No announcement yet.

Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Stark too. He really reacts well to being the butt of Carter's joke. He holds his own too. I love how Carter gets to him.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
      really hate that south africaustralian accent though...seems to get worse every ep instead of better.
      I'm waiting for the twist a few episodes in, that's he just affecting the accent to sound more official as an animal expert and he's really from Ohio or something. It could happen.

"Gigantopithecus Americanus..." Hee hee. SOMEONE on the writing team has done their Cryptozoology homework.
      Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
      I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
      What have these years left to me?
      Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Just FYI:

The production order of the episodes (so far):
        1. 101 - Pilot - parts 1 & 2
        2. 102 - Many Happy Returns
        3. 103 - Blink
        4. 104 - Alienated
        5. 105 - Dr. Nobel
        6. 106 - Before I Forget
        7. 107 - Right as Raynes
        8. 108 - Invincible
        9. 109 - Purple Haze
        10. 110 - Primal
        11. 111 -
        12. 112 -

The rest of the episode titles and their expected broadcast order (production numbers unknown):
        scheduled airdates are in "()"...
        09. Right as Raynes (9/5/2006)
        10. Primal (9/12/2006)
        11. Purple Haze (9/19/2006)
        12. H.O.U.S.E. Rules (9/26/2006)
        13. Once In A Lifetime (10/03/2006) Note: rumored episode

Of all the episodes aired so far, Blink (the latest episode) seems to be the most out-of-order episode because of the reactions of the characters to each other seem too distant when compared to previous episodes.

Here's the actual broadcast order so one can compare:
        1. Pilot - parts 1 & 2 - First aired: 7/18/2006
        2. Many Happy Returns - First aired: 7/25/2006
        3. Before I Forget - First aired: 8/1/2006
        4. Alienated - First aired: 8/8/2006
        5. Invincible - First aired: 8/15/2006
        6. Dr. Nobel - First aired: 8/22/2006
        7. Blink - First aired: 8/29/2006
        8. Right as Raynes - First aired: 9/5/2006
        9. Primal - First aired: 9/12/2006
        10. Purple Haze - First aired: 9/19/2006
        11. H.O.U.S.E. Rules - First aired: 9/26/2006
        12. Once In A Lifetime - First aired: 10/03/2006 (rumored episode)
        Last edited by Sci-Fi; 14 September 2006, 09:54 PM.
        It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

The fact that it's being aired in a different order than it will be on the DVD in is a bit odd, but oh well. it's a great show and I can't wait for next week's episode!!
          Spoiler:
          Before you met me I was a fairy princess
          I caught frogs and called them prince
          And made myself a queen
          Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
          I slept in castles and fell in love
          Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
          To capture tinkerbell
          They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
          But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
          And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
          And anything I can to get by
          And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

But why are they airing it out of order? What's the reason for it? They can't just be doing it for the hell of it.... I know it's scifi but still.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
              But why are they airing it out of order? What's the reason for it? They can't just be doing it for the hell of it.... I know it's scifi but still.

I hear you. First thing I noticed was the character relationships were off from the previous episode. It was a great episode but they are dragging down the storyline by airing them out of order. Also Fargo was in better standing with Nathan and in this episode he wasn't.

I will admit, Carter asking Henry "...why does this look like me?" (holding dummies head) and Henry replying "...it's generic", more then made up for it. (Might have missed a word or two...sorry )
              "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
              The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by RedGuard
                I hear you. First thing I noticed was the character relationships were off from the previous episode. It was a great episode but they are dragging down the storyline by airing them out of order. Also Fargo was in better standing with Nathan and in this episode he wasn't.

I will admit, Carter asking Henry "...why does this look like me?" (holding dummies head) and Henry replying "...it's generic", more then made up for it. (Might have missed a word or two...sorry )
                yeah also he's not in the level 4 storage room in this ep...

and also Sheriff Carter is only now being introduced to the town. I'd imagine the "Monday Morning Minute" would be every Monday so it's a bit late right now.. furthermore, he doesn't even have one of those MMM video thingies... I'd expect Allison would have given him what he needed already by this episode... it's going to be so wierd when watching it on dvd.
                Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Well, didn't they air Sateda and Irresistable out of order?
                  http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Networks sometimes do it, air episodes slightly out-of-order, when a new show is popular and they want to mix in faster paced or a more interesting episodes to keep the viewers coming back. As long as they don't do a FOX...i.e. Firefly (didn't even start with the pilot episodes) it's generally ok, but could be confusing, character development-wise, if the episode doesn't fit in with what was shown previously.

It depends on the series ... if it's heavily episodic or mainly stand-alone episodes. Episodic series need to be shown in order to make sense to the viewers, especially if there's an overall arc(s) involved. Eureka does have an overall arc as well as planned character development, but the weekly episodes plots tend to be stand alone and problems are solved within that hour. So the SFC is taking a chance, but apparently they feel the gamble is worth the risks and hope the series becomes even more popular.

Personally I think the SFC is spreading Zoe's appearances around and concentrating on showing the other people in the town as well as advancing Carter's growing relationship with Allison.

Comment

Why do they even bother having a Sheriff, if Stark just calls out the Special Forces guys whenever there's a problem?

Comment

hi all
                        im new fan of eureka
                        now im downloading 106
                        its perfect show
                        which episode do you like? i like 103 and 105
                        as i could read im not sure i understand-as well as i know there are only 6 episodes yet,nope 8...or am i wrong?
                        On leti,on tak krasne leti!

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak
                          Why do they even bother having a Sheriff, if Stark just calls out the Special Forces guys whenever there's a problem?
                          To maintain a facade of normalcy?

The governing of the town is a little bit sketchy, but it seems that Stark runs Global Dynamics, which is in turn run by the government, but he has no real actual legal or political power within Eureka itself. It's just that he likes to swing his weight around, since Global Dynamics is basically the reason Eureka exsits...and since he has access to bigger guns.
                          Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                          I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                          What have these years left to me?
                          Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy
                            To maintain a facade of normalcy?

The governing of the town is a little bit sketchy, but it seems that Stark runs Global Dynamics, which is in turn run by the government, but he has no real actual legal or political power within Eureka itself. It's just that he likes to swing his weight around, since Global Dynamics is basically the reason Eureka exsits...and since he has access to bigger guns.
                            I also think that without Carter, he'd couldn't slove his way out of a paperbag
                            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by Gabophis
                              as i could read im not sure i understand-as well as i know there are only 6 episodes yet,nope 8...or am i wrong?
                              Actually there are 4 more episodes to go for this 1st season...12 in all or 13 if you count the pilot as 2 episodes.

And Welcome to the Eureka thread...

Comment

im really enjoying this show. ive only seen a few eps (what they've shown in the uk so far) and its good. i like that there's an element of fun in it too, makes me laugh.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Working...
                                X