Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
    lol sounds like Firefly
    They both have an offbeat feel to them but "Firefly" still has a definite Captain and chain of command. "Firefly" was never given time to completely develop all it's parts but there are definitely similarities between the two.

And, of course, Farscape has aliens. So maybe it's Firefly by way of the cantina scene in Star Wars. I think John and Aeryn even say "sorry about the mess" in one episode after they blow something up.

Comment

Its said twice. The first time its said by Aeryn in "PK tech Girl" after she faced the Sheyang, the second time John and Aeryn say it together in "Beware of dog" after killing the parasites. And the look they give each otherr afte saying that is hilarious.

I wouldn't compare Firefly to Farscape. In Firefly the main caharcters are in a way part of the system. They travel through "Charted Territories", they know the people there, know the "underground". When there is a problem they leave, but its not a straight flight into the middle of nowhere.
      They are hunted, but not like John and the others who are all known by face, whose ship is known, etc. So they can still travel around, even to a core world.
      The only character who is comparable is River. She is hunted like John because she has abilities others want, her mind is twisted like Johns and she does unexpected things like John.
      The difference between them is that John hasn't from the beginning one who cares for him, who would die for him. So its more complicated for him.
      That's all folks.

Comment

*sighs and weeps for the future of the folks just getting into season 3*

Comment

Originally posted by Gwin View Post
          Its said twice. The first time its said by Aeryn in "PK tech Girl" after she faced the Sheyang, the second time John and Aeryn say it together in "Beware of dog" after killing the parasites. And the look they give each otherr afte saying that is hilarious.

I wouldn't compare Firefly to Farscape. In Firefly the main caharcters are in a way part of the system. They travel through "Charted Territories", they know the people there, know the "underground". When there is a problem they leave, but its not a straight flight into the middle of nowhere.
          They are hunted, but not like John and the others who are all known by face, whose ship is known, etc. So they can still travel around, even to a core world.
          The only character who is comparable is River. She is hunted like John because she has abilities others want, her mind is twisted like Johns and she does unexpected things like John.
          The difference between them is that John hasn't from the beginning one who cares for him, who would die for him. So its more complicated for him.

Plot-wise they're not very similar, other than a bunch of disparate people on a ship. But, in Firefly, everyone is there by choice. In FS...not so much.

I'd say in quirky characterization and good dialogue, they are similar, though.

Comment

In that case they are similar, but that is a similarity that doesn't say much about Farscape when you know Firefly or the other way round.

But, in Firefly, everyone is there by choice. In FS...not so much.
            Very, very important point. Because of that the relationships between the characters evolve in another way than in Firefly, its a totally different situation.
            And I mean, the Farscape crew needed three seasons and a couple of episodes to get a captain.
            That's all folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwin View Post
              In that case they are similar, but that is a similarity that doesn't say much about Farscape when you know Firefly or the other way round.

Very, very important point. Because of that the relationships between the characters evolve in another way than in Firefly, its a totally different situation.
              And I mean, the Farscape crew needed three seasons and a couple of episodes to get a captain.
              Well, I primarily made the point in response to the comment of "sounds like Firefly." Mmm...yes and...no.

Don't get me started on character relationships in Farscape! Lord! LOL. I don't need to fill more cyberspace with those conversations.

Although...I always liked the fact, at least from the start, that 4/5 of the "crew" (for lack of a better word) wanted to go home so they had the same goal, yet their homes weren't in the same place so, naturally, conflicting goals (*cough* DNA Mad Scientist* cough*). And, of course, the person who had no hope of ever returning to her old life had no choice but to look forward to the unknown. Ironically (of course), she was the least emotionally equipped to think in any fashion other than how she was trained.

Ah...I love Aeryn Sun. I love Farscape.

Although, I never thought they should have gotten a captain. That felt sort of contrived; season 4 didn't quite work for me all the way around, though. The election of a captain almost seemd like a way to keep certain characters central to the story.

Comment

I just want to announce my collection is COMPLETE and I have all the episodes including PK Wars so I am happy just thought I’d share that news

Comment

Originally posted by CCA View Post
                  I just want to announce my collection is COMPLETE and I have all the episodes including PK Wars so I am happy just thought I’d share that news
                  Congrats! I'm sure you are very happy. It's nice to know you have them all, isn't it?
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Just thought I'd wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

It does feel good doesn't it? My collection was just recently completed as well! Can't wait to watch it all. Yet at the same time I don't want to go too quickly because eventually I'm going to run out of new episodes to watch. Want to make sure I appreciate all of the brand new to me episodes left.

Speaking of new episodes to me ... Saw Green Eyed Monster. Great episode. I think Ben did a fantastic job both as actor and writer. Great character development in the episode too. It was really well shot as well. All the different angles and pieces really enhanced the writing in this particular episode. Season 3 is quickly becoming my favourite so far. I also just recently finished watching Relativity. I thought it was a good episode. I kind of see Crichton as coming into his own. And Aeryn! Oh Aeryn! There is so much to say. I think I'll hold off though until I've seen the rest of the season. So far though I don't think I've disliked or just thought "meh" about an episode yet. Great stuff.

And yes! Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans on the thread! Hope it's filled with lots of friends, family and laughter!

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                      "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
                        Speaking of new episodes to me ... Saw Green Eyed Monster. Great episode. I think Ben did a fantastic job both as actor and writer. Great character development in the episode too. It was really well shot as well. All the different angles and pieces really enhanced the writing in this particular episode. Season 3 is quickly becoming my favourite so far. I also just recently finished watching Relativity. I thought it was a good episode. I kind of see Crichton as coming into his own. And Aeryn! Oh Aeryn! There is so much to say. I think I'll hold off though until I've seen the rest of the season. So far though I don't think I've disliked or just thought "meh" about an episode yet. Great stuff.
                        I'm glad you're enjoying things so much on the show. It truly was a one-of-a-kind show. I've never seen anything like it before, and probably never will again.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I still need to pick up PK Wars.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater View Post
                            I'm just dying to watch my copy....however, the library hs sent me the wrong set, so I haven't seen any new Farscape since Halloween.

I need my fix!

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater View Post
                              Get Region 2 (UK) version. More interviews.
                              T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

I need to get the pk wars too.
                                sigpic
                                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Working...
                                X