Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by penguininablender View Post
    Nice description, very nicely said
    thank you. Big tip o' the hat to Television without Pity's jacob for his apt description.

If you all are interested, you should check out the recaps. His in particular can be very insightful.

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post
      thank you. Big tip o' the hat to Television without Pity's jacob for his apt description.

If you all are interested, you should check out the recaps. His in particular can be very insightful.
      Ooh Jacob is awsome! I *heart* his BSG re-caps. Have to look out for his Farscape ones, I think I read one.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
        Ooh Jacob is awsome! I *heart* his BSG re-caps. Have to look out for his Farscape ones, I think I read one.
        Here's the link to the Farscape index. Jacob has done season 4 from ep 12 thru 18, so far, and an assorted amount of season 1 PLUS Die, Me Dichotomy. I don't always agree with all his analysis, but still, it's thought provoking.

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com...gory_2797.html

Not to knock the other folks, but Jacob just really seems to love this show, and gives it his all the way he does with Battlestar.

His American Idol recaps are pure snark.

Comment

I highly recommend it. I will say it's nothing like SG1 if you're expecting that kind of show. It's messier--chaotic, no rules, lots of fighting among the crew, no chain of command. The characters for the most part are ruled by their hearts and emotions, not their brains and logic.
          I would definitely recommend it as well. Nothing wrong with giving it a try.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

my favorite chars had to be harvey, d'argo <not angry serious d'argo, fun michevious d'argo, the side of him who knocked out john's cousin> and pilot

I think it could have gone into a spin off series, or simply continued after the peacekeeper wars, it was getting stronger as a series, the line "he took the knowledge of wormhole weapons" just begged for the response, "well what about that whole traveling business"

Comment

Here's the link to the Farscape index. Jacob has done season 4 from ep 12 thru 18, so far, and an assorted amount of season 1 PLUS Die, Me Dichotomy. I don't always agree with all his analysis, but still, it's thought provoking.

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com...gory_2797.html

Not to knock the other folks, but Jacob just really seems to love this show, and gives it his all the way he does with Battlestar.

His American Idol recaps are pure snark.
              I have read some TWoP recaps by others, but his really stand out as being insightful, and funny, and he obviously knows what he's talking about when he's analyzing the shows, not being just there to make fun of them (so when he does it's all the more amusing). Definitly really enjoyable reads. I think I read the one for A Human Reaction that he did.

Now, snarky idol re-caps.....could use some mindless entertainment....

Comment

Well, you're probably asking the "wrong" people if you should watch it, since all here have watched it and loved what they've seen, whether it's all of it or part of it.

I highly recommend it. I will say it's nothing like SG1 if you're expecting that kind of show. It's messier--chaotic, no rules, lots of fighting among the crew, no chain of command. The characters for the most part are ruled by their hearts and emotions, not their brains and logic.
                lol sounds like Firefly
                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
                  Amazon UK (www.amazon.co.uk) accepts cheques. And you can buy THE WHOLE SERIES (all four seasons + Peacekeeper Wars) for 179,99 GBP.
                  Thanks! I'll have to check there.

Okay, on with the show...

Someone should have warned me I was going to need tissues in season 3...

Spoilers for season 3 ep 3 (I think)
                  Spoiler:
                  Zahn is gone... ... The beautiful blue b*tch has died. Why?

And another spoiler:

Spoiler:
                  I might find out later probably but I'm asking anyway...

What the frell is going on with Jool? My god, she's a real screamer (literally I mean). And actually quite funny too.

I'm only at Ep 6 so I still got a few episodes to go before I have to start season 4. But season 3 has definitely upped the angst and drama. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Thanks! I'll have to check there.

Spoiler:

And another spoiler:

Spoiler:
                    I might find out later probably but I'm asking anyway...

What the frell is going on with Jool? My god, she's a real screamer (literally I mean). And actually quite funny too.

I'm only at Ep 6 so I still got a few episodes to go before I have to start season 4. But season 3 has definitely upped the angst and drama. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

I wanted to warn you, I really did.
                    But I figured its a small price for you to pay for not having to wait six weeks
                    between the end of season 2 and beginning of season3.
                    Don't put up that tissue box just yet, honey.

Comment

A LOT of tissues. Really A LOT.

Spoiler:

Virginia Hey decided to leave the show, partly for health issues due to this blue makeup, partly due to private life issues (she moved from Australia to USA). She wanted to leave after season 2, but the producers managed to convince her to do 4 more episodes
                      Spoiler:
                      Zhaan "dies" in episode 4
                      so they were able to write Zhaan's departure properly.
                      T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

There's a site called Television Without Pity and they're doing Farscape recaps there. Here's an apt description from Jacob, one of the recappers:
                        Does anyone know what the deal with the recaps is - for awhile they had new ones pretty much every week, but there hasn't been anything for about a month now.

Since I can't get all the DVDs yet, I started reading the recaps (actually I've read the ones for episodes I have seen), but they skip some episodes and all of season 3.

I'm anxiously awaiting more!

Comment

Tissues were definitely needed in abundance! Wow ...
                          (Spoilers for "Self Inflicted Wounds pt 2")
                          Spoiler:
                          I'm going to miss Zhaan and Virgina Hey. However I must say she did an amazing job in her final episode. I thought it was great that she went through each character and defined them as seen through her eyes ... "Sensitive D'Argo, Exhuberant Chiana, Wise Rygel, Selfless Aeryn and Innocent Crichton" ... oh my! Beautifully written! And what a respectful send off for the actor and character.

I just finished watching "Eat Me" which was kind of creepy but still pretty good. I'll be interested to see if/how the two threads that ran through this episode come together.

The one episode that I really enjoyed was ...Different Destinations. Made me cry a little to which was intersting. But great episode.
                          (Spoilers for "...Different Destinations")
                          Spoiler:
                          The bit with Aeryn and Crichton at the end was very touching. Yet they didn't have to say a word. I love the character driven focus of this show. I also thought it was a great way to play around with a time-line/time travel episode. It was refreshing that things didn't turn out for the best, or the way they had in the original past. That, instead, the actions of the group definitely had some negative consequences and had a pretty major effect on them.

... and well I'm still getting used to Jool.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                          "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
                            Tissues were definitely needed in abundance!
                            The one episode that I really enjoyed was ...Different Destinations. Made me cry a little to which was intersting. But great episode.
                            (Spoilers for "...Different Destinations")
                            Spoiler:
                            The bit with Aeryn and Crichton at the end was very touching. Yet they didn't have to say a word. I love the character driven focus of this show. I also thought it was a great way to play around with a time-line/time travel episode. It was refreshing that things didn't turn out for the best, or the way they had in the original past. That, instead, the actions of the group definitely had some negative consequences and had a pretty major effect on them.

... and well I'm still getting used to Jool.
                            IMO Jool is great!! She is such a pain in the neck but funny
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Aeryn/Vala View Post
                              IMO Jool is great!! She is such a pain in the neck but funny
                              I have a feeling I'll come to feel the same way about her eventually. It took me a little while to warm up to Chiana. Now that I have I love her character. I'm predicting similar things for Jool ... just gotta give it time.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                              "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
                                It took me a little while to warm up to Chiana. Now that I have I love her character.
                                I still don't love her, but I like her fine, which, considering I absolutely hated her at first, is saying alot!

My favorites are Aeryn, John, D'Argo (fun D'Argo, as someone mentioned earlier), and Pilot.

It took me so long to ever start watching this show because of the idea of puppets as main characters, but it's just amazing how - convincing - the darn things are.

Comment

Working...
                                X