Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    Well, since Irwin is perceived as an animal maven/hunter/gamekeeper/whatever and since that's what Matt's character likes to think he is, why is it so insulting?

And the point, again, is that the accent is SUPPOSED to sound fake. Sure, you could hire an Australian actor, but doesn't it seem a little silly to have a real Australian with a fake Australian accent?
    Is it meant to be so fake? *maybe* If it is then they are obviously taking the mickey which I can live with but I still reserve the right to be annoyed by it.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
      I think you misunderstand where I was coming from, I am Australian and it irks that most *many* US actors go for a broad "Steve Irwin" type accent when most Australians do not speak with that kind of broad accent. Australia has very many but subtle differences in our accent depending on where you live. I also get the impression the Australian accent is not an easy one for Americans to pull off anyway; so why not employ an Australian actor who has their accent intact?
      Yeah... that's what bugs me mostly... it's that exaggerated ocker... Funny that they never go for the Sam Neil or Hugo Weaving accent.

Still if the Matt Frewers character is a parody... and recurring, I can live with it.

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
      I can tell I'm in the minority, but I like Steve Irwin. I saw a profile of him and his wife a while back--they seem like genuinely good people. And their daughter is just adorable.
      He's a performer... a little larger than life...
      I've also seen interviews with him and his wife, mostly he's pretty subdued. She looks to be level headed so I think she knows a few things about Steve that we wouldn't.
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
        Yeah... that's what bugs me mostly... it's that exaggerated ocker... Funny that they never go for the Sam Neil or Hugo Weaving accent.

Still if the Matt Frewers character is a parody... and recurring, I can live with it.
        I can live with it too. You know Sam is from New Zealand and Hugo was born in Nigeria but I get what you are saying. Hey Claudia Black sounds kind of British so...

Comment

I really like this show. It is different, and thus interesting. So far, so good... I'm going to keep track of this show.
          The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
          Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
          My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
          Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Anyone else notice that both the Comcast on-screen guide and GateWorld said StarGate SG-1 instead of Eureka, while TVGuide.com and what was actually playing (EUReKA) matched?

Odd that I could sit there and watch EUReKA when the on-screen guide is telling me SG-1. Not that there's anything wrong with that; I wanted to watch EUReKA and not episodes of SG-1 that I probably have on DVD.

Comment

I don't knpow if anyone has posted this yet. But I found this on Forbes and its
              for 7/25/06 ratings.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2006/...ap2909240.html

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                I don't knpow if anyone has posted this yet. But I found this on Forbes and its
                for 7/25/06 ratings.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2006/...ap2909240.html
                So does that mean it got a 2.7 on the Nielson??
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I don't get those ratings. Sponge Bob got more homes but less veiwers and beat Eureka.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
                    I don't get those ratings. Sponge Bob got more homes but less veiwers and beat Eureka.
                    I sure know the ratings system confuses the hell out of me. Glad I'm not the only one.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
                      Maybe it's referring to the different viewing choices of a multiple TV-set household? So more people in each household were watching Eureka than spongebob....just a guess.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

the fact that TV execs judge their lineups on neilsen ratings shows how retarded they really are.
                        no one of interest or class, or taste usually gets those boxes - which is why high rated shows include all that reality TV garbage you see on now.

but i love this Eureka show. hope it hangs around.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                          the fact that TV execs judge their lineups on neilsen ratings shows how retarded they really are.
                          no one of interest or class, or taste usually gets those boxes - which is why high rated shows include all that reality TV garbage you see on now.

but i love this Eureka show. hope it hangs around.
                          tell me about it! Though with the internet fans can unite and drive a mesage Just look what happened with Farscape
                          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

just a quick question- is this the show thats starting next week in the UK?

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl
                              just a quick question- is this the show thats starting next week in the UK?
                              yeah it starts tomorrow on Sky One, at 9:00

Comment

Originally posted by RuleBritannia
                                yeah it starts tomorrow on Sky One, at 9:00
                                thanks, i wasnt sure. ill be watching the show tomorrow night to see what its like

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Working...
                                X