No announcement yet.

Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eureka fandom's pretty small in my experience, but there's some lj comms you can try - Eureka Haven, Eureka Public Library, and Eureka TV.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

OMG! Thanks for those links! Awesome!
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Press release about S4, with spoilers.

Some of the items of interest -

1. Eureka returns July 9th.

2. Season 4 is only 20 episodes, not 22 like we'd previously heard.
        Spoiler:

3. James Callis (BSG) is going to be a full-time cast member. His character description:
        Spoiler:
        Callis will play scientist “Dr. Grant,” a former resident of the town whose unexpected return is cause for serious alarm and – considering his romantic interest in Allison Blake (Salli Richardson-Whitfield) – significant friction with Sherriff Jack Carter (Colin Ferguson).

4. Tess is returning, at least briefly. Jamie Ray Newman is listed as a special guest star, along with Matt Frewer (Taggart). I was hoping she'd be full-time, but at least we get to see her a little.

5. Zoe is returning - Jordan Hinson is included in the cast list.

6. And another reference to something big happening this season -
        New and returning fans won’t want to miss the big changes in store for everyone in the small town of Eureka after a cataclysmic shift turns their lives upside down.
        Compare this to what Erica Cerra (Jo) had to say recently:
        The story is being flipped around, sideways, back and forth and I think everybody is going to be so excited for this season. They are doing something completely different, new, and exciting and totally taking characters I love and changing them.
        I'm very intrigued to see what they're planning for this season.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

Another Erica Cerra interview I found, from 01/10/10.

'Percy Jackson's' Erica Cerra is a goddess, and a deputy.

I thought this part was interesting -
          JP: So how's the role of Deputy Jo Lupo the law enforcer been for you, and do you see more romance in the future?

EC: Well, my character started off like 'We want Chyna.' You know, 5'10, 200-pound, muscled Chyna ... and they ended up with me. I just saw "Avatar," and I think [Michelle Rodriguez] is what they wanted -- you know this really tough chick. So that's what I did. Then later they came and said, 'OK, the audience doesn't really like this, so let's try something different and soften you up.' That being said, some people loved her, loved her being tough.

In Season 3, they took her love relationship to a whole 'nother level, showing that there's a much softer side to Jo ... but I really want tough Jo back. There's a lot of love going on and we don't need so much love.

JP: So, no more scenes of you singing on top of pianos?

EC: [Laughs] Oh, OK. That wasn't necessarily my favorite thing to do, but I loved that episode! I had an absolute blast doing that episode. Talking to another version of myself was challenging and a lot of fun.... But yeah, I want that special forces chick back. The little tough girl.
          I agree with her - I was thinking last season that they'd mellowed Jo a little too much. I hope that gets better in S4.
          - Life after Stargate -
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I liked the tough Jo from S1!
            sigpic

Comment

Season 3.5 DVDs announced today - release date June 29th.

Check the link for box art and more info.
              - Life after Stargate -
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                Yeah, I liked the tough Jo from S1!
                Season 1 Jo was kinda unbearable for me, but S3.5 Jo is a bit much. Can't we strike a happy medium?
                - Mary
                SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                  Season 3.5 DVDs announced today - release date June 29th.

Check the link for box art and more info.
                  Huh. Don't know if I realized that 3.5 wasn't out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by cflat View Post
                    Huh. Don't know if I realized that 3.5 wasn't out yet.
                    This fad of doing DVD's in half seasons is kinda getting on my nerves. It means i have two have twice as many boxes for my Ghost Hunters collection. God help me if I get into Eureka enough to want the DVD's...
                    - Mary
                    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

I sort or understand with the 3.0 and the 3.5 as they were released in different years. But here's hoping that they have the whole thing for sale somewhere for the sake of my checkbook.
                      sigpic

Comment

What ever happened to that Ball of intelligence thingy. U think they will revive that plot? or have they already done it and im just behind on my catch up...

Comment

It's been a while. Refresh my memory. Ball of Intelligence thingy?

And by and large, they seldom revisit various plot devices.
                          sigpic

Comment

Section 5 secret object or something like that. It was the biggest secret of all secrets.
                            an exotic ball of glowing mess that cud hold the key to life the universe and everything.. according to them it wasn't 42.
                            Natahan was obsessed with it. It just like after a certain incident they left it alone.

Comment

I think simplykam is talking about "The Artifact"
                              Last edited by firefly827347; 17 April 2010, 07:19 AM. Reason: My sucky spelling.

Comment

Oh, The artifact! No, I think after the goings on of S2, that's all over and done with. I can't see them revisiting that one.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X