Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure

I got that vibe too, especially when Deputy Jo was complaining she deserved the job and Jack never passed the "test". The daughter wasn't there either. Maybe this was supposed to be the first episode after the pilot???
    That's was my thought... Felt strange that there would be this hostility between Jo and Jack when they were a little more chummy last week and also to hear Henry call Jack "Sheriff" when he called him "Jack" in the last episode.
    But perhaps they wanted some continuity in the Walter/Susan saga...
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
      But perhaps they wanted some continuity in the Walter/Susan saga...
      bad things happen when writers and network brains argue about continuity.

thinking about it, the whole Walter/Susan ep would have been much better if it hadn't been done so soon after the pilot. would have been a better midseason ep. esp since neither have been seen since.
      Thanks!
      Jordan

my page
      My LJ
      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

i have a question...

anyone else absolutely love Nathan? i keep having this feeling that the show wants me to not like him, but i do anyway.
        Save us from danger, save us from evil
        Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

is it just me or is the psychiatrist a whore?
          Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
            is it just me or is the psychiatrist a whore?

no no...she's a spy...sex is a weapon.
            Thanks!
            Jordan

my page
            My LJ

Comment

Anyone know what sort of ratings Eureka is pulling now? First week was excellent, but have they been able to hold steady since then?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Saw the second episode last night, and thought it was very good. They seemed to have worked out the kinks and little problems from the pilot.
                It was good how they had two seemingly separate stories (the cloning thing, and the "ghost") and had them linked. I figured that the "ghost" was something to do with the weird stuff that happened in the pilot, but didn't think it would actually be Walter.
                Jack is a decent character - he's kind of like, well, Jack (O'Neill), in that he doesn't understand the complicated science stuff, like the majority of viewers, so we don't feel dumb.
                And what the hell is up with Fargo?

8/10 for "Many Happy Returns"

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
                  no no...she's a spy...sex is a weapon.
                  aka she's a whore... with the congressman and the guy with the memory eraser and I bet she would have slept with Jack Carter if he didn't fall asleep on her.
                  Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
                    aka she's a whore... with the congressman and the guy with the memory eraser and I bet she would have slept with Jack Carter if he didn't fall asleep on her.
                    I don't think we're certain just what did happen in that "fall asleep" scene. We know she puts "stuff" in the tea, and she obviously knows more than she's letting on. We may go back to that scene down the road.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I don't think we're certain just what did happen in that "fall asleep" scene. We know she puts "stuff" in the tea, and she obviously knows more than she's letting on. We may go back to that scene down the road.
                      I'd think she either interrogated him or planted a post-hypnotic suggestion. Maybe both.

Comment

my thoughts exactly!
                        Thanks!
                        Jordan

my page
                        My LJ

Comment

I smell season finale material.
                          Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Zap2It: "Eureka" a Tuesday Best Bet Aug. 15th

From Zap2It:

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,584|||20060815%5FDATETIME%3A3333147265,00.html

TV Best Bets for Tuesday, August 15

*All Times Eastern
                            By Courtney Potter

Eureka

9:00 PM - SCI FI

If you haven't given "Eureka" a chance yet, you're totally missing out. It has a certain snarky humor reminiscent of shows like "Buffy" -- plus, the writers are able to come up with all kinds of fantastic gizmos that fit into a town replete with geniuses. Last week, several of the town's more eccentric citizens were hit with a satellite feed that turned them against a (decidedly shady) senator who'd come to town for a meeting with Stark (Ed Quinn). It was up to Sheriff Carter (Colin Ferguson) to help bring 'em back to reality. Tonight, a scientist (guest star Saul Rubinek [who guest-starred in SG1's "Heroes"]) taps into the power of Stark's mysterious artifact, gaining healing powers in the process.

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              The neighbors were complaining.
                              What neighbors?
                              The entire state of Idaho! (heh, and that's another notch closer on location)
                              I would guess Eastern Washington (right next to Idaho)--which is weird because they have the senator flying into McChord Air Force Base (which is in Western Washington--Tacoma). Fairchild would have made more sense (Eastern Washington--Spokane).

I know, I know--who cares? Only someone from Washington....

Huh! I didn't know this (just random trivia from googling):

Washington State has the distinction of having more warheads than four of the six known nuclear nations. These warheads are concentrated in two places: at Fairchild Air Force Base in Spokane and at the Bangor Submarine Base across Puget Sound, on the Hood Canal.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

just some info- theres an article on eureka in the september issue of sfx. just thought i'd say

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Working...
                                X