Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joshing123 View Post
    Thanks. I knew I'd heard it before, but the character just throws out so many random (and funny) lines like that it's very hard to keep track! I love the way the others just ignore him most of the time.
    LOL! Its because they have no idea what he's talking about but they've
    grown so used to him not making sense that they don't even respond anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Congrats! I'm sure you are very happy. It's nice to know you have them all, isn't it?
      Thank you! I was realllllly happy then really depressed about it and after just watching PK Wars once again it only satisfied me by pissing me off LOL but I don't have to go there as to why but it is nice most definitely!

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
      It does feel good doesn't it? My collection was just recently completed as well! Can't wait to watch it all. Yet at the same time I don't want to go too quickly because eventually I'm going to run out of new episodes to watch. Want to make sure I appreciate all of the brand new to me episodes left.
      Oooo yeah and congrats to you as well. As I got every starburst I refused to watch them out of synch or fast foward it was like I was sitting down for the first time and watching them, and if I got like season 3.2 before season 3.1 I would not watch it HAHAHa. I was terrible.

I am happy I just finished my last drawing and it has been a while and it's just a shipper picture hahah because John and Aeryn really bring the romanatic side out of me (there like the only couple that has succeeded in doing that!) Anyways wanted to share with my scaper buddies hope you like it.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        They canceled it because they are a bunch of idiots at Sci-Fi, that's why. They've proved that yet again with what they've done to SG-1, and how they're starting to screw up their other shows.

it was cancelled because sci fi was having problems and couldn't fund it and the people who owned henson at the time couldn't bridge the gap

BUT brian henson has said that if PKW makes enough he is looking into continuing the thing, if you notice PKW leaves some things, so we might get more, we can hope, and pray to the science fiction gods <rodenberry, card and the holy asimov> that more may be forthcoming

Comment

I'm a huge Farscape fan and a pretty new one too. MY favorite character is John. There no character who I don't like so far. Though Dra'go(Sp) son rubbed me the wrong way a bit.

I first saw bits and pieces of the PeaceKeeper Wars the last time it aired on Space. Mostly I saw the end and I found it really interesting and wished I could watch the seires but I couldn't find it on any of the channels I had.

Happily I finally found it on A-Channel one day not too long ago I caught the end half of season 1 Nerve. The next day I finally got to watch a full episode, which was The Hidden Memory which I loved! Some of season 2's episodes where aired out of order and some where skipped. Right now the last episode I've seen is Losing Time.

My favorite episode has to be Crackers Don't Matter:

Spoiler:
          Ben was so funny, everyone was so funny; As was Aeryn. I loved it when she was pointing the gun at her own head while yelling at John. Oh and John singing about how he wants ice cream. I loved his line "here's Johnny!" and since "hallucinations" of Scorpius, those where really fun. And the fight with Aeryn when he ended up taking her down

Crichton: Hell, hell, hell, this is becoming a problem you're gonna need professional help with. First you betray the peacekeepers and every vow you've made since you were born and now poor Sparky here.
          (Crichton laughs)
          Tell me Princess when you're old and fat will you have anything to look back on with pride?
          Aeryn: Is that it? Well don't stop, why don't you make another speech... you self-important officious little man! All you ever do is talk; your father was the hero you know! He did things! You, you're just the test monkey that screwed up your first experiment!
          Crichton: (laughs) That is good
          Aeryn: Yeah
          Crichton: That is fantastic, coming from a frigid, flatfooted, peacekeeper skank!
          Scorpius: Kill her, then we'll have pizza and margarita shooters. Go on John, kill her, do it, do it!
          Crichton: No one has margaritas with pizza
          Scorpius: (Sighs) You're out of your mind John
          Crichton: I know
          (Crichton shoots at Scorpius's head, which breaks up into hundreds of heads floating and bouncing around the screen)
          Aeryn: Are you cracking up little man?
          Crichton: Ah
          Aeryn: Hello.....
          Crichton: I'm alright Aeryn listen to me
          Aeryn: Oh no, no, no, I am tired of having to always listen to you
          Crichton: Aeryn...listen I just shot Scorpius
          Aeryn: Shut up! You're wrong you know, when I am old and fat...when I am old, there is one thing I will look back on with enormous pride and that is killing you.
          Crichton: Aeryn he wanted me to shoot you
          (Aeryn fires and deliberately misses, John fires away from Aeryn...then they start shooting for real!)

Also John getting all dressed up to T'raltixx was so funny. I loved his outfit LOL
          Last edited by angelfire east; 28 November 2006, 09:58 PM.
          Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Originally posted by angelfire east View Post
            I'm a huge Farscape fan and a pretty new one too. MY favorite character is John. There no character who I don't like so far. Though Dra'go(Sp) son rubbed me the wrong way a bit.

I first saw bits and pieces of the PeaceKeeper Wars the last time it aired on Space. Mostly I saw the end and I found it really interesting and wished I could watch the seires but I couldn't find it on any of the channels I had.

Happily I finally found it on A-Channel one day not too long ago I caught the end half of season 1 Nerve. The next day I finally got to watch a full episode, which was The Hidden Memory which I loved! Some of season 2's episodes where aired out of order and some where skipped. Right now the last episode I've seen is Losing Time.

My favorite episode has to be Crackers Don't Matter:
            Farscape is on AChannel??? When!? What time?!!??!??!?!?!?!? I caught a few eps on the since demised UPN awhile back, never seen it anywhere else.

Comment

it's on CW weird hours

Comment

I've been catching the show on FOX, where I started watching it a year and two months ago. 12 midnight, Sunday-Monday

And, it seems CW in my area switched the remastered Star Trek to another time (I hope ), so I can now enjoy it again.
                sigpic
                "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

The show is in syndication, at least in the US, so it's not necessarily on the same network or on at the same time in different areas. I actually get it on the former UPN, now MyNetwork station, but it's also on another channel that's part of my satellite package.

Comment

About Losing Time

Spoiler:
                    I really liked this episode, The DRD was funny, I was sad when it was destoryed at the end of the episode. Chiana was great, Jool is such a whinner LOL D'Argo is again a brillant friend. The star bust chamber is beautiful; I loved Moya helping the crew save Ploit (as well as them). I felt really bad for the young alien, I'm not sure whether it was evil or not, if it really would have killed Chiana if they didn't go back and 'demon' inside Ploit was killed. I loved the way it spoke when it showed itself, and maying John have orgasms to prove it was not evil. Good reacion there was BB, I love the way he said "good god" then later the way he rambed really fast about it to Chiana. The DRD trying to waking Chiana up was fun too

Does Scorpius have a "john" in his head like Crichton has of him??! Guess I'll find out soon enough. (hopefully). That was so nasty when that Sebaceans lose integrity and become goo when they attempt re-entry into a wormhole. How does this effact Aeryn? She was in a wormhole though not in the same way they trying to to. And an war is coming

And what was up with Chiana knowing D'rgo was coming without being told. Was it just she knows him so well or something else?

Quotes I liked:

D'Argo: Girls, we'll all sit down and watch John. Off we go...
                    Chiana: What if I have to piss?
                    D'Argo: Well then, we will all urinate together.
                    Chiana: You promise?" [laughs]
                    Jool: Ugghhhh!

D'Argo: This plan is so bad it has to be ours.

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                    Farscape is on AChannel??? When!? What time?!!??!??!?!?!?!? I caught a few eps on the since demised UPN awhile back, never seen it anywhere else.
                    Week days at noon PT; on all the A-Channel's (if you have StarChoice). I can't find it on at any other time or channel. I don't get the CW so I have no clue about that.
                    Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Week days at noon PT; on all the A-Channel's (if you have StarChoice). I can't find it on at any other time or channel. I don't get the CW so I have no clue about that.
                      StarChoice? What's that? But cool that it's on a Canadian channel!

Comment

About Losing Time

Spoiler:
                        I really liked this episode, The DRD was funny, I was sad when it was destoryed at the end of the episode. Chiana was great, Jool is such a whinner LOL D'Argo is again a brillant friend. The star bust chamber is beautiful; I loved Moya helping the crew save Ploit (as well as them). I felt really bad for the young alien, I'm not sure whether it was evil or not, if it really would have killed Chiana if they didn't go back and 'demon' inside Ploit was killed. I loved the way it spoke when it showed itself, and maying John have orgasms to prove it was not evil. Good reacion there was BB, I love the way he said "good god" then later the way he rambed really fast about it to Chiana. The DRD trying to waking Chiana up was fun too

Does Scorpius have a "john" in his head like Crichton has of him??! Guess I'll find out soon enough. (hopefully). That was so nasty when that Sebaceans lose integrity and become goo when they attempt re-entry into a wormhole. How does this effact Aeryn? She was in a wormhole though not in the same way they trying to to. And an war is coming

And what was up with Chiana knowing D'rgo was coming without being told. Was it just she knows him so well or something else?

Quotes I liked:

D'Argo: Girls, we'll all sit down and watch John. Off we go...
                        Chiana: What if I have to piss?
                        D'Argo: Well then, we will all urinate together.
                        Chiana: You promise?" [laughs]
                        Jool: Ugghhhh!

D'Argo: This plan is so bad it has to be ours.
                        I agree with everything you said there about "Losing Time". Especially the part about Moya! I always love it when the writers involve my favorite Leviathan in the stories.
                        sigpic
                        "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                        Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Farscape plays here on A-channel at 3pm. I watched it once on that channel but got annoyed by the commericals so I just went back to my dvds. T.V. shows on dvd have really spoiled me I guess.

So, last night I watched "Revenging Angel." Which is a strange episode, to say the least. I wasn't sure I really liked the episode at first. I decided though I should at least try and give it a chance and once I did I thought it was great. I think at first I just didn't realize what they were getting at. In terms of character I think this was another shining example of Farscape goodness.
                          Spoiler:
                          While I watch most of this season I often forget that there are actually two Crichtons. While watching the realtionship that grows between Aeryn and Talyn's Crichton I forget about the Crichton on Moya. I also forget that Moya's Crichton has the exact same feelings for Aeryn as Tayln's John. When one really thinks about it it's a rather sticky situation. And now since Infinite Possibilities, I think it's a very interesting dynamic that's being set up. Which I'm very excited to watch play out. As well it was nice seeing a bit of a friendship or something spark between D'Argo and Jool. While watching some of the episodes that happen aboard Talyn it would be easy to forget about some of the other characters since many of those are so heavily focused on the realtionship between Aeryn and Talyn's Crichton. It was really nice to see them show another growing experience between characters.

There were a lot of great character moments in this episode that I could spend a really long time talking about. Suffice it to say, even with the shaky start, I think Farscape delivered another stellar episode.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                          "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            While I watch most of this season I often forget that there are actually two Crichtons.
                            One of the bad things about watching a show so out of order, is that I saw most of season 4 before I saw (or at least knew much about) what happened in season 3.

Spoiler:
                            I had very mixed feelings when I watched the twinned Crichton episodes. I loved seeing John and Aeryn together, but I also knew that he wasn't the Crichton I'd been watching in season 4 who loved Aeryn so much and I felt bad for Moya John and a bit guilty for liking them together. I almost felt like she was cheating on the John I knew she'd end up with and was even kind of pissed at Talyn John for it. I didn't know how the Aeryn and John had reconciled everything when I watched those and I was a little disappointed in how they kind of glossed over it.

Also, funny as the episode was, I was pissed at Moya John in the episode where they were drunk and dancing with the women. Even though BB in fishnets was just a hilarious sight!

Only in a science fiction show as weird as this could a person have these kind of mixed feelings.

Comment

yeah so did i
                              sigpic
                              Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                                I agree with everything you said there about "Losing Time". Especially the part about Moya! I always love it when the writers involve my favorite Leviathan in the stories.
                                As do I I really love when the character interact with Moya like this and Look at the Princess (2): I Do, I Think and other episodes.

Saw Relativity today:

Spoiler:
                                This was a good episode, I liked it but it's not on my favorites list. I love Crais (man Lani Tupu is so sexy). I'm really happy his true motive is finally revealed cause I wasn't buying his excuses lol The John/Aeryn moring after fun, I love how John bugged Rygel. Stark gigging creeped me out a little but it was fun I love that they incuded Zhaan in this episode. Stark's patch work lol I felt really bad for Ayern. Her mother was turned out to be a bad guy. Aeryn grow up wanting to be the person she met for only a fe mintues who she thought she might have dreamed up. I wonder if more then just Xhalax Sun life/caeer was in danger when the Peacekeepers found out about her little vist and fouced her to hill her lover. I kept hoping that be some humanty(sp) and love left in her for Aeryn but there wasn't. I don't doutb she'd keep hurting them and kill them. One thing for Crais as much of a jerk as he is, he did the right thing (killing her, telling John to take her away so she won't have to see it). I hear some where that Aeryn meets her father so does that mean he's alive or was that person wrong?

oh yeah I loved John's comment about mazes and his ex. Also seeing Scorpius again is fun

John: OK, welcome to the butthole of the universe

Comment

Working...
                                X