Falling Skies (TNT) - News/Speculation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
    I hope they tone that down too. No one is as attractive as they're trying to make him out to be. I was hoping that Maggie would be spared becoming just another in a line of young girls drooling over him.

Yeah, that is strange, isn't it? Not only isn't anyone looking for her, but if I'm not mistaken, no one has even mentioned her since the episode after she was taken. It's as if the writers' forgot that she ever existed.
    The Maggie character has potential, I too hope they don't ruin it with that.

I believe she was mentioned briefly in the next episode when someone asked "how he's taking it" referring to what had happened in the previous ep. I don't think anything else was mentioned after though. I have a feeling she might turn up again though.
    sigpic

Comment

She will probably found when they attempt to destroy or take one of those towers.
      Last edited by knowles2; 30 July 2011, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Loved the last episode. I'm intrigued about Pope more than any other character as he almost seems redeemable. Obviously letting his brother rape Maggie is a massive problem with that theory but I wonder if the writers regret adding that in now as they seem to be trying to make him more likeable. Not sure where it will lead but I can either see him moving towards being good or Maggie putting a bullet in his head at somepoint in the future.

Also did anyone else notice the quote on the school entrance

"Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing army"

I wonder what Captain Weaver thinks of that
        Last edited by IcarusAbides; 28 July 2011, 06:01 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Personally I hope they don't totally redeem Pope. The bad guy doing the right thing works with his character.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Hey all - I attended the comic con panel last weekend and wanted to post the link here for others to see. Sorry the quality isn't better but it was a fun panel

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
              I find it annoying that every episode there is a girl that's all over the oldest son. The girl he was with in the beginning who was taken by the skitters, the religious girl, the girl at the farm, and now looks like setting up Maggie too. He's also described as the jock who wasn't good at school but great at lacrosse. So typical and unoriginal. Next story line please.
              It's not all that unrealistic to see a young man having young women fawn all over him. It doesn't surprise me at all. He's strong, becoming a leader which is a quality that many find attractive.
              It may be unoriginal but it is life!

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk
              I'm guessing that at this point Karen has been written off, there is only 2 episodes left.
              Too bad I wanted to know what her fate was...
              I'm guessing we are going to see Karen again sometime, most likely in a harness and maybe not until Season 2 or in the last episode of this season. They made a big deal with her in the first few episodes being very active with the resistence. I am guessing that since we saw her before she was taken, when we see her again and I really do think we will see her again, she will be harnessed. This storyline would have more of an emotional impact with the audience. Up until that point all the kids we have seen on the show were harnessed when the show started. Karen is a character we got to know and love a bit before she was taken and she is at the right age for being harnessed.
              I really don't think they are done with her yet!
              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post

I am just waiting for the Maggie/Pope explosion that's going to have to come out sooner or later. I can't believe Maggie would just let it go without decking Pope at least once!
                I'm sure Maggie will let Pope know what she thinks of him in no uncertain terms somewhere down the line probably with a swift kick to the groin.

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                That show has to be way cheap to make too. I'm thinking this baby is a success.
                Originally posted by KEK View Post
                I seriously doubt this is a cheap show to make.
                It would be interesting to know how much these shows cost to make. Not as much a movie I bet. When you think that most movies - scifi or not - cost on average 100 million dollars and that is aprox 3 eps worth, timewise, of a TV show. I can't imagine an ep of a TV show costing more than a million dollars. Makes you womnder what the movie industry does with all the money?

Originally posted by maxbo View Post

Yeah, that is strange, isn't it? Not only isn't anyone looking for her, but if I'm not mistaken, no one has even mentioned her since the episode after she was taken. It's as if the writers' forgot that she ever existed.
                That's made me wonder how much time had actually passed from the first ep to the current ep. A week? or two? It may only be a few days...I can't remember.

If it's not very long then they haven't really had much time to consider her...especially everything else that's been happening. If it's been many weeks then that would be a bit strange.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Personally I hope they don't totally redeem Pope. The bad guy doing the right thing works with his character.
                That's what I hope too. In fact I see the line of right and wrong with him being more than a bit blurry.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                  It would be interesting to know how much these shows cost to make. Not as much a movie I bet. When you think that most movies - scifi or not - cost on average 100 million dollars and that is aprox 3 eps worth, timewise, of a TV show. I can't imagine an ep of a TV show costing more than a million dollars. Makes you womnder what the movie industry does with all the money?
                  Each episode of SGU cost over 2 million dollars, which isn't a huge amount compared to some productions out there. The Lost pilot alone for example cost 12 million dollars to make, with every other episode in the 4-5 million range. Hell, the main cast of Friends were reportedly earning close to 1 million dollars each from season 5 onwards. There's a serious amount of money in TV!
                  Last edited by KEK; 29 July 2011, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Each episode of SGU cost over 2 million dollars, which isn't a huge amount compared to some productions out there. The Lost pilot alone for example cost 12 million dollars to make, with every other episode in the 4-5 million range. Hell, the main cast of Friends were reportedly earning close to 1 million dollars each from season 5 onwards. There's a serious amount of money in TV!
                    Really? Wow! No wonder if the viewing numbers don't stack up the show's get pulled.
                    sigpic

Comment

I thought it was 1 million per episode each on Friends.

As for films a lot of money goes on the actors. Want Will Smith in your film, you are looking at paying 20 - 30 million dollars for him. Other actors are paid just as much. I believe the second and third film over 100 million dollars were paid out just to the stars of the film, nearly a third of there budget, which was said to be 300 million.

Look at films like Monsters, Skyline and District 9 shows what can be done for 500,000, 12,000,000and 30,000,000. An you can see Hollywood wastes a lot of money on actors. It the same in TV, Lost was not expensive to produce because of the special effects or the location (which could not cost that much to do), it was because the actors and there union bosses demand more to star in a network television show than a cable show.
                      Stargate Universe would cost 5 million an episode if it was on Network television, because actors would demand to be paid more and have there union backing them up.
                      Last edited by knowles2; 30 July 2011, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I seriously doubt this is a cheap show to make.
                        You're kidding right? Most of the footage is in random bldgs and they've got a bunch of nobodies as cast.

Comment

On-location shooting is a hell of a lot more expensive than filming on sets.

That, and Noah Wyle. As an 11-year ER alum, he probably demands a pretty sizeable paycheck.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

You're kidding right? Most of the footage is in random bldgs and they've got a bunch of nobodies as cast.
                            I believe their budget is set at around $2-2.5 million per episode.
                            sigpic

Comment

They have a large cast with loads of extras, lots of location shooting, special effects and quite a bit of CGI too, not to mention Speilberg as executive producer no doubt demanding a fair wedge. The only figure I can find is $2.5m per episode, which I wouldn't consider cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                                I believe their budget is set at around $2-2.5 million per episode.
                                so the same as SGU with 3x the viewers?

Comment

Working...
                                X