den - Wolf in Sheep's Clothing"
                          See, I'm only about half way through Season 2... but while the whole Crais stuff was going on I was kinda irritated with it.... the episode in Season 1 I think with the Vampire dude... grrr.. not my favorite, course it was also the first episode I saw.

I got the vid Formerhost, thanks. Very fun... makes me wish I had the show on DVD. Grrr... curses college expenses and lack of money... grrr...

Comment

See, I'm only about half way through Season 2
                            I catched that Hope you can see the other episodes, especially Season 3 is breathtaking.
                            That's all folks.

Comment

I've just uploaded my vid once again. It's HERE Let's hope you can d/load it this time
                              Sweet, it worked! Pretty nice vid, Formerhost. Not my type of music, but I can definitely appreciate it.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Nice vid FH

I am your father
                                Noooo

Comment

Working...
                                X