Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immhotep
    Look forward to the next episode, with them going to new situations it will be interesting to see how long their creativeity lasts.
    Same here.

I'm wondering that too about this show.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
      I doubt it was just a coinkydink; Wasn't it Peter Flemming who played Jason Anderson who plays agent Malcom Barret of the NID?
      Wow... really?
      He certainly has aged a bit...

That Nathan Stark really reminds me of Christian Bale... down to the swagger...

Midsummer Night's Dream/Invasion was a nice touch... when you think of all the forgetting or gaps in memory.
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

This show is already boring me. It's not original, it doesn't have good actors, it doesn't have good stories. I can't really see how I'm going to be able to keep watching it..................

Dear Sci Fi,

Please give us more real Sci-Fi shows in the vein of Babylon 5, BSG, Firefly, Farscape, SG-1, Star Trek, etc.

Sincerely,
        Oka.
        We're whalers on the moon,
        We carry a harpoon.
        But there ain't no whales
        So we tell tall tales
        And sing our whaling tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Oka
          This show is already boring me. It's not original, it doesn't have good actors, it doesn't have good stories. I can't really see how I'm going to be able to keep watching it..................

Dear Sci Fi,

Please give us more real Sci-Fi shows in the vein of Babylon 5, BSG, Firefly, Farscape, SG-1, Star Trek, etc.

Sincerely,
          Oka.
          You really make it sound like labor to watch or that you're obligated to keep going against your will. There is nothing wrong with disliking a show and moving on; no one's going to hold it against you.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for better Scifi like some of what we've had in the past though. These days, potentially good stuff get's cancelled before you can blink.

Eureka is silly, but it's new and funny. I'll watch until they make a mess of it as they inevitably do with all successful series.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
            You really make it sound like labor to watch or that you're obligated to keep going against your will. There is nothing wrong with disliking a show and moving on; no one's going to hold it against you.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for better Scifi like some of what we've had in the past though. These days, potentially good stuff get's cancelled before you can blink.

Eureka is silly, but it's new and funny. I'll watch until they make a mess of it as they inevitably do with all successful series.
            very true. Watch until they screw something up and then move on to something else.
            Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
              Wow... really?
              He certainly has aged a bit...

That Nathan Stark really reminds me of Christian Bale... down to the swagger...

Midsummer Night's Dream/Invasion was a nice touch... when you think of all the forgetting or gaps in memory.
              Well, according to TV.com, Jason Alexander was played by Andrew Airlie. I was trying to figure out where I'd seen him before--the name doesn't sound at all familiar. Oh--he was Kalan in Learning Curve (among other things!). I remember now.

Hee! You're right, Nathan Stark reminds me of Christian Bale, too.

I really, really liked this episode.

ETA: Wow! He's been in a LOT of things that I've seen:

http://www.tv.com/andrew-airlie/pers...pearances.html
              Last edited by warmbeachbrat; 03 August 2006, 06:30 PM.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
                It is good to see people enjoying the show in different ways. How mature of you to celebrate that fact. Thank you for showing us how it should be done. It's a lesson we all can learn.
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
                  very true. Watch until they screw something up and then move on to something else.
                  That's my viewing philosophy... then I don't stress about anything and waste my own time by complaining about it.

But I'm liking Eureka so far... it's good for at least one season right?
                  That's more than what Firefly got.
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                    That's my viewing philosophy... then I don't stress about anything and waste my own time by complaining about it.

But I'm liking Eureka so far... it's good for at least one season right?
                    That's more than what Firefly got.
                    Well... I think it's only a 13 episode season- and Firefly got around 13 eps before cancellation. So technically it may only last as long as Firefly.

Personally, I hope it sticks around a while longer- It's the only thing I have to watch mid-week (Stargates on Friday and Dead Zone/4400 is Sunday)

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                      Spoiler:
                      I'm not sure what Tiger Woods has to do with all of this, but thanks for the pic. He's my favorite athelete. I watch him all the time and I don't even play golf.
                      "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                      it has it's own laws and beats about things
                      which the intellect scorns."
                      - Mark Twain -

Comment

An abbreviated season doesn't mean a show isn't gonna get renewed, it just means it's short. Isn't BSG short, too? I know Doctor Who and Life on Mars are short (I think S1 of LoM was only 10 eps) but that's England and they have different philosophies on series/season lengths.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak
                          Saw the premiere last night.
                          It wasn't brilliant, but it was quite good, and likeable. I'd probably give it a 7/10.

What's the actual format of the show - is it basically broken invention/weird crap of the week, or is it more arc-based?
                          There have only been a few episodes so not enough time to establish an overall story arc yet. There has been mention of the mysterious Section 5 that none of our characters is allowed to enter, and the odd psychiatrist has something up her sleeve. Keep watching!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            An abbreviated season doesn't mean a show isn't gonna get renewed, it just means it's short. Isn't BSG short, too? I know Doctor Who and Life on Mars are short (I think S1 of LoM was only 10 eps) but that's England and they have different philosophies on series/season lengths.
                            The first season of BSG was 13 eps, yes. Season 2 and 3 are 20 eps though.
                            Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                            Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                            -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                              my thought exactly. i'll enjoy it while i can, then i'll move on.
                              Save us from danger, save us from evil
                              Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                Yes... Grey's Anatomy (not sci fi but nevertheless) had 9 eps in it's first season and like 27 in the second.
                                Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Working...
                                X