Falling Skies (TNT) - News/Speculation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
    The series really started to come together for me in the last few episodes and I'm looking forward to next season.

I had the same thought about Mike's son, Rick -- that he was left behind as a mole. I also think he may truly believe that he was abandoned by the skitters, so I wonder if the aliens are able to monitor him to retrieve info, even if Rick doesn't plan to consciously help them.
    Ah Mike's son Rick not Rick's son Mike, don't know why but I always get that wrong. I just don't see why they would leave here otherwise.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
      Ah Mike's son Rick not Rick's son Mike, don't know why but I always get that wrong. I just don't see why they would leave here otherwise.
      Hey, don't feel bad, I had to look it up to make sure I got it right myself.

As for them leaving Rick behind, yes, there has to be an angle. Unless, Rick is so far into the transformation process that the lead aliens think it doesn't make a difference if they take him with them now or later.
      sigpic
      Sig by Luciana

Comment

Hmm, does anyone else besides me think that Tom may be going with the aliens just to spy on them? i mean he knows the skitters didn't take back Rick, so why would they want to take back Ben? just a thought.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gem of Tigress View Post
          Hmm, does anyone else besides me think that Tom may be going with the aliens just to spy on them? i mean he knows the skitters didn't take back Rick, so why would they want to take back Ben? just a thought.
          They might not want to take Ben back but as a threat it worked pretty well and as for whether they did really leave Rick I'm not so sure, he could have been sent back as a mole.
          sigpic

Comment

They might not want to take Ben back but as a threat it worked pretty well and as for whether they did really leave Rick I'm not so sure, he could have been sent back as a mole.
            Anything is possible. We shall see next season.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The only thing I don't get about the finale is why when the aliens found out the whereabouts of the school base and the amount of people there, why didn't they send in ships to take it out instead of relying on mechs to get the job done. Porter said in the first episode that when they locate large groups they tend to send in the ships to deal with it.

And I get that it would have been bad TV if they had just been bombed by ships and that was the end of it but from the skitters point of view I'm not sure it makes sense.
              sigpic

Comment

The only thing I don't get about the finale is why when the aliens found out the whereabouts of the school base and the amount of people there, why didn't they send in ships to take it out instead of relying on mechs to get the job done. Porter said in the first episode that when they locate large groups they tend to send in the ships to deal with it.

And I get that it would have been bad TV if they had just been bombed by ships and that was the end of it but from the skitters point of view I'm not sure it makes sense.
                sigpic

Comment

Yea ships would have made sense based on what was said in the series up until this point. I guess we can assume their ships were busy in other places or they had mechs close by in the area that they could send in. They did send a full squad of mechs to finish the job. Having not had any resistance up until that point they would have just assumed the mechs could finish the job no problem.
                  sigpic

Comment

So how is this show so far? thinking about checking it out. Of course if I do season 2 will probably be the last. Just got into Eureka thinking it would be safe being one of SyFy's top series and that was canceled . Only new shows I watched that weren't canceled was Game of Thrones and Walking Dead .
                    That is just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
                      So how is this show so far? thinking about checking it out. Of course if I do season 2 will probably be the last. Just got into Eureka thinking it would be safe being one of SyFy's top series and that was canceled . Only new shows I watched that weren't canceled was Game of Thrones and Walking Dead .
                      This show is much better than SGU and there is little fear of early cancellation.

Comment

as for wether they did really leave Rick I'm not so sure, he could have been sent back as a mole.
                        now that would be interesting.

and about the ships, maybe the skitters sent in the Mechs as an advance force and the ships were to follow and finish the job, but when they jammed the signal the skitters ordered them back. who knows?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
                          It's well worth watching and I don't see it being cancelled but who knows, However you'll never watch anything if you worry too much about shows getting cancelled.

Originally posted by Gem of Tigress View Post
                          now that would be interesting.

and about the ships, maybe the skitters sent in the Mechs as an advance force and the ships were to follow and finish the job, but when they jammed the signal the skitters ordered them back. who knows?
                          Yep, fair point, I could see that being the case.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hopefully we will learn a lot more about the aliens next season.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I so missed watching this tonight. Season was just way too short!
                              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                                I so missed watching this tonight. Season was just way too short!
                                I liked it short because now I miss it, rather than having 22 episodes and getting bored of it at times.

It's like that quote about The Wire - “The Wire ended at just the right time: too soon"

Better to miss something and want more than to be sick of it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X