No announcement yet.

Fox Cancels Dollhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok now... who wants my season one dollhouse dvds... paid actually 40 bucks for it.damn it. thought it would last longer....
    sigpic

Comment

I can't find myself blaming Fox for this one. Dollhouse had terrible numbers to begin with and they just got worse as the series continued. Joss Whedon is not above failure for a TV series. And that is just what happened. The viewers just didn't like the story
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

<Snipped>

One could say that maybe it makes room for something that doesn't suck, but I didn't think Dollhouse sucked when I watched it.

I guess you could say that it'll make room for something with longevity, but FOX, longevity, and scifi don't mix well together.

OOH! I've got it. It'll make room for a new show about an acerbic doctor/FBI agent who has to infiltrate a dance/singing talent show to find out why x-files-ish activities are occurring. It'll run for 15 seasons and will feature a glee club doing the soundtrack.
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 12 November 2009, 11:23 AM.

Comment

I read about in a different community.

Joss. you knew that Fox consists of a bunch of jerks and you had vowed to never work with them again and still you came back. You should have known better.

I guess we fans saw that coming. Why else would Fox pull the show off the air in November and then show double features. They want to get rid of the show as fast as possible. I think we fans should be glad that they at least show all the episodes. They didn't do that with Firefly and neither did ABC with "Pushing Daisies".

Oh well at least now he has the time to do the project with the BBC that he has been holding back for a while now :-\
          He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
          He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
          And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I can't find myself blaming Fox for this one. Dollhouse had terrible numbers to begin with and they just got worse as the series continued. Joss Whedon is not above failure for a TV series. And that is just what happened. The viewers just didn't like the story
            Erm....actually a lot of people did love the show but, as discussed in a different thread, the real problem lies with the fact that Fox like so many other channels just looks at the ratings from Nielsens and nothing else. If they had actually looked closer at the numbers for digital downloads like Hulu or TiVO then they would have seen that Dollhouse is doing actually pretty well. A lot of people simply do not watch a show when it is on anymore (I certainly don't), but when they have time and it is convenient via one of the newer venues.
            He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
            He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
            And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
              Fox has canceled Joss Whedon's Dollhouse, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The sci-fi series, which stars Eliza Dushku, is currently filming its 11th episode and is expected to finish its 13-episode order.

Though Dollhouse saw a ratings bump from DVR viewing after a grim performance in the fall, Fox pulled the cult favorite from its November-sweeps schedule after four episodes.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Dollhous...d-1011926.aspx
              Isn't this headline from last year as well?
              Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

Unsurprising but it's a shame. The last episode to be aired was probably the best one so far. Still looking forward to the remaining 9 episodes. I think Whedon previously said that episode 13 will provide some amount of closure and I've read a few places that Fox still plans on airing these final episodes, so that's something at least.

Comment

Dollhouse down.
                  Stargate: Universe up next.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Tomorian View Post
                    Dollhouse down.
                    Stargate: Universe up next.
                    unlikely

since SGU isn't on fox.

and that IS the topic here, FOX canceling Dollhouse. You wanna chat about SGU, head on over to that part of the forum please
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                      Erm....actually a lot of people did love the show but, as discussed in a different thread, the real problem lies with the fact that Fox like so many other channels just looks at the ratings from Nielsens and nothing else. If they had actually looked closer at the numbers for digital downloads like Hulu or TiVO then they would have seen that Dollhouse is doing actually pretty well. A lot of people simply do not watch a show when it is on anymore (I certainly don't), but when they have time and it is convenient via one of the newer venues.
                      Actually the networks do look at the online and DVR shifted numbers. It just wasn't enough. Dollhouse had a big increase with Live +7 but they were still quite low
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Well we all knew it was coming.

Cannot blame Fox the numbers has been lousy.
                        An the show swings far to much to great best stuff on TV to this should not even be on TV quality.

Which they never solve in the second season.

I do not think I will missed this one. An I honestly think it was Whendon an crew that made the mistakes an not Fox. After all it was his decision to not work with HBO, where the show could of become a success.

Comment

My brother sent me this... he found it on a Facebook Dollhouse fan page:
                          Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Notice how it says
                            Spoiler:
                            20th century,
                            cause that's where they are stuck at.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Actually the networks do look at the online and DVR shifted numbers. It just wasn't enough. Dollhouse had a big increase with Live +7 but they were still quite low
                              Yeah but they only look at those numbers as an afterthought. The numbers that all networks still care most are the Nielsen numbers. The networks have to accept that viewing habits have changed thanks to the internet and digital television.
                              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                                Yeah but they only look at those numbers as an afterthought. The numbers that all networks still care most are the Nielsen numbers. The networks have to accept that viewing habits have changed thanks to the internet and digital television.
                                They have to get with the flow, I mean I watch a couple of my show just online.
                                sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

Working...
                                X