No announcement yet.

Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey! Today's Joe Morton's birthday! He's 62!
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Okay, so my computer is being painfully slow in looking through the previous pages, so I'm just giving up and airing my thoughts...

I love this show! Sadly, I've missed several eps in between, so bear with me...

Allison's pregnancy: I'm assuming the actress got pregnant, and they decided to write it into the storyline? She's in good company, after all SGA, Star Trek Voyager, Farscape, and many other have done this to varying degrees.

Her son: She had that brilliant (autistic?) kid, right? I seem to recall an early episode where he saved the day with some equations...Aussie tv has been pretty bad in showing it consistently, first having it on a special HD channel, then switching it without warning to half-past-midnight on a free to air channel...So I missed a few eps in between...where did the kid go?
      She never talks about him, no-one ever mentions him...did he, in the fine tradition of unwanted kids, go to boarding school, or go to live with family elsewhere, or even (Neighbours reference here) move to Darwin?

Allison and Sheriff Carter....awww, c'mon...do they have to keep stringing it out like this? Poor girl has feelings for him, that's obvious. The babyshower episode was sweet, where he was feeling her pain...
      and then, that stupid newbie lab assistant waylaid him and kissed him! Erk. Have they brought her in just to drag the Allison-Jack romance out for even longer? It seems silly, to have him falling for this girl, when he's obviously had (and still has) feelings for Allison...

Whatever happened to the reeeeally annoying character, the godawful Crocodile-Hunter ripoff with the world's worst Aussie accent? (or was it supposed to be Sith Ifricin? I can't tell, when they're that overdone...)
      Like I said, I missed a few eps, and suddenly, he's gone. Can't say I was displeased.

I'm really loving watching the show, it's one of my favourites on at the moment.
      Would anyone be interested in doing an episode-review and discussion after each ep? I realise this is probably only useful for other Aussies who are getting the same ep that week, but other folks who have it on DVD/ get it off the interwebs could join in too?

Comment

Yeah, Salli was pregnant. And they did write it in - fairly well I thought - for Allison to be pregnant.

Kevin is mentioned from time to time. He's fairly central to the season 2 overall arc. Not in it so much in season 3.

Taggart is still around. I agree about the accent but I adore the character.

And I have no idea what they're going to do with the whole Jack/Allison thing. Still kinda hoping. . .

Not that it would interfere with my love for Jack/SARAH!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
          Yeah, Salli was pregnant. And they did write it in - fairly well I thought - for Allison to be pregnant.
          At least it was a believable turn for the storyline to take...bit complicated to saddle the poor lady with losing her husband-to-be and having his baby in a very short space of time (kinda like Days of Our Lives!), but hey, gives them more to work with...like Carter being her birthing coach, and (hopefully) being a dad-role-model for the little bub...

Kevin is mentioned from time to time. He's fairly central to the season 2 overall arc. Not in it so much in season 3.
          Ah, that was his name. Yeah, I didn't think I'd seen him in a while...
          Actually, reading through the episode listing on wiki, it appears I've missed most of Season 2- crap! I'll have to find them online and rewatch them all in order someday...

Taggart is still around. I agree about the accent but I adore the character.
          See, the accent was enough to put me off the character, no matter how funny/ wacky/ nice he was...

And I have no idea what they're going to do with the whole Jack/Allison thing. Still kinda hoping. . .
          Not that it would interfere with my love for Jack/SARAH!
          Okay, I had to think about that one for a minute...you mean....the house? Well, she does know him better than anyone.....

Comment

I adore JACK/SARAH. Yes, the house. OTP for me!
            sigpic

Comment

Well, Eastwick is cancelled. I wonder if that means our chances of having Tess back just went up?
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                Well, Eastwick is cancelled. I wonder if that means our chances of having Tess back just went up?
                Huh! It has possibilities!
                sigpic

Comment

That's the first thing I thought when I heard!

Comment

Hank is cancelled also. Wonder what this means for Zoe's future.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

Gosh, I'm flabbergasted.

I saw the pilot, and I have never before seen anything that was more nothing than that half hour. I could see every attempt at a joke from miles away. What on earth were they thinking?!?
                      sigpic

Comment

Eureka is not really a comedy but it is a peak into the daily life of a weird little town ,and a starts off slow and gets better each show.

Comment

Oh, I have loved each and every episode. And, it might not be a comedy at its center, there is a strong comedic element through the whole thing. That town is too quirky for there not to be.
                          sigpic

Comment

I just watched last night's ep, the one where everyone loses their memory, and Allison goes into labour...

First things first: Clip show?? Aw come on. At least they managed a vaguely decent plot around it, but still....a clip show?

I loved the Jack/Allison shippyness in this, but then having him kiss Tess and then go back to Allison.... I know, I know, he did it to help with her memory, but it just seemed they were trying to keep the Jack/Tess thing going on, when I'm pretty sure it's Allison he's soft for.

Well, baby's here, now what? I wonder how quickly they'll zoom through the months, or give Allison more interesting stories now?

Although, hating of clipshows aside, the Fargo-show was fun. I love Jack's comment on hearing SARAH for the first time- "Fargo...is that you talking like a girl?"

Comment

The very last Eureka episode, "What Goes Around, Comes Around", looked almost like a series finale.
                              Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                                The very last Eureka episode, "What Goes Around, Comes Around", looked almost like a series finale.
                                Noooooo! Aw, it can't end, I only discovered it recently!
                                Hrm, that's...not my next ep, but the one after- so soon!
                                (If I could ask...we haven't seen the last two eps in Aus yet...any spoilers for the next two eps, please put in spoiler tags?)

Comment

Working...
                                X