• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McClance View Post
    Ben would agree with you on the
    Spoiler:
    woman
    part, according to the trivia on the DVD.
    That should be fun to listen to when I someday actually get the rest of the DVD's

I laughed so hard when he pulled the guns out. That had to have been one of the most awkward and ungraceful scenes that I have seen in a long time, I'm still laughing thinking about it even though the scene was a serious one.
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
      Whoa, I just saw Coupe of Clam, okay Ben is a great looking person but as a
      Spoiler:
      woman
      I'm not so sure.
      Was a fun episode though. Was one of those that really pushed certain tasteful limits, no pun intended on the urine part, but they actually managed to pull it off quite well.
      The title of the episode is Coup By Clam
      T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

I enjoyed what I saw of this show very much, although I thought that the last episode was a huge disappointment. Couldn't they end the show in a more dignified way?

That said, because I enjoyed this show so much I have a huge problem with both Claudia Black and Ben Browder being in SG-1, even if I haven't seen any episodes yet beyond the 4th season. My local network didn't buy the broadcast rights beyond the 4th, so I guess I'll have to get the DVDs instead.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
          I enjoyed what I saw of this show very much, although I thought that the last episode was a huge disappointment. Couldn't they end the show in a more dignified way?
          What are you talking about?

That said, because I enjoyed this show so much I have a huge problem with both Claudia Black and Ben Browder being in SG-1
          Why? Claudia and Ben are ACTORS who just happened to be available when SG-1's TPTB were looking for the cast for season 9 (which was supposed to be the first season of the new show, btw). Did you have problem with Claudia's first, guest appearance in SG-1 season 8 "Prometheus Unbound" (for which episode they wanted another actress originally, and when she wasn't available they asked Claudia to do the part). It's normal in sci-fi genre that actors from one series go to another later, SG-1's producers were familiar with their work on Farscape and knew how great actors they both are (especially Claudia) and that's why they wanted them on their series.

Comment

Are you refereing to "Bad Timing" or PKW when you say "last episode"?

Either way, I couldn't disagree more. But then, we are all entitled to an opinion.

Though, like Farscapefan, I, too, would like to know why you thought the ending wasn't dignified.
            sigpic
            "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
            Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
              The title of the episode is Coup By Clam
              erh, thanks, as I hang my head low in embarassment.

Must have been because I was still laughing at John's character change and just couldn't keep the title straight in my head
              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

The ending seemed rushed somehow, with no proper closure. It's like they found out after they'd written the previous episode that the show wouldn't get renewed, and had to end it in any which way. It's been a while since I last saw the show, so I can't really even remember any details of the ending. All I remember is thinking "Was that it?" when the show ended.

My local network quit broadcasting SG-1 after the 4th season, so I haven't seen the episodes with Ben or Claudia yet. Probably won't either, unless I get the DVDs or download the episodes. Maybe I shouldn't judge before seeing them for myself, but I really hope the characters they play are very different from Farscape. Shouldn't be too hard for Claudia, who was an alien on Farscape, but I'm afraid I'm going to think Crichton when I see Browder (both military type action heroes needing to learn about strange cultures).
                sigpic

Comment

The ending seemed rushed somehow, with no proper closure. It's like they found out after they'd written the previous episode that the show wouldn't get renewed, and had to end it in any which way. It's been a while since I last saw the show, so I can't really even remember any details of the ending. All I remember is thinking "Was that it?" when the show ended.
                  So then you haven't seen the miniseries that better wrap things up (well sort of )
                  Peacekeeper Wars - It was 4 hrs (tv time) and aired in Oct 2004.
                  sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

My local network quit broadcasting SG-1 after the 4th season, so I haven't seen the episodes with Ben or Claudia yet. Probably won't either, unless I get the DVDs or download the episodes. Maybe I shouldn't judge before seeing them for myself, but I really hope the characters they play are very different from Farscape. Shouldn't be too hard for Claudia, who was an alien on Farscape, but I'm afraid I'm going to think Crichton when I see Browder (both military type action heroes needing to learn about strange cultures).
                    When Vala is on screen I don't even remember this is the same actress who played Aeryn. She should a different character and Claudia plays her with such a different energy then Aeryn you really don't see Aeryn when you look at her. Claudia is just amazing

I do see Crichtion in Cameron at times but I think it's because I want too more then anything He's actully more clam, less crazy, less sexual (helps with Chinna not around lol) but he's really fun To be honset when I see Cameron I see Cameron not John so I don't think you really have anything to worry about if you ever see season 9/10

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                    Spoiler:

That was a real heartbreaker watching John trying to keep Aeryn away when you hear the gunshots.
                    Spoiler:
                    Agreed, it was hard to even watch. I love the next episode when Crais telling John how he thinks it happened. I loved when he looked right at the carmra and said"Is this how you think it happened Crichton" I love that! IT made me jump and luagh so hard

Spoiler:

That's in the episode The Choice, later in S3
                    Spoiler:
                    thanks It sounds like a good episode from everything I've been reading. I can't wait to see it.

I found this icon from Won't Get Fooled Again. I actully forgot about about Rygel dressed up like this. It was so funny and just so wrong The icon is by pnr from LJ

Spoiler:
                    Last edited by angelfire east; 03 December 2006, 11:33 PM.
                    Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Originally posted by angelfire east View Post
                      When Vala is on screen I don't even remember this is the same actress who played Aeryn. She should a different character and Claudia plays her with such a different energy then Aeryn you really don't see Aeryn when you look at her. Claudia is just amazing

I do see Crichtion in Cameron at times but I think it's because I want too more then anything He's actully more clam, less crazy, less sexual (helps with Chinna not around lol) but he's really fun To be honset when I see Cameron I see Cameron not John so I don't think you really have anything to worry about if you ever see season 9/10
                      Do certain manerisms or expressions or the way certain words are said remind you of Aeryn and/or Crichton? I find that, sometimes.
                      sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                      "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                      My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                        Do certain manerisms or expressions or the way certain words are said remind you of Aeryn and/or Crichton? I find that, sometimes.
                        Yes with Cameron/Crichtion but not very often with Vala/Aeryn.
                        Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Yeah, I think I've only noticed once with Aeryn/Vala.

And that was on Company of Theives, with this one look.

Spoiler:

Earlier I saw Won't Be Fooled Again. It was an interesting, and kinda really funny episode. Deffinately gonna be one of the first ones I watch again once I've finished watching them all.
                          sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                          "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                          My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

I find that too, but only in Ben's case.

Comment

Yeah, I think I've only noticed once with Aeryn/Vala.

And that was on Company of Theives, with this one look.

Spoiler:

Earlier I saw Won't Be Fooled Again. It was an interesting, and kinda really funny episode. Deffinately gonna be one of the first ones I watch again once I've finished watching them all.
                              Won't Get Fooled Again episode was filmed 6 years ago... As for me, with this look Vala reminds me... Vala in Beachhead episode

Comment

So then you haven't seen the miniseries that better wrap things up (well sort of )
                                Peacekeeper Wars - It was 4 hrs (tv time) and aired in Oct 2004.
                                Thanks for the tip Thunderstorm! No, I hadn't seen the miniseries, as it never aired here. I'm going to have to see if it's available in region 2 DVD...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X