No announcement yet.

Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted this earlier, but I guess it got eaten when GW was having it's problems..

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post
    I didn't think it was horrible-it just didn't feel quite "right", especially the first couple of hours.
    Being relatively new to the show, I was hesitant to comment on my disappointment with PK Wars (and not just the lack of DVD extras), which I finally watched this weekend (we don't celebrate thanksgiving, so I had a long weekend to watch a lot of Farscape!).

I liked it, but it just didn't seem as good as most of the episodes. And it felt very rushed, which I understand, but still. There were also a few things that I didn't see explanations for, but may have just missed.

Spoiler:

Did they ever explain the change in Sikozu's appearance? The hair is one thing, but they took off the body paint & put tattoos.

Did they clarify if the baby's father was John pre or post-twinning? I would think it was important. Aeryn & pre-twin John only slept together once before she found out she was pregnant, right?

This one's a complaint - the whole birth scene was just too much. Despite the line about the knife to cut her clothes, they didn't even pretend to hide the fact that she was wearing pants when she supposedly gave birth. Pants that were tight and in tact when she was running in them a few minutes later. It was just too unrealistic and really hurt the movie for me.

On the other hand, I also watched and loved the LATP & LG&M trilogies - both excellent. Especially the first LG&M episode. Bad ass!

But the best episode I saw this weekend was Die Me, Dichotomy. The Aeryn & John scenes were just heart breaking.

And Ben Browder does a great going insane!

Comment

Originally posted by joshing123 View Post

i think that was one of the strong points of the show!
      i really like the fact that he seemed to be perpetually on the verge of a nervous breakdown!

''where's my damn ice-cream?!''
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mayogaelz View Post
        i really like the fact that he seemed to be perpetually on the verge of a nervous breakdown!

Ooh, that was hysterical!

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
          Just saw "The Way We Weren't".....wow, such an emotional, dark episode.

It's AMAZING how much feeling and emotion that a puppet can portray, I just completly forget that pilot isn't real, because his eyes are so.....emotive. And Claudia was absolutly wonderful.

And what a tease at the end.....when the shots kept going back and forth, back and forth between Crichton and Aeryn I kept expecting something to happen.
          http://terrafirmascapers.com/index.php?topic=13258.0

Scroll down a little bit to posts by Firecracker analysing TWWW in a wider context.
          T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
            http://terrafirmascapers.com/index.php?topic=13258.0

Scroll down a little bit to posts by Firecracker analysing TWWW in a wider context.
            Ooh thanks!

Comment

I must say when I've noticed original Russian names in Peacekeepers' database in The Flax episode, I was shocked a little bit, but it started made sense after I accidentally discovered this Lissitsky's propaganda poster and started to think about it. Firecracker's analysis on this subject are really brilliant.
              T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Actually I think Ben Browder does the best going insane scenes that I have ever seen. He just conveys the emotion and the struggle to hang on better than any actor I have seen. He just seems to draw you into his struggle.
                Damn such good acting, why did they have to cancel Farscape (retorical comment, doesn't really need an answer )
                sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

lol ... that was one of my favourites. It's something that's melted into my vocabulary too. Along with Frell and Dren. I think my parents and fiance think I'm the one whose going insane! Well, as long as I am I'm gonna have a little fun along the way.

So I saw "Infinite Possibilities (1): Daedalus Demands" and "Infinite Possibilities (2): Icarus Abides" last night. Great episodes! And it's now offical, CB is my all time favourite actress. The range of emotions she portrays is amazing, but more about that later. I'm really enjoying this season. It was nice to see some old characters back in the episode. One of the things I appreciate about this show is how things have far reaching consequences. And again with the character driven focus of the show. The development within these episodes was at once both exciting and heartbreaking. It was interesting to see all the different sides of Aeryn that emerged here...
                  Spoiler:
                  The side that's the kick-ass woman showing Rygel how to use that weapon. As well as the fighter, battling side-by-side with Crichton. But then the one who curls up beside him after he's died. The way she hesitated to shoot when the Scorpius clone was making it's last ditch effort to not be the only one to die. Or telling him that's she's angry that he's ended up dying. It's such a great juxtaposition of REAL emotions. She's not just the kick-ass leading lady of hero of the show, but, an authentic character with all the up and downs and in betweens.
                  So far it's been a really great ride with Aeryn and I'm very much looking forward to seeing where things go. Ben also did a great job.
                  Spoiler:
                  It was nice to see Crichton be the one with all the knowledge and know-how in terms of the technology he was dealing with. Instead of the guy just trying to survive. Also I thought the end scene of part two where he lay dying was acted so beautifully.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                  "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
                    Speaking of new episodes to me ... Saw Green Eyed Monster. Great episode. I think Ben did a fantastic job both as actor and writer. Great character development in the episode too. It was really well shot as well. All the different angles and pieces really enhanced the writing in this particular episode.
                    Have you watched it with the commentary? Ben has some GREAT comments on this episode. He is such a romantic. : sigh :
                    So I saw "Infinite Possibilities (1): Daedalus Demands" and "Infinite Possibilities (2): Icarus Abides" last night. Great episodes! And it's now offical, CB is my all time favourite actress. The range of emotions she portrays is amazing, but more about that later.
                    You're going to enjoy the rest of the season. Claudia has some really tough meaty scenes. You'll probably be watching The Choice soon and it's all about Aeryn.
                    Spoiler:
                    She's mourning Crichton and contemplating suicide. The 1st time I saw it I didn't like it. Maybe it was I was still feeling the effects of his death, I'm not sure. But then I watched it later and I was really moved with her portrayal of the overwhelming misery she was in (and as usually with Farscape an overidding arc for the rest of the season). She's outwardly emotionless, yet you can feel the sadness.
                    sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                      Actually I think Ben Browder does the best going insane scenes that I have ever seen. He just conveys the emotion and the struggle to hang on better than any actor I have seen. He just seems to draw you into his struggle.
                      Damn such good acting, why did they have to cancel Farscape (retorical comment, doesn't really need an answer )
                      They canceled it because they are a bunch of idiots at Sci-Fi, that's why. They've proved that yet again with what they've done to SG-1, and how they're starting to screw up their other shows.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I haven't watched all the eps yet (much less gotten to second viewings), but I'm pretty sure I remember that line. Which episode was that?

Comment

It's something that's melted into my vocabulary too. Along with Frell and Dren.

It's sad how that happens isn't it. I occassionally use frak as well. The other day I thought to myself that a certain person was such a tralc (sp?)!

My friends are not sci-fi people so they already think I'm weird. At this point when I say strange words they just kind of give me a funny look & move on!

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                            Have you watched it with the commentary? Ben has some GREAT comments on this episode. He is such a romantic. : sigh :
                            I started to watch it but got called away. From what I heard it was turning into a pretty good commentary. I'm gonna have to go back and watch the whole thing now.

I haven't watched all the eps yet (much less gotten to second viewings), but I'm pretty sure I remember that line. Which episode was that?
                            The "where's my damn ice cream" is from s2's "Cracker's Don't Matter." Another great episode.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                            "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

The "where's my damn ice cream" is from s2's "Cracker's Don't Matter." Another great episode.
                              Thanks. I knew I'd heard it before, but the character just throws out so many random (and funny) lines like that it's very hard to keep track! I love the way the others just ignore him most of the time.

Comment

Thanks. I knew I'd heard it before, but the character just throws out so many random (and funny) lines like that it's very hard to keep track! I love the way the others just ignore him most of the time.
                                lol, another that I have become used to using is.."you're not real...you're all figments!" I know that's not exact, but it's from out of their minds.

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
                                hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
                                Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                                OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

Working...
                                X