Falling Skies (TNT) - News/Speculation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
    i'm sure they were many slave owners in the 1800s and people running concentration camps that "loved" their slaves. No need to go all "helsinki syndrome" on us. Just kidding
    lol

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
      Spoiler:

I will admit, I did feel sorry for the Skitters in this episode.

An I did find it shocking how the doc could so easily kill the skitter in captivity. She certainly has a very dark side to her. Her character has gone from ordinary to interesting.

i am also puzzle by there behavior. Especially how the Skitter seemed to protect the kids. Even treat them as there own and yet use them as slaves and even weapons. The skitters even killed several of them without a second thought. Yet the Skitter with the kids look like he would kill anything which threaten those kids. May be there different groups with the Skitters culture or may be they are taking orders from someone else, and they will avoid those orders when and wherever they can.

I do like the way the show is adding depth to the aliens, it would be easy to make them out right evil, but they seem to be avoiding that. It will be interesting to see where they are heading with this story line. I am glad they have finally finished off the let rescue ben story line. Which was dragging the show down. Hopefully we will see the story move a bit quicker next week, may be a bit more action and more direct resistance it be nice to see what the other teams have been up to,.
      I think it's likely that there could be disagreements in the Skitter ranks.

Spoiler:

Maybe the one who was seemingly caring for the children is female (or if that's politically incorrect, some kind of sensitive section of the species ) These may not have a say in what the other more agressive ones want...maybe.

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
      Feel sorry for the skitters? Nope not yet, they are beginning to show that they are multidimensional emotionally but with so much blood on their hands is hard to get past it.
      Same here...far too much blood on their hands. Although I think it's great if they make them so that we're tempted to feel for them. I can't see what they could come up with so I feel sorry for them.

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
      I'm sure they were many slave owners in the 1800s and people running concentration camps that "loved" their slaves. No need to go all "helsinki syndrome" on us. just kidding
      Good point. I'm now thinking more along the lines of them farming the children and some of them are not that bothered if they have to kill a few off now and again.
      sigpic

Comment

And something else...was anyone surprised to see....

Spoiler:

...Rick still alive? I could have sworn he died last week.
        sigpic

Comment

Check out Greg Beeman's blog - it's a bit long of a read but it's got some nice info and background stories about 'Silent Kill'. Also hints at what some of us have been speculating about the harness, kids and possible connection to skitter reproduction.

Also, Spielberg is still involved with some of the concepts with show!

http://gregbeeman.blogspot.com/
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

The show is OK so far. Can't say I'm blown away but will continue watching. I think the potential is there but I feel like its missing that extra level that distinguishes amazing shows from just plain good ones.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
              The show is OK so far. Can't say I'm blown away but will continue watching. I think the potential is there but I feel like its missing that extra level that distinguishes amazing shows from just plain good ones.
              I know what you mean. I do enjoy it, but I DVR it and watch it later because I have other things I like on Sunday nights. When I do watch the show, I find myself falling asleep. It usually takes me three attempts before I can actually make it through an episode. Its sortta like when I went to see Green Lantern...it was good...but I felt something was missing.
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                was really creepy with the Skitter and the kids. ugh..*shakes off cold feeling* it will be interesting to find out why they do that
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gem of Tigress View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  was really creepy with the Skitter and the kids. ugh..*shakes off cold feeling* it will be interesting to find out why they do that
                  Yes it was. But it was like an "awwww" moment...a creepy one albeit...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    Yes it was. But it was like an "awwww" moment...a creepy one albeit...
                    Yeah, quite creepy.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I decided to skip on this show!... its good but its not that great that I want to watch it that much on a weekly basis! I really wanted to love this show.. oh well.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        Yeah, quite creepy.
                        I think I would've freaked out if a skitter curled up with me to sleep...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                          I think I would've freaked out if a skitter curled up with me to sleep...
                          He looked so friendly though. Just a mutated ET with more arms
                          sigpic

Comment

Except I didn't see ET putting mind-controlling harnesses on people.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                              Great news. I'm not in love with the series, but its a fun show thus far and there isn't much anything else sci-fi on TV.
                              I'm not blown away or in love with it yet but I've got my fingers crossed.
                              Chicago Con Attendee 2011
                              Chicago Con Attendee 2010
                              GateCon Attendee 2008
                              Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Yeah, friendly until something goes wrong, and he/she orders a Mech to take you out as an example.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X