Im really going to miss Dollhouse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I thought I would miss this show a lot more than I do.

I still get miffed whenever I think about Firefly, but Dollhouse? I just don't really care.
    the same with me. I really think Firefly could have at least four seasons, but dollhouse ... was a few episodes awesome but lot more episodes were meh...
    sigpic

Comment

Just finished watching the second season yesterday. I liked the build up to the conclusion but I thought the final 2 episodes could have been better.

A few things that bothered me:

Spoiler:
      1) Alpha is all of a sudden the good guy and no one has any problem with it? I feel like this requires at least some explanation

2) Topher is a genius and he can't figure out how to put a timer on the device so it won't have to be done manually. I understand sentimentally its because he felt responsible for everything and felt that it was the only way to go, but logically it doesn't make any sense.

3) What happened to those tech heads?

So many unanswered questions with the plot.
      sigpic

Comment

I liked Dollhouse alot, not Joss's best show by any means but I thought it was great and a lot better than most of the stuff that exists out there today.

Comment

Miss it as well, imo it was one of the better shows of the last few years.
          Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
          Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

how can you miss that which was barely able to become it's own entity
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              how can you miss that which was barely able to become it's own entity
              How come people miss Firefly?

Comment

Dollhouse was awesome because I wished it to be awesome. I think if I didn't already love most of the actors, and didn't know it was Whedon, I never would have stuck with it. Glad I did though, because season 2 progressively got better, and I felt like it ended with a bang.
                sigpic
                Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

This was a really good show. Very unfortunate that it was given the boot, however in saying that I thought they completed their storyline in a pretty complete way. Thankfully after watching the final ep I was able to get some closure in what I found to be an entertaining show. Its always nice when that happens.

Now just don't get me started on Las Vegas....
                  sigpic

Comment

Dollhouse surprised me, it's a show that didn't showcase it's potential till later in the first season, the immortal life , rich society, multiple versions of people is just incredibly complex and season 2's driving force was interesting to see unfold.
                    Flickr Account: Gallery

Comment

While it may not have thoroughly been the best show around, some of the episodes were amazing, generally those ones involving Alpha or Bennet. I think the epitaph was a little unnecessary, it could have just been left at the end of season two possibly with some threads unfinished but the whole 3rd season (practically) crammed into one episode was a bit irking.
                      Das guy eating vegetabbles, says 'Waock!' and nice guy obliteratio for sudden.

I always hated that saying...

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
                        While it may not have thoroughly been the best show around, some of the episodes were amazing, generally those ones involving Alpha or Bennet. I think the epitaph was a little unnecessary, it could have just been left at the end of season two possibly with some threads unfinished but the whole 3rd season (practically) crammed into one episode was a bit irking.
                        Huh? Epitaph Two was a direct sequel to Epitaph One, the last episode of season 1.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          Huh? Epitaph Two was a direct sequel to Epitaph One, the last episode of season 1.
                          Ya but that didn't air in the states did it? It was only on the DVD iirc, he may not have been aware of that
                          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                            Ya but that didn't air in the states did it? It was only on the DVD iirc, he may not have been aware of that
                            Indeed, Epitaph One was never aired (at least in the US) but was included on the Season One DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                              Indeed, Epitaph One was never aired (at least in the US) but was included on the Season One DVD.
                              I think it aired over here in UK and ireland on Sky, not sure though
                              I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Dollhouse was an awesome show I wish it was'nt cancelled loved the 2 seasons
                                Eliza Dushku's character Caroline Farrell aka Echo went threw alot in season 2 and Eliza Dushku is an amazing actress she rocks seen her in a few things she's awesome
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X