Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gwin
    I don't want to see that. One Hynerian works great, but I remember this episode with the female Hynerian and it was horrible. After some time watching the show I had forgotten that Rygel was a puppet, but together with her it was the muppet show. And this would look worse with maybe hundreds of them.
    Well yeah, you're defintely entitled to your opinion. Personally, the "muppet" thing doesn't bother me if done well.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
      At least we got PeaceKeeper Wars out of all of this. That was one hell of a mini-series. I just hope we see another Farscape project in the works someday. Afterall, there are still stories to tell - like Rygel reclaiming his throne, for example.
      This or the Nebari resistance movement. I'd love to see Nerri (Chiana's brother) again.

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
        This or the Nebari resistance movement. I'd love to see Nerri (Chiana's brother) again.
        That could work too. To expand upon what the Nebari had in store for the rest of the galaxy.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Well, I loved both Rygel and Pilot from the start and the Muppets connection didn't exist for me at all, even with female Hynerian in Fractures, actually I felt pity for poor Ryg being so terribly betrayed And after PKW visiting Hyneria is definitely one of the options for future Farscape project. Although they can as well go into the past, I'd love to see D'Argo again.
          Being a muppet fan myself... I honestly don't mind it. I personally like that Rygel (even in PKWs) was still a puppet most of the time. In my mind it adds personality to the character, personality missing from a CGI.

Yes, would love to see D'Argo... and Zhaan... but then we might lose John... grrr! I like how they actually have aliens in the show... and they look alien... hell, one farts helium!
          Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
            ....hell, one farts helium!
            That was such an awesome quirk of Rygel's. Very funny stuff.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
              I would absolutely love to see Rygel retake his throne. After all those years, he deserves to be Dominar again.
              No no no.....
              listen if there was a true sscpaer anywhere in the universe it'd be me but Rygel Retaking his throne!!!!??? are you guys insane????

he complains he does nothing and he stuffs his face...thats him! (sorry could'nt help..)

now i got that outta my system maybe he should retake his throne,think about what he did for John and Aeyrn in PKW..

Comment

Originally posted by Gal-in-Black
                No no no.....
                listen if there was a true sscpaer anywhere in the universe it'd be me but Rygel Retaking his throne!!!!??? are you guys insane????
                Hey, I've been told by several doctors I'm not insane. I just have issues.

Besides, in The PeaceKeeper Wars, Rygel's cousin contacted him anyway about coming back to Hyneria.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I may have issues, but damn... they added that part to PKWs for a reason right? Otherwise it doesn't relate at all...

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                    I may have issues, but damn... they added that part to PKWs for a reason right? Otherwise it doesn't relate at all...
                    Definitely. And Hyneria is definitely going to play an important role in the potential future projects.

Comment

forgive me for my little tyraid....just going into a small bit of farscape detox..(have'nt seen any episodes in a week...)

I just don't like Rygel...

Comment

BTW: does anyone know where I can buy PKW for cheap?

Comment

Target.com.... $10

I don't hate anyone in Farscape... save for maybe Kreis... but we were supposed to hate him...

Comment

Originally posted by Gal-in-Black
                            BTW: does anyone know where I can buy PKW for cheap?
                            http://www.choicesdirect.com/templat...uctGuid=670692

I bought it from them, and its cheaper than amazon.co.uk

@ Cpt. Ritter

I like Crais a lot, especially how he changes.
                            That's all folks.

Comment

Definitely. And Hyneria is definitely going to play an important role in the potential future projects.
                              And that sure would work for me. I think it would be great for John to be messing with Rygel and calling him "Sparky" while Rygel's trying to act serious around his subjects. Afterall, the crew of Moya knows the true Rygel.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Gwin
                                @ Cpt. Ritter

I like Crais a lot, especially how he changes.
                                I also love how Crais changes. This is my first time through FarScape, and, at the moment, I'm nearing the end of Season 3. It's amazing to see how much Crais has changed since the Premeire--especially his relationship with Crichton.

As for Rygel...

I, too, didn't care for him much at first--thought he too selfish. But then, as I continued to watch the series, I also some started to notice some good qualities about him. In fact, many of these characters have their downfalls, but they also have a lot of good qualities, which become stronger over time.
                                sigpic
                                "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                                Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Working...
                                X