Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rickington View Post
    I loved this episode.

I thought it was hilarious when Carter yelled, "Fruitcake!" at Vincent...
    And the way Vincent responded
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
      I can understand him too, but I think different people can understand different accents better, though I have to ask. How well can you tell the different English accents from each other?
      I would say pretty good, after all they all have their certain pattern. I would say Taggarts accent is supposed to be Australien, thought I cant remember hearing the word "Maitee" in that Language.

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
      And the way Vincent responded
      The best one was still "DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY CALORIES I HAVE INGESTED????!!!!!!!"
      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
        The best one was still "DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY CALORIES I HAVE INGESTED????!!!!!!!"
        I love that!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          I love that!
          Me too! It would of been funnier if Carter ate a whole tray of them
          sigpic
          Don't touch Lola

Comment

Didn't he have like 5 or 6 of them?
            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

at least

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13277740719861

sigpic

Comment

I love that!
                Me too!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                  Didn't he have like 5 or 6 of them?
                  Probably more, but hey, if those cakes return to normal size at some point, he would be the first Choice for Eurekas Santa Claus.
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                  There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                    Probably more, but hey, if those cakes return to normal size at some point, he would be the first Choice for Eurekas Santa Claus.
                    *mental image* ROFLMAO
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rickington View Post
                      Me too! It would of been funnier if Carter ate a whole tray of them
                      And then somehow be Super Huge and fat at the end of the episode.

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                      Me too!
                      I think it may be one of the funniest lines in Eureka IMO.

Comment

I think it may be one of the funniest lines in Eureka IMO.
                        Yeah...I can see that!
                        sigpic

Comment

well that was weird i fell asleep and apparently woke up watching christmas episode of Eureka ? !

is this christmas miracle or something , btw this happened on my computer .... so hmm ?!
                          sigpic
                          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            I am very confused....when is Carter's storytelling supposed to be set? This is their first Christmas since futzing with the timeline, but he's telling the kids a story of a past Christmas that involves a talking/mentally-stable Kevin, Fargo in charge of GD, and Allison running medical. What gives?

I loved the Christmas intro sequence, and the holiday font for the names. And it was great to see Taggart again.

Ultimately I don't think this was an especially good first effort at a Christmas episode. Too disjointed and scatterbrained for my liking, it desperately needed more focus. Hope next year's is better (if they do it again).

Lovely final moments of the episode though.
                            You know, I was thinking that too

As for the ep, it was ok I guess, not the best though. Jo as secret Santa? I'm sorry, I just didn't buy that *shrugs*

I seem to be losing a little bit of interest in Eureka this season
                            sigpic

Comment

EPISODE 10
                              O LITTLE TOWN...

My SYNOPSIS: TOTALLY MESSED UP CHRISTMAS EPISODE.

LIKED.....
                              Seeing some of the guest stars.

DIDN'T LIKE.....
                              BASICALLY EVERYTHING. I'm going to go into a long-winded rant on this one, and it won't even contain much in the realm of spoilers.

So this is a Christmas Episode. That's fine. All the Christmas stuff they did was fine. The disaster of the week was meh. Where this episode completely fell apart was execution.

O LITTLE TOWN... is meant to be a flashback episode narrated by Carter. So we get guest stars whom were previously on the show because it is supposed to be taking place in the past. We are forced to indulge the fact that while these guest stars look different they are meant to be from a set point far enough in the past that four Eureka youths around the age of twelve don't recall this Christmas disaster of the week. Keeping in mind that their parents might have successfully kept the disaster from them there are certain aspects of the disaster the entire town would have known, but it never registers with these kids during the storytelling. Meh not the worst thing ever, but still an oversight.

Another sub-par quality was that it was meant to be a narrated story. They just didn't do a great job with that aspect of it.

The following has overall Season Spoilers so I am going to hide it.

Spoiler:
                              The worst part of the episode is that it tries to demonstrate it is from the past, but it forgets to take into account Season Four is in an alternate timeline. HOW DO YOU MAKE THAT MISTAKE?!?!?!?! You bring back characters whom have long left Eureka, but you forget there are five characters living in an alternate timeline. These five characters were living different lives in Original Timeline Carter's past, but this story doesn't account for that. Original Timeline Carter is narrating the story, but he couldn't know a story from the long ago past that had Jo as the Head of GD Security, Fargo as the Head of GD, and Allison as the Chief GD Medical Officer. They should have all been in their original timeline rolls.

Possibly the worst example that points to this mistake is that they POINTLESSLY have Alternate Timeline Kevin in the episode. His appearance serves no purpose, but points to their timeline mistake. It is crazy.

I WISH I could say Carter is telling the story and he could have changed things around so the kids wouldn't question why Fargo wasn't the head of Global Dynamics, but the way the story played out it was necessary for everyone to be in their alternate timeline rolls. I could say the entire story was fabricated by Carter's imagination, but that is even more ridiculous.

Granted in this episode they did not establish how long the characters have been in the alternate timeline, but it would have to be more than a year as these characters living in the alternate timeline seem to be acclimated to that alternate timeline. It also has to have been longer than a year because a sixth character living in an alternate timeline is not in the episode. If it is truly longer than a year or even years, that would be a HUGE leap forward in time from where we left off.

Yes in the end there are ways a viewer could try to extrapolate justification for the enormous oversights of the episode, but is that what is supposed to happen? Should a viewer be forced to try to make connections that really aren't possible in the given Universe this story is playing in? The reality is the writing and execution of the episode just lacked oversight and forethought and the observant viewer is left with the mess. ​​

Comment

Working...
                              X