Falling Skies (TNT) - News/Speculation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
    I am kind of hoping that the Skitters are just one of many different alien species they have conquered. But I am also hoping that each species transformed into a species that is useful to the top bosses out there.

An I rather think that the Mechs and the Skitters are two of the lowest forms of foot solders they have in there armies. The new aliens are use as ground commanders. An what ever they got planned for the human children is design to fill in a gap in there arm forces.
    Trying to figure out the organisation of the aliens and the dynamics between them is really interesting, The Skitters are obviously grunts for the taller guys given the manner in which they bowed in front of the taller one on the bridge. What really interests me is the way in which the Skitters look after the kids as if they are their own children, they don't seem to treat them as a disposable work force.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
      I wonder if the Skitters are many different conquered races changed by the harness? Seems likely. And now they're adding humans to the mix!
      That was definitely the impression that I got, rather than the other idea floating around this thread that they're one of many species conquered.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

the question is are the humuniod skitters seen in the last episode at the top of the food chain? or are they just harnessed creatures aswell, kinda like science types or something, now before you say ooh but theres no harness on there back, well we didnt really get a good look at there backs now did we? and even so that dont mean its not internal like our four legged friends

what im trying to say is those humanoid aliens could be just another conquered alien race in part of a much larger conglomerate.....

Anyways as soon as i saw the humanoid aliens im like yep the four legged skitters are being harnessed aswell, there no better than the kids hauling metal and doing whatever else tptb demands
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
          the question is are the humuniod skitters seen in the last episode at the top of the food chain? or are they just harnessed creatures aswell, kinda like science types or something, now before you say ooh but theres no harness on there back, well we didnt really get a good look at there backs now did we? and even so that dont mean its not internal like our four legged friends

what im trying to say is those humanoid aliens could be just another conquered alien race in part of a much larger conglomerate.....

Anyways as soon as i saw the humanoid aliens im like yep the four legged skitters are being harnessed aswell, there no better than the kids hauling metal and doing whatever else tptb demands
          That what I am hoping for. This way they can keep on bring in new aliens into the mixed. Hopefully they will get to create all 98 episodes they got planned.
          Last edited by knowles2; 03 August 2011, 08:13 AM.

Comment

That what I am hoping four. This way they can keep on bring in new aliens into the mixed. Hopefully they will get to create all 98 episodes they got planned.
            Really 98 episodes planned out, It's great when tv shows have the stories planned for each season I just hope as you say that they will get to make them all.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
              Really 98 episodes planned out, It's great when tv shows have the stories planned for each season I just hope as you say that they will get to make them all.

Comment

Indeed
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

i agree aswell
                  sigpic
                  The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
                    That what they say. Through the Lost team said they had there whole story planned out, and as brilliant as that show was, it did feel like in many places they were making it up as they went along.
                    Last edited by knowles2; 03 August 2011, 09:16 AM.

Comment

The trouble with Falling Skies, IMO, is the pacing of the storytelling. So they supposedly have ~100 planned episodes. But the way the story is taking its sweet time being told, that 100 should be compressed down to 40-50 if the show wants to start/continue to be engaging.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        The trouble with Falling Skies, IMO, is the pacing of the storytelling. So they supposedly have ~100 planned episodes. But the way the story is taking its sweet time being told, that 100 should be compressed down to 40-50 if the show wants to start/continue to be engaging.
                        I quite like the pacing of the show, my only problem is 98 episodes would take 9 or 10 seasons to be completed if they keep to the 10 episode season which is a bit unrealistic, they should aim for 5 seasons or so.
                        sigpic

Comment

Different strokes, I guess.

For my two cents, there's just not enough going on so far to justify the 8 episodes they've had so far. We've been introduced to the setting, met Pope, found out about skitters and radios, and now the developments of episode 8. For the show to be more interesting (for me), they really need to tighten up the pacing so I don't spend so much of the show being bored and waiting for something to happen. For what we've learned so far, they could have done so in half as many episodes and been twice as interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            Different strokes, I guess.

For my two cents, there's just not enough going on so far to justify the 8 episodes they've had so far. We've been introduced to the setting, met Pope, found out about skitters and radios, and now the developments of episode 8. For the show to be more interesting (for me), they really need to tighten up the pacing so I don't spend so much of the show being bored and waiting for something to happen. For what we've learned so far, they could have done so in half as many episodes and been twice as interesting.
                            Fair enough as I said before I like the pacing of the show but each to their own I suppose. I just like the fact that after each episode I want to watch more to find out more, it keeps me wanting but for me thats not a bad thing.
                            sigpic

Comment

That what I am hoping for. This way they can keep on bring in new aliens into the mixed. Hopefully they will get to create all 98 episodes they got planned.
                              It would be great if they really did have things planned out, long-term, for Falling Skies because I would be disappointed if this turned into another Lost or BSG situation. Lost and BSG's creators were less than honest about having long-range plans for their shows and their lack of planning was painfully evident on screen.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                                BSG's creators were less than honest about having long-range plans for their shows and their lack of planning was painfully evident on screen.
                                That's a common misconception, driven largely by the "and they have a plan" in the show's intro. Which, by the way, RDM has said he'll never forgive David Eick for insisting upon (half-jokingly). RDM, Eick, and the BSG gang were generally pretty open about having short- to mid-range plans, but not long-term ones.

I can't speak to Lost though. I could only stomach about two episodes before I dismissed it as crap.

Comment

Working...
                                X