Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by penguininablender View Post
    lol, another that I have become used to using is.."you're not real...you're all figments!" I know that's not exact, but it's from out of their minds.
    "I'll wake up in my royal bedchamber, surrounded by my concubines..." I think that's the rest of the line

cshawzye, I agree with everything you said regarding CB. If I didn't absolutely think she was already fantastic before, certainly "Infinite Possibilities" sealed it for all the reasons you mentioned.

Someone else mentioned "The Choice." That's one of those episodes
    Spoiler:
    that actually made my stomach hurt, I felt Aeryn's pain so deeply. Again, though, it shows how much emotion she can convey throught stillness.

To me, season 3 was really a feast for the Aeryn-holics among us

Comment

Originally posted by angelfire east View Post
      Saw Relativity today:
      Spoiler:
      Originally posted by angelfire east
      One thing for Crais as much of a jerk as he is, he did the right thing (killing her, telling John to take her away so she won't have to see it).
      That was a real heartbreaker watching John trying to keep Aeryn away when you hear the gunshots.

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by angelfire east
      I hear some where that Aeryn meets her father so does that mean he's alive or was that person wrong?
      That's in the episode The Choice, later in S3
      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post
        Someone else mentioned "The Choice." That's one of those episodes
        Spoiler:
        that actually made my stomach hurt, I felt Aeryn's pain so deeply. Again, though, it shows how much emotion she can convey throught stillness.

No doubt. Claudia was excellent so many times on Farscape, but that episode was definitely one of her best IMO.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

*bounces in* Hi *waves*

I just recently bought all of Farscape on DVD. I just finished season 1. I just started season 2 YAY! One of the reasons I love this show is because it doesn't do all the things that most TV shows do. Like the whole "Last season on..." But I'm like speechless, simply cause I haven't seen it in so long that I don't really remember what happened. So Yay!Exciting!

Heh. *waves* Bye *bounces out*
          sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
          "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
          My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

* drops on in*
            sigpic
            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
              *bounces in* Hi *waves*

I just recently bought all of Farscape on DVD. I just finished season 1. I just started season 2 YAY! One of the reasons I love this show is because it doesn't do all the things that most TV shows do. Like the whole "Last season on..." But I'm like speechless, simply cause I haven't seen it in so long that I don't really remember what happened. So Yay!Exciting!

Oo, there are so many great episodes coming up for you. Hope you enjoy them (I know I did). I'm still working my way through season 3 which is great.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
              "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

In the meantime you can read Claudia's interviews about Farscape
                T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

*bounces in* Hi *waves*

Enjoy the seasons then. And come back anytime. The more the merrier around here.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

*waves*

I have a question about the DVDs Do you have to buy all of them, like the starburst edditions and stuff, to get all the commentaries?

Thanks.
                    sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                    "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping

Comment

*waves*

I have a question about the DVDs Do you have to buy all of them, like the starburst edditions and stuff, to get all the commentaries?

Thanks.
                      Well, IMO, the Starburst Editions are the best way to go. Cheaper overall too than buying the show any other way. The Starburst Editions have a lot of new content on them.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Well, the starburst editions aren't available in NZ... well that I know of. I bought the box seasons.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, the starburst editions aren't available in NZ... well that I know of. I bought the box seasons.
                          You can buy them online. Amazon.com as far as I know accepts cheques too, not only credit cards.
                          T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post
                            Couldn't agree more since I've seen the entire season now. All of the episodes were good IMO. A few "meh" moments here and there but not too many.

"The Choice" was amazing. Claudia did such a great job in this episode. But so did everyone around her. Costuming and make-up was right on. It totally enhanced everything that was going on at the time.
                            Spoiler:
                            Aeryn going off on the Crais and Stark was so powerful. I think it really showed how vulnerable she really is under that tough peace keeper exterior. I thought it was nice seeing Rygel interact with Aeryn when she was standing on the ledge. Stark hearing Zhaan was rather interesting ... Was very moving seeing Aeryn confront her mother along with everything else she was feeling in terms of the loss of Crichton.
                            All over I think this was just a great episode.

"Fractures" ... Thought it was great again here seeing the transformation of Aeryn. From wearing her hair down to going back to the tight tied back look of the peacekeeper that she had in the beginning. The costuming, hair and makeup department again did a great job
                            Spoiler:
                            It's so heartbreaking seeing the reunion of Moya Crichton and Aeryn. Especially after seeing Crichton running around the ship so excited for their return. It's so easy to forget while watching the other episodes that this Crichton has the exact feelings for Aeryn that the one who was on Tayln with her had. Although it was great seeing Aeryn stand up with Crichton in the end.
                            Interesting episode! Oh poor Rygel!

"Into the Lion's Den," great run of episodes here too.
                            Spoiler:
                            I loved seeing Aeryn confront her Peacekeeper past. Especially the old friend she deals with on the carrier. As well in dealing with the injured child, the change in Aeryn is really apparent when it's held up against her former schooling. It was nice to get the oppourtunity to see that. Crichton is getting rather daring as well and it was interesting watching the realtionship between him and Scorpious. A very interesting progression seeing him come into the wormhole knowledge not right away by at a safer speed on his own. The confrontation with Scorpious at the end of the episode was also rather thrilling to watch.

Then there is "Dog with Two Bones" ... Another moving episode. It was great to see the personality of Moya coming through.
                            Spoiler:
                            Very hard to watch Crichton trying to merge his two realities together. Also difficult knowing that they're not going to fit together. Then having to choose! Eek! The scenes nearing the end between Crichton and Aeryn on Moya "do you love John Crichton" ... "Do You love Aeryn Sun" "Beyond Hope" Gah! I can't count the number of times this show has brought tears to my eyes now. Then to find out she's pregnant and loose Moya! I couldn't believe it. This show just doesn't give up anything easily.

All in all I have to say I loved season three. All the ups and downs and character development in this season were spectacularly put together. A definite A+ from me!

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                            "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Whoa, I just saw Coupe of Clam, okay Ben is a great looking person but as a
                              Spoiler:
                              woman
                              I'm not so sure.
                              Was a fun episode though. Was one of those that really pushed certain tasteful limits, no pun intended on the urine part, but they actually managed to pull it off quite well.
                              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                                Whoa, I just saw Coupe of Clam, okay Ben is a great looking person but as a
                                Spoiler:
                                woman
                                I'm not so sure.
                                Was a fun episode though. Was one of those that really pushed certain tasteful limits, no pun intended on the urine part, but they actually managed to pull it off quite well.
                                Ben would agree with you on the
                                Spoiler:
                                woman
                                part, according to the trivia on the DVD.
                                sigpic
                                "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                                Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Working...
                                X