No announcement yet.

Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found new love for Zane last night particularly after he took the general's criticism about having to detonate a nuclear weapon to a happy place. I can't recall ever seeing quite that response to nukes.
    He had some good lines this past episode.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Spoiler:
      I was very surprised by their decision to make Allison pregnant. I figured once Nathan was gone, it would open the way up for a Carter and Allison romance. I'm predicting now though that Carter and Allison get close because of the birthing coach job and right as she's about to give birth, Nathan shows back up.

Comment

I thought it was a cool ep with some interesting and surprising developments
        Spoiler:
        especially Allison's pregnancy and of course the last scene where Carter got fired. best lines -

Thorne: You spoke to the General
        Carter: Yeah he usually doesn't take my calls but I used your name and he picked right up and it was awesome. I hope you don't mind.

Henry: These men did not die of natural causes
        Carter: Awesome

awesome

Originally posted by Arative View Post
        Spoiler:
        I was very surprised by their decision to make Allison pregnant. I figured once Nathan was gone, it would open the way up for a Carter and Allison romance. I'm predicting now though that Carter and Allison get close because of the birthing coach job and right as she's about to give birth, Nathan shows back up.
        Spoiler:
        And now for the answer to the only question you probably care about right now—Is Stark Really Dead?—the answer is YES.
        http://revealthescience.blogspot.com...ye-nathan.html
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Eureka Unscripted is now calling last night's episode the season three finale. Of course, they said on yesterday's posting that they had no idea when the next thirteen episodes (currently being produced) would be airing, and that they would post when they heard something.

Today's post is pretty interesting - apparently this episode was a nightmare to produce. Check it out. Also, Eric Wallace gives even more behind-the-scenes info on his personal blog.

http://revealthescience.blogspot.com...ts-on-308.html

A couple of highlights:

Spoiler:
          1) The network threw out their script for the finale 2x, the second time two days before filming. They were literally writing the script as they went along.
          2) They didn't want to make Allison's character pregnant. They didn't want to have two pregnant characters on the show at the same time. But they'd already made Lexie pregnant when they found out Salli Richardson was pregnant. They thought about transferring Lexie's babies to Allison, but the network again killed the idea and ordered that Allison's baby be Nathan's.

Hmm. I don't know what I think. I'm not crazy about having two characters on the show pregnant either, but I kinda think I'd rather Allison be having Nathan's baby than be carrying Lexie's babies for her. Obviously in retrospect, it would be better if Lexie wasn't pregnant, but they didn't know that going in. I guess we'll see how it plays out.

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
          Spoiler:
          And now for the answer to the only question you probably care about right now—Is Stark Really Dead?—the answer is YES.

http://revealthescience.blogspot.com...ye-nathan.html
          You left off the last two words of that quote. Which are:

Spoiler:
          For now.

Last edited by Killdeer; 24 September 2008, 06:27 PM.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post

Spoiler:
            For now.
            Spoiler:
            yes I know but even IF he'll appear in another ep, it won't be anytime soon imo
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Eureka Unscripted is now calling last night's episode the season three finale. Of course, they said on yesterday's posting that they had no idea when the next thirteen episodes (currently being produced) would be airing, and that they would post when they heard something.

Today's post is pretty interesting - apparently this episode was a nightmare to produce. Check it out. Also, Eric Marshall gives even more behind-the-scenes info on his personal blog.

A couple of highlights:

Spoiler:
              1) The network threw out their script for the finale 2x, the second time two days before filming. They were literally writing the script as they went along.
              2) They didn't want to make Allison's character pregnant. They didn't want to have two pregnant characters on the show at the same time. But they'd already made Lexie pregnant when they found out Salli Richardson was pregnant. They thought about transferring Lexie's babies to Allison, but the network again killed the idea and ordered that Allison's baby be Nathan's.

Hmm. I don't know what I think. I'm not crazy about having two characters on the show pregnant either, but I kinda think I'd rather Allison be having Nathan's baby than be carrying Lexie's babies for her. Obviously in retrospect, it would be better if Lexie wasn't pregnant, but they didn't know that going in. I guess we'll see how it plays out.
              Huh. It looks like the writers really lost a number of battles with TPTB. I actually thought the episode was quite good; I didn't suspect that it was thrown together at the last minute at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                Spoiler:
                yes I know but even IF he'll appear in another ep, it won't be anytime soon imo
                No, probably not, but my point was -
                Spoiler:
                you can't use that quote to prove that Nathan's definitely not coming back, when the very next line leaves the possibility open for something in the future.

VisitEureka.net has an interview with Ed Quinn, where he talks about his reasons for leaving the show and everything. And I agree, it doesn't sound hopeful for him coming back. But actors have changed their minds before, and since the writers seem to be, in a small way, keeping a door open for him, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that he might show up again some time in the future.

The question of whether he should return or not is a different story. Like he said in the interview, what's he going to do - marry Allison a third time (technically second, since they never actually married in I Do Over)? But I'm not sure I agree with him about the "de-fanging". It sounds like he enjoyed playing Stark more as a darker, more morally ambigious character, and while I understand that, I liked the Stark they had in S2 and S3, and the somewhat reluctant partnership he and Carter had started forming. I think there could have been a place for that on the show, if the writers had wanted it.

However, removing Stark, while leaving a definite hole, has also brought other characters to the forefront. Zane of course, and I've also noticed that Allison's been playing a much bigger role in their investigations now.

If they brought him back, I'm afraid they would bring him back as a darker character again, and I'm not sure I'd like to see that. Better for him to go out saving the world. And if they're serious about going with Jack/Allison, the triangle couldn't last forever.

But again, this being TV Land, I too would not be surprised to see him show up again when the baby's born or after, just as Jack and Allison start getting cozy again.

Last edited by Killdeer; 24 September 2008, 04:02 PM.
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                  Huh. It looks like the writers really lost a number of battles with TPTB. I actually thought the episode was quite good; I didn't suspect that it was thrown together at the last minute at all.
                  Oh, no, I didn't either. Apparently the episode ran quite long, because they were literally making it up as they went along, and it was a nightmare to cut down. Eureka Unscripted said that there will probably be lots of deleted scenes from this episode on the DVDs.
                  Last edited by Killdeer; 24 September 2008, 06:25 PM.
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  sigpic

Comment

What happened to her other kid?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                      What happened to her other kid?
                      He walked up the stairs dribbling a basketball, never to return again. (Green to whoever get the reference)

Spoiler:
                      But seriously, I think the double pregnancy has potential, think of carter serving as surrogate to two pregnant and very hormonal women
                      Last edited by TameFarrar; 25 September 2008, 10:09 AM.

Comment

I think this show should be axed, and then they should continue on with SGA. This is just another soap opera show with very little Sci Fi. I just watched it and found it boring .

Comment

I HATE that people can't seem to figure out what to do with an intelligent female character so they make her
                          Spoiler:
                          unexpectedly pregnant, as if she were too clueless to use birth control, it really torques me up!

That being said, congrats to Salli Richardson! I just wish they had found a less offensive way of dealing with her real-life pregnancy.
                          Last edited by TameFarrar; 25 September 2008, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
                            He walked up the stairs dribbling a basketball, never to return again. (Green to whoever get the reference)
                            Happy Days and the older brother?

Comment

Today's post is pretty interesting - apparently this episode was a nightmare to produce. Check it out. Also, Eric Wallace gives even more behind-the-scenes info on his personal blog.

A couple of highlights:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                              For now.

Thanks for that link it was an interesting read

me personally....
                              Spoiler:
                              I wasn't a Stark fan so I won't miss him ...but he did a great job in the episode none the less
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Eureka Unscripted posted a couple of photos from episode 3x10. Nothing extremely spoilerish, but they show
                                Spoiler:
                                Jo working on a laptop at the bunker with Carter (who is in civilian clothes-that may or may not mean something).

Unfortunately still no word on when the last 13 will air.

Re: Lexi -

Spoiler:
                                I wonder if maybe they will do something to have her lose the babies now. I know they didn't want two pregnancies, and Salli is pregnant and Ever is not.

It occurred to me tonight while rewatching From Fear to Eternity - anyone think it's a little strange that Lexi's not showing yet, carrying twins? I'm sure they don't want to have to give Ever a baby belly any sooner than they have to, but still. I guess I'm just remembering a friend of mine in college who had twins though.
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X